Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trophy Room

According to a source close to Porto, agreement reached between Alex #Telles and Manchester United. Agreement on a 5-year contract. Manchester United will now discuss with Porto. PSG are also on the lookout. Paris is still considering this issue. #MUFC#RMCsport

:nervous:
I thought he would know better than to trust any source from Portugal :lol:

$inner_88

Pointless agreeing a contract If we aren’t going to pay the asking price like the last few times.

crossy1686

career ending
Bouhafsi’s usually very reliable but the information isn’t coming directly from him so take it with a pinch of salt especially when it involves Portuguese sources.
According to Portuguese media United have signed every player at the top clubs every season so I don't actually believe any of this.

pascell

Sky now also running with that the club have spent money on Bruno and VdB this year and are happy with the squad.

We'll likely sell Smalling and buy Telles and that's us done.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Chelsea apparently had a deal to sign him before COVID but pulled out. I think it was €50m, but then Chilwell came available so they went for him instead. I mean he can't be that bad can he? Quite attacking from what I remember.
Is he actually good at attacking, or just good at set pieces?

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
On the basis he was one of the best lbs in la liga last season
Players can't always replicate the past success in a new environment or league. Buying players in not an easy science. Anyway, United did want him but as right did not agree to the buy back-clause.

prateik

Chelsea apparently had a deal to sign him before COVID but pulled out. I think it was €50m, but then Chilwell came available so they went for him instead. I mean he can't be that bad can he? Quite attacking from what I remember.
His contract is up in a year and Chelsea had agreed to pay 50m for him? And now Porto want 20m? Do you really believe that?

crossy1686

career ending
His contract is up in a year and Chelsea had agreed to pay 50m for him? And now Porto want 20m? Do you really believe that?
So his buyout is €40m, not €50m, I was wrong. That's what Chelsea were quoted back in June and were happy to pay if they couldn't get Chilwell. PSG are interested too apparently and have been for a while.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Players can't always replicate the past success in a new environment or league. Buying players in not an easy science. Anyway, United did want him but as right did not agree to the buy back-clause.
Well yes we didnt buy him due to the clause. But would have obviously immediaetly competed with Shaw for the position if we did.

Just like we know Van De Beek will and knew Bruno Fernandes would etc

SinNombre

Is he actually good at attacking, or just good at set pieces?
Good at setpieces and crosses a lot though xA from crosses isn't particularly high (is that on him or Porto's attacker I don't know)

Analysis

Trophy Room

I think statistically he’s actually pretty good but there’s questions marks as to why no other clubs have tried to sign him previously despite being solid year after year. Then again you could say the same for Bruno and he’s alright isn’t he. :)
May not have been worth the asking price of 50 million.

cyberman

Whatever. Cba with the fancy dan analysis. Is he fast or slow?
Inbetween?
I dont think we need pace, all we need is someone good on the ball since we will be facing low blocks every other week.
I couldn't tell you if TAA was especially quick but he doesnt have to be

Suv666

Either the club aren't interested in Telles or the club is skint.
Feckin Leeds has spent more on players. Either we are on the verge of bankcrupcy or Glazers penny pinching like usual.

crossy1686

career ending
Is this usually how its done? Surely the clubs talk amongst each other first to at least get an idea of the money involved?
Clubs speak to agents first to ask terms, then speak to clubs to agree a fee to release them from the club. No point in speaking to the club first only to find out the player isn't interested or wants daft money.

RedChisel

Are we just going round Europe agreeing terms with loads of players but refusing to actually sign. It's just totally pathetic. The Glazers and Ed have nothing but contempt for the fans it seems.

SATA

Are we just going round Europe agreeing terms with loads of players but refusing to actually sign. It's just totally pathetic. The Glazers and Ed have nothing but contempt for the fans it seems.
How many was loads? Sancho, Reguilon which we gave up because of the clause and now allegedly Telles? All of only three?

Sea-Cow

On what basis do you think he is better than Shaw? How you really watched him consistently over a certain amount of games? He wasn't good enough to be even a reserve at Madrid. Basically, third choice.
I've only seen him in the semi-final against us and based on that alone he would be an immediate upgrade on Luke Shaw. Isn't he starting there for Spain, when Luke gets to relax and put on weight for two weeks during international breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.