Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Would be ridiculous if supposedly skint Liverpool end up outspending us, not to mention the best squad in the league needs reinforcements, while we are fine with just VDB.
On the bright side Liverpool spending some cash might wake up the board from their slumber. Feck Sancho, get another RW in.
They’ve gone from looking like they had no money to doing deals. Wonder did they take a loan?

K Stand Knut

I think the shifting of deadwood is now irrelevant. They can rot and never play as far as I’m concerned.

Without further strengthening, I can see Ole being the first sacking (I appreciate that this might be a tad OTT)

Sea-Cow

He's really not. He's not slow by any stretch of the imagination, but he doesn't have the raw pace of someone like Walker. I'm not sure he could even reach the top speed of AWB or Shaw either.

He got exposed a bit by the pace on the Leeds wing last week. Had a pretty terrible game that day to be honest, just underlined how he still has to work on the defensive side of his game.

Can't really fault him going the other way though, obviously.
Alright well I guess I will be on the lookout for that. In my mind I have him built up as being incredibly quick. Could be wrong I guess

SinNombre

Is VDB, Telles & Sancho at all likely?
VDB, attacking fullback and Sancho is still very likely.

Our muppets don't want to admit (despite all evidence to the contrary) that United and Woody want to drag the Sancho saga to the last week.

Infra-red

Boufahsi is normally on the money with deals in France. Hoping the feckers as accurate with Brazilians playing in Portugal linked with English clubs....
The last time he said we were making a deal to bring in a Brazilian, it later emerged that we were never even in for him and Boufahsi had simply parroted a load of agent BS...

Wonder if it will be different this time or if this is just a nudge from Telles' agent to get PSG to pay up.

GJNJ

I think the shifting of deadwood is now irrelevant. They can rot and never play as far as I’m concerned.

Without further strengthening, I can see Ole being the first sacking (I appreciate that this might be a tad OTT)

The more deadwood we get rid of the more we get the wage bill down the more that should be freed to spend more. We can’t get rid at the moment and that seems to be slowing everything down. We will always struggle due to wages we pay them and teams will also be delaying to try get the price down. The Glazers are either not willing to spend or not willing to gamble on shifting the deadwood after we have made our moves in the market and/or also delaying to try get the fees down.

We will be fine until tiredness or fatigue kicks in. If we don’t do well in the first few months it isn’t the lack of quality that will be on Ole, we have a top 4 quality 1st XI (some will disagree, matter of opinion).

The problem with not bringing in a top quality players, and why most are frustrated, is that we aren’t closing the gap to the top of the league.

MrSingh2002

The last time he said we were making a deal to bring in a Brazilian, it later emerged that we were never even in for him and Boufahsi had simply parroted a load of agent BS...

Wonder if it will be different this time or if this is just a nudge from Telles' agent to get PSG to pay up.
PSG were linked with Telles previously too. So maybe it was a leak to Boufahsi in France to manipulate PSG into offering more. That would make sense to leak that we've agreed personal terms with the player.

On the flipside the English media look to have an Ed Woodward briefing special too which makes me think United may be interested too. Let's hope they actually turn this into a summer of signings and not just another summer of briefings.

K Stand Knut

The more deadwood we get rid of the more we get the wage bill down the more that should be freed to spend more. We can’t get rid at the moment and that seems to be slowing everything down. We will always struggle due to wages we pay them and teams will also be delaying to try get the price down. The Glazers are either not willing to spend or not willing to gamble on shifting the deadwood after we have made our moves in the market and/or also delaying to try get the fees down.

We will be fine until tiredness or fatigue kicks in. If we don’t do well in the first few months it isn’t the lack of quality that will be on Ole, we have a top 4 quality 1st XI (some will disagree, matter of opinion).

The problem with not bringing in a top quality players, and why most are frustrated, is that we aren’t closing the gap to the top of the league.
the wage bill is fine. We’ve lost Sanchez’s wages this summer so it will drop irrelevant of who we sign

That is not the problem.

if it genuinely is, we’re goosed because no one is taking Lingard, Pereira, Jones or Rojo.

Or should I say that they will happily sit at the club on their current wages.

BUT, I don’t think it is. I cannot offer any other logical explanation

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Apparently, Spurs are paying less than 50% of Bale's wages.

Spurs are only paying 220k/week of Bale's 600k/week in wages.

Suv666

Apparently, Spurs are paying less than 50% of Bale's wages.

Spurs are only paying 220k/week of Bale's 600k/week in wages.
That is not a bad deal. If we plan on waiting for Sancho, Bale would have been a great short term fix. He probably would have turned us down though, given its Spurs.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Juve still want to get Moise Kean in despite looking to get Dzeko.

Rough translation:
Days of contact on the Kean front, who would be an alternative to Dzeko. The bianconeri are pressing for a loan and have full agreement with the player. However, Everton would like to sell him permanently or include a purchase obligation.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
£45m for Wolves' 5th or 6th best player!? :confused::confused::confused:

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Wages? I was under the impression that everything was agreed between Liverpool and Werner, but when push came to shove they refused to match Chelsea's bid.
May be they knew Thiago was going to be in the market? They also signed a LB.

GJNJ

the wage bill is fine. We’ve lost Sanchez’s wages this summer so it will drop irrelevant of who we sign

That is not the problem.

if it genuinely is, we’re goosed because no one is taking Lingard, Pereira, Jones or Rojo.

Or should I say that they will happily sit at the club on their current wages.

BUT, I don’t think it is. I cannot offer any other logical explanation
Between those 4 players mentioned that is about 350k per week in wages, add Romero and Smalling to that it looks 28m a year wasted.

We sign DVDB 120k per and if we sign telles 100kish, and sancho 300kish. (Around 30m a year) If you have all those players still here, many of which won’t be able to be registered, the wage bill would be diabolical, even with Sanchez off the books.

I’m not saying the board are blameless and this is an excuse for them, it’s entirely of their own doing from choices that have been made for the last 7 years but it offers some sort of explanation as to why things have moved along too slowly and why we can’t just let them rot in the reserves.

As an aside from that we are also getting battered by the media and failing miserably at controlling the narrative as always. Our name is constantly being used by clubs, agents etc for their players, raising expectations of united fans then for the players to go elsewhere, even if we as fans weren’t that bothered about them in the first place, it still represents as a loss. They just keep finding a way put themselves in the worst possible light and killing the mood, seemingly stopping the positive momentum of getting back into the CL last season.

Irrational.

What the feck is it with Liverpool getting big bucks even for their fringe players? This Hoover fella has made 4 appearances for Klopp FFS. Yet they've potentially recouped over a third of the Thiago fee from a player that had a cat's chance in hell of making the Liverpool first team.

Craig Ward

VDB, Telles & Sancho would be a successful window, no?
[/QUOT

Id say no.

Vdb is a great signing, Sancho would obviously be a game changer. Telles has been hyped up for years and never made the move, he looks average.

Plus if this is all our business we have another season of Lindelof. Not a disaster, but far from ideal.

We seriously need to sell players too.
Why on earth cant we sell Smalling?
Jones, Rojo, Periera and Lingard have no future here and i cant see Romero staying to be 3rd choice

Shambolic the little activity we have done in both incomings and outgoings given the season has started.

We needed a strong bold window and we've thus far been the least active club in the prem.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I don't understand how Liverpool make so much money from sales . 13.5 million for a guy who hardly played for them

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I don't understand how Liverpool make so much money from sales . 13.5 million for a guy who hardly played for them
He's young and a very promising player. In his few appearances for the first team, he showed a good amount of potential. Despite that, I still think 9 + 4.5 is a little pricey, but I can understand the relatively higher fees.

CallyRed

What the feck is it with Liverpool getting big bucks even for their fringe players? This Hoover fella has made 4 appearances for
Klopp FFS. Yet they've potentially recouped over a third of the Thiago fee from a player that had a cat's chance in hell of making the Liverpool first team.
Helps when they are not on the big bucks. Unlike our Phil and young Jesse

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
He's young and a very promising player. In his few appearances for the first team, he showed a good amount of potential. Despite that, I still think 9 + 4.5 is a little pricey, but I can understand the relatively higher fees.

All the Liverpool fans I know think that he is not good at all . If we sold Tuanzebe I would be surprised if anyone paid close to that

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I could be going way off on a limb here but it seems to me that as a whole - Pool is still considered somewhat of a lateral transfer for many clubs whereas with us we're still suffering somehow from being the big club pawning off their rejects idea - which obviously leads to a huge disadvantage at the bargaining table. At least thats the way I assume many agents, clubs and players would probably see it still.

Status
Not open for further replies.