Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiber

Roma are still keen on Dalot on loan; Fosu-Mensah seems to be their backup option.
They are trying to be cheap (almost as cheap as United) with Smalling and also want to add in another quality player? Bold

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Good idea but we won’t have any players left if we keep loaning or selling them out. Unless we are getting that right winger
We have a better chance of getting that winger the more money we have available I suspect.

No Love

Roma are still keen on Dalot on loan; Fosu-Mensah seems to be their backup option.
Maybe I’m reading too much into the terminology, but wouldn’t it be more straightforward to negotiate the two deals separately? The clubs have been haggling over Smalling for months now. Wrap that deal up, then discuss Dalot/Fosu-Mensah, if they so desire. Unless they’re thinking they can take two players for the rumoured fee for Smalling, in which case they can feck off.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Maybe I’m reading too much into the terminology, but wouldn’t it be more straightforward to negotiate the two deals separately? The clubs have been haggling over Smalling for months now. Wrap that deal up, then discuss Dalot/Fosu-Mensah, if they so desire. Unless they’re thinking they can take two players for the rumoured fee for Smalling, in which case they can feck off.
From my observations, Roma are probably wanting one of our right backs on loan as part of the package in order to not pay as much for Smalling. The loan fee will most likely be included in the price for Smalling.

No Love

From my observations, Roma are probably wanting one of our right backs on loan as part of the package in order to not pay as much for Smalling. The loan fee will most likely be included in the price for Smalling.
It does make sense. Perhaps that’s why yesterday’s negotiations are believed to have gone well. Conceivable Utd are going to get close to their asking price for Smalling and remove Dalot’s/Timbo’s wages for the season, in one fell swoop. For what it’s worth, it may be preferable if they take Fosu-Mensah, as Dalot appears to have other suitors who may yet move for him. Trimming both would be welcome, IMO.

Red00012

Still no Lingard news our outgoing has been as bad as our supposed incomings

gajender

It does make sense. Perhaps that’s why yesterday’s negotiations are believed to have gone well. Conceivable Utd are going to get close to their asking price for Smalling and remove Dalot’s/Timbo’s wages for the season, in one fell swoop. For what it’s worth, it may be preferable if they take Fosu-Mensah, as Dalot appears to have other suitors who may yet move for him. Trimming both would be welcome, IMO.
Fosu-Mensah contract expires in 2021 so it's better to sell him for whatever little we can get for him no point in loaning him.

No Love

Fosu-Mensah contract expires in 2021 so it's better to sell him for whatever little we can get for him no point in loaning him.
You’re right, I had forgotten that. Good point. Any fee for him is welcome, given the circumstances.

sparx99

I guess we can afford to lose both Dalot and Fosu-Mensah with AWB, Laird and Williams able to cover right back.

Then Shaw, Williams and hopefully Telles at left back.

Robbie Boy

Disclaimer: I haven't watched many Sampdoria matches last season. I think I watched ~6-10 matches.

From what I've seen, he hasn't really started for Ranieri after the Serie A restart. He was left on the bench on several occasions, and he'd only come on as a sub to either see matches off or go for a winner. He'd typically play a box-to-box midfield role where he'd cover lots of ground and drive the team forward on the ball. However, he wasn't reliable enough on the ball and would misplace his passes on key moments. As a result, Ranieri would put him in a more attacking role where he wouldn't be as much of a liability for Sampdoria. They did miss his directness and energy, though.

Overall, he was average at best, but I'd say that it has more to do with Ranieri and his safe setups than with the player himself.
Cheers, I appreciate the analysis.

I had actually forgotten about him until I saw him come on for Sampdoria last season in a match against Inter. I was wondering how he was doing.

He looked a real talent in the Championship and a move to Sampdoria seemed very random, but fair play to him giving another league a shot at such a young age.

gajender

I guess we can afford to lose both Dalot and Fosu-Mensah with AWB, Laird and Williams able to cover right back.

Then Shaw, Williams and hopefully Telles at left back.
Absolutely we should cut our losses with Dalot while he has some value, if we can get the cover at LB it would allow Williams to compete with Wan-Bissaka and then we can also send Laird at Loan to gain some experience.

Woodzy

Romano is probably a little less reliable atm than he has been in the past but do feel some of the stick he’s getting atm is a bit much.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Looks like the medical results broke down the deal. I guess this is more like Fekir to Liverpool.
If this is true then the Oracle is leading the way once again and deserves credit for his reliability.

Varun1

Regarding the Cuisance transfer, wasn't there a report that he clashed with Lewandowski, which may have forced the moved? Apparently he had done the same at his previous club, prior to moving to Bayern.
Will be interesting to see how this pans out. Bayern will probably try to loan him out before the window closes.

The Pellistri links, does it mean we've not getting Amad Traore or are we going for both players?

And lastly, anyone heard mroe about the Jean Kevin Augustin case? Are RBL taking Leeds to court?

Also, a lot more loan deals this window it seems.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Regarding the Cuisance transfer, wasn't there a report that he clashed with Lewandowski, which may have forced the moved? Apparently he had done the same at his previous club, prior to moving to Bayern.
Will be interesting to see how this pans out. Bayern will probably try to loan him out before the window closes.

The Pellistri links, does it mean we've not getting Amad Traore or are we going for both players?

And lastly, anyone heard mroe about the Jean Kevin Augustin case? Are RBL taking Leeds to court?

Also, a lot more loan deals this window it seems.
Regarding Pellistri and Amad Traore, we're looking for young, talented right wingers as we have no one coming through from our underage teams at the moment other than Chong (who's out on loan now). We've been monitoring both of their situations for a while. With Pellistri, since Lyon were getting close to sealing the deal, we submitted a more friendly offer to Penarol in hopes of gazumping Lyon.

On Augustin's case, there haven't been any updates yet. As of now, all we know is that Leipzig will eventually take legal action against Leeds.

Blood Mage

Levy is really backing Mourinho, which will make Mourinho's eventual implosion even funnier.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The only winner from this window is @Nou_Camp99 for calling out Fabrizio it seems.
I'm not even taking credit for it. Plenty of others were saying same thing as I was.

He's a fraud. Takes credit for other journalists work and tweets 'here we go' when he didn't even get the scoop and makes up the rest.

I feel sorry for anyone who falls for his nonsense. He's got loads wrong regarding the PL and he's been all over the place on United.

And the funny thing he and his boss Di Marzio aren't even consistent between the two of them. One saying we are in talks for Jovic and the other saying we're not even interested. Covering all bases as usual.

Varun1

Regarding Pellistri and Amad Traore, we're looking for young, talented right wingers as we have no one coming through from our underage teams at the moment other than Chong (who's out on loan now). We've been monitoring both of their situations for a while. With Pellistri, since Lyon were getting close to sealing the deal, we submitted a more friendly offer to Penarol in hopes of gazumping Lyon.

On Augustin's case, there haven't been any updates yet. As of now, all we know is that Leipzig will eventually take legal action against Leeds.
Thanks mazhar13, am keeping an eye on the JKA case. Hoping RBL take legal action and win the case.

Have you heard any more about that young French CB that we were linked to? Not Badiashile, the 16 year old. Apparently the other club didn't want to sell.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Thanks mazhar13, am keeping an eye on the JKA case. Hoping RBL take legal action and win the case.

Have you heard any more about that young French CB that we were linked to? Not Badiashile, the 16 year old. Apparently the other club didn't want to sell.
I don't follow our underage teams' activities as closely as some of the others do. Maybe one of @jb8521 or @oskarutd would know more.

Status
Not open for further replies.