Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Looks like there's another transfer poker game going on here.

Sport Witness highlight that Jamie Jackson reported this, who could have obtained this info from Arthur Quezada of Esporte Interativo (or vice versa). Regardless, Record are stating that Porto are just looking for 20 million Euros and that United are briefing a higher price for whatever reason.

Given that both clubs are negotiating through intermediaries, could it be that certain intermediaries are looking to take advantage of this transfer? I wonder how the negotiations would have gone if both clubs negotiated directly.

John Keiler

Liverpool and Chelsea decide who they want to improve, bid and get them within days.

We flail around like a bunch of idiots with a manager who nods and does whatever he is told citing 'young development'.

We are f******

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location

Sport Witness highlight that Jamie Jackson reported this, who could have obtained this info from Arthur Quezada of Esporte Interativo (or vice versa). Regardless, Record are stating that Porto are just looking for 20 million Euros and that United are briefing a higher price for whatever reason.

Given that both clubs are negotiating through intermediaries, could it be that certain intermediaries are looking to take advantage of this transfer? I wonder how the negotiations would have gone if both clubs negotiated directly.
Why don't we just sign the cnut, rather than acting like a bunch of cnuts?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Johan Mojica will complete his transfer to Atalanta. He was previously eyed up by Juventus and Sassuolo.

EDIT: Transfer completed

Last edited:

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022

So that when we sign him, we can say that we signed him for a lower price than they wanted... That really is the level of pathetic cuntyness that Ed Woodward is at I think.

It's like me walking into Aldi, telling my wife that they want a tenner for the loaf of bread and saying "watch this". Walking over. Giving them the quid it actually costs and walk out with my bread in one arm, wife on the other, bragging about how cool I am.

Varun1

What's more damning for me than players coming in, is the inability to sell players. I've always thought that surely Ed or whoever is in charge of transfers must know what they're doing, surely they know more than us.
But now I realise they probably don't. Despite fairly solid news that we're looking to offload 4-5 players, Alexis is the only one we've sold so far. We can't even get rid of some of the better players, Smalling & Lingard.

I pretty sure we'll start seeing rumours of a DoF after the window has closed, fairly certain we won't get one regardless.

Am starting to think that i've got better things to do than watch our games for 1.5hrs when really, we're not aiming to achieve anything. It will be interesting to see who's our next sponsor given the current economic climate and our lack of success & direction. Maybe that will be a wake up call for the Glazers.

@ForeverRed1 completely agree that huge contracts is an issue, but that's part of the problem I have with Ed & co. lack of success = huge contracts to sign new or retain players = issues when selling. What have we done to overcome our lack of success? It won't happen overnight but am not seeing the direction from the club.

Last edited:

groovyalbert

it's a mute point

I mean that's all well and good if the board are so desperate to make it look like they've got a good deal.

But if Telles is our only signing left of the window, it won't matter if we only spent £5m on him. That would be a rubbish summer.

Get this done and get on with finding a quality RW/CB. You know, the positions we were in most need of sorting out in August.

ForeverRed1

What's more damning for me than players coming in, is the inability to sell players. I've always thought that surely Ed or whoever is in charge of transfers must know what they're doing, surely they know more than us.
But now I realise they probably don't. Despite fairly solid news that we're looking to offload 4-5 players, Alexis is the only one we've sold so far. We can't even get rid of some of the better players, Smalling & Lingard.

I pretty sure we'll start seeing rumours of a DoF after the window has closed, fairly certain we won't get one regardless.

Am starting to think that i've got better things to do than watch our games for 1.5hrs when really, we're not aiming to achieve anything. It will be interesting to see who's our next sponsor given the current economic climate and our lack of success & direction. Maybe that will be a wake up call for the Glazers.
average players on massive contracts is why we can’t sell them. The clubs at their level can’t afford to pay them.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Brooks is £15-20m player, that Bournemouth want to keep for their push back into the Premier League and are asking £50m for. Under is on loan with a view to a £23m permanent deal. I know what makes better business sense.

I'd take Brooks if he was signing for £15-20m, at that he is still a risky punt with regards to him missing development time through injury. Is he leaps and bounds a better squad option that Mata, Lingard and James...I don't think so. He is a sideward step. I'd like to think our scouts could scour the world and find as good an option for less than we would have to pay.

You're gonna end up disappointed, if that's what you are hoping for, mate. For what it's worth, I don't think Brooks will cost 50 million, 30-35 million will do the trick.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Amidst rumours yesterday that either Spurs or United could have gotten Sorloth, the player himself was spotted in Leipzig for his medical has completed his transfer to Leipzig.

Spurs were interested, but they arrived late into the party; Leipzig were already in advanced stages by the time Spurs attempted to negotiate for Sorloth.

EDIT: I replaced Trabzonspor's Tweet with a fancier one from RB Leipzig.

Last edited:

John Keiler

I think the response to the green and yellow protest by the fans shows how little they think of them.

cj_sparky

You're gonna end up disappointed, if that's what you are hoping for, mate. For what it's worth, I don't think Brooks will cost 50 million, 30-35 million will do the trick.
I don't hope or expect anything from United, we've been inept with transfers for far to long. £30-35m would sum up the ineptness and I'd be disappointed if he ends up at our club.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Why don't we just sign the cnut, rather than acting like a bunch of cnuts?
So that when we sign him, we can say that we signed him for a lower price than they wanted... That really is the level of pathetic cuntyness that Ed Woodward is at I think.

It's like me walking into Aldi, telling my wife that they want a tenner for the loaf of bread and saying "watch this". Walking over. Giving them the quid it actually costs and walk out with my bread in one arm, wife on the other, bragging about how cool I am.
I mean that's all well and good if the board are so desperate to make it look like they've got a good deal.

But if Telles is our only signing left of the window, it won't matter if we only spent £5m on him. That would be a rubbish summer.

Get this done and get on with finding a quality RW/CB. You know, the positions we were in most need of sorting out in August.
The Guardian and Record articles were published before Arthur Quezada published his report. What's interested is that Quezada confirms what Jamie Jackson pointed out about our fee. The reason why this is taking longer than expected is because of the intermediaries working on the transfer: Pini Zahavi (Telles' representative and my guess: representing us) and Jorge Mendes (my guess: representing Porto).

Remember the Koulibaly-to-City saga; that's been dragged on because the player's agent is representing 3 parties. Here, we have agents doing the work for the clubs with Pini Zahavi representing two parties (Telles and us) and Mendes representing Porto. Because of this, Quezada mentioned that Porto have yet to receive an offer from the club.

Source:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Duncan Castles is not reliable anymore isn't he not? Seems to bullshit regarding transfer for us anyway
I hope this is true. The only Sancho alternative I would be genuinely happy with. A massive risk with his injuries, but he's worth that risk and then some.

A loan with option to buy would be more than acceptable. And if successful, then we buy him. If we had any ambition about us, we'd be in for both him and Sancho, but well, yeah...
Poor Dunc always gets it wrong.
He's gotten it wrong again.

GwilDor

Amidst rumours yesterday that either Spurs or United could have gotten Sorloth, the player himself was spotted in Leipzig for his medical himself has completed his transfer to Leipzig.

Spurs were interested, but they arrived late into the party; Leipzig were already in advanced stages by the time Spurs attempted to negotiate for Sorloth.
it has been confirmed by the management at RB aswell, says he will be unveiled tomorrow at noon.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Amidst reports that Bartomeu was attempting to block Luis Suarez from joining Atletico Madrid, both he and Suarez will meet up together to resolve this matter.

Translation:
This afternoon, a meeting is scheduled between Bartomeu and Luis Suárez to unlock the signing of the forward to Atlético, who continues to be optimistic.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Luca Pellegrini joins Genoa on loan. He had a good loan spell last season with Cagliari, so he's one to keep an eye out for.

Hansa

The Guardian and Record articles were published before Arthur Quezada published his report. What's interested is that Quezada confirms what Jamie Jackson pointed out about our fee. The reason why this is taking longer than expected is because of the intermediaries working on the transfer: Pini Zahavi (Telles' representative and my guess: representing us) and Jorge Mendes (my guess: representing Porto).

Remember the Koulibaly-to-City saga; that's been dragged on because the player's agent is representing 3 parties. Here, we have agents doing the work for the clubs with Pini Zahavi representing two parties (Telles and us) and Mendes representing Porto. Because of this, Quezada mentioned that Porto have yet to receive an offer from the club.
I wonder, what is so complicated in today's deals, where it becomes almost impossible for the administration of two clubs to sit down and work out a deal? Agents seem to be the equivalent of someone thrashing a place in the middle of the night, then phoning up the next morning to offer an expensive clean-up service. I seriously dislike the way huge sums of money are channelled out of the game, paid for by you and me.

Rob67

Haha. Spot on Sewey. Was thinking the same.

sparx99

He really isnt.
Ok, he definitely has been at a much higher level than Dan James. Scored quite a few nice goals from distance. FA cup winning goal. Played for England at major championships. I’m not saying he was ever brilliant or whatever but it’s clear the last year he has even fallen off from being adequate as a squad player. His personal life may have been the cause or maybe he just hasn’t worked as hard but he has clearly been better than Dan James ever has.

Dan James is a championship winger with 3 good games in the PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.