Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
We qualify for the CL (26th july);
Laurel and Hardy (Ed and Judge) spread player names to the media like wildfire;
They try to show they're dealing with a number of clubs, players and agents;
They buy one player to keep fans happy for a while;
Dealings with several players, clubs and agents start to falter one by one;
Transfer Deadline comes along and Laurel and Hardy say they tried but Clubs, agents and players were asking too much or else, etc .......etc .......etc.
We play shite football with the squad available and try to get into the first four places;
If things start to go downhill then sack the Manager;
Get another manager;
Start again from the top when the next transfer window comes along.
Round and round the mulberry bush!!

RORY65

I don’t think it’s a briefing - they’re just going from Ole’s comments after Seville compared with today and the fact we’ve currently done naff all in the Window and putting two and two together.
Agreed, plus the fact that it was obvious in that Sevilla game and others that Solskjaer has no faith in his squad players yet is now saying we have depth with a couple of days left to bring players in (from abroad).

Woodenlung

Not everything is a briefing guys. These journalists wouldn't have gotten to the positions they're in without at least a little but of cop on. They're reported enough on United to know when things have gone pear shaped in the transfer market, like they obviously have now.

Eplel

Ole is making his bed by not speaking out about the situation.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Feck off Ole. It’s time someone took a stand against the club and what better guy to do it? He’s nothing to lose because he’ll be sacked within a year anyway with this squad.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
So Ole has backed the squad (and still said something might happen) and the press have ran a piece saying IF we don't sign anyone, Ole has been let down.

That somehow means we're done?

:lol: feck this place.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Feck off Ole. It’s time someone took a stand against the club and what better guy to do it? He’s nothing to lose because he’ll be sacked within a year anyway with this squad.
What do you expect from him? How is he at fault for not being backed?

Ole90+3

Ole is making his bed by not speaking out about the situation.
Worried about side tracking this thread but wanted to reply to this:

It's a tricky one. If he speaks out it will end the same way as Mourinho. Basically saying the squad isn't good enough and need upgrades in order to compete. But then on the other hand, it's never going to change if the manager acts like the puppet and keeps going along with the lack of investment. Honestly I would love for Ole to speak out against the board, perhaps it would actually kick on a real strong anti-glazer scheme which could potentially be backed by those in authoritative positions once Ole inevitably gets the sack. i.e. mates of the manager (former players).

BluesJr

What do you expect from him? How is he at fault for not being backed?
How about actually saying something about it as opposed to bullshit like “I’ve got a strong squad.”

Yes he did say he gave his opinion to the club that they need reinforcements but it isn’t far enough. If this club is ever going to change we need people within it calling out the awful structure and bad ownership. That’s what’s needed.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
How about actually saying something about it as opposed to bullshit like “I’ve got a strong squad.”

Yes he did say he gave his opinion to the club that they need reinforcements but it isn’t far enough. If this club is ever going to change we need people within it calling out the awful structure and bad ownership. That’s what’s needed.
I'm sure the current crop of players would react amazingly well to their manager coming out and saying "this squad isn't good enough".

I'm also sure that the owners and the board would then spring into action and sign all the players.

We all know recruitment isn't good enough. But you're being ridiculous in criticising Ole for effectively trying to work with what he's got.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins

Although I'm sure Ole would have the fan backing if he went against the board and ownership publicly, even Ferguson didn't do it.

lilcurt

Worried about side tracking this thread but wanted to reply to this:

It's a tricky one. If he speaks out it will end the same way as Mourinho. Basically saying the squad isn't good enough and need upgrades in order to compete. But then on the other hand, it's never going to change if the manager acts like the puppet and keeps going along with the lack of investment. Honestly I would love for Ole to speak out against the board, perhaps it would actually kick on a real strong anti-glazer scheme which could potentially be backed by those in authoritative positions once Ole inevitable gets the sack. i.e. mates of the manager (former players).
Big difference with Jose and Old though. When Jose did it, many were already very anti him and his style of football, signings he was trying to make. With Ole, he is a club legend who everyone has time for (even if they don't rate him). Ole speaking out would put the board in a really hard position as sacking him would just make that 10 fold worse.

Problem with Ole is he is just too grateful to have the job. At the point he has earned it and he needs to demand more from those above him.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
So according to Ole we have a strong squad!

Even if we were to get Sancho we would not have a strong squad because defence is the foundation of a strong squad and we don't have this defence yet.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
The CAF never ceases to suprise me.

Saying the squad isn’t good enough, in public, will do nothing more than turn the players he does have (even the good ones) against him.

You say you have a good squad in public and to your own players

Behind closed doors with your CEO that the squad is shite.

Some cr*p man manager you’ll be

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
So according to Ole we have a strong squad!

Even if we were to get Sancho we would not have a strong squad because defence is the foundation of a strong squad and we don't have this defence yet.
He can't exactly say we have a sh!t squad in public can he? Honestly.....

BluesJr

The CAF never ceases to suprise me.

Saying the squad isn’t good enough, in public, will do nothing more than turn the players he does have (even the good ones) against him.

You say you have a good squad in public and to your own players

Behind closed doors with your CEO that the squad is shite.

Some cr*p man manager you’ll be
The players themselves will know they need more to compete.

You do realise players want to win things right? Do you think they’ll be happy with the window?

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
For all you wishing he spoke out in public...funny how things can be spun eh?

This is what I call a political power move, saying things which put pressure on someone without explicitly saying it to keep the harmonious environment

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
The players themselves will know they need more to compete.

You do realise players want to win things right? Do you think they’ll be happy with the window?
Of course they do but they don’t expect to be told in public that their own manager thinks their shite.

El-Manos

For all you wishing he spoke out in public...funny how things can be spun eh?

This is what I call a political power move, saying things which put pressure on someone without explicitly saying it to keep the harmonious environment

I’m glad it’s nearly over. It’s been such a disappointment.

cyberman

Of course they do but they don’t expect to be told in public that their own manager thinks their shite.
This. We cannot be throwing the players under the bus in case we don't sign anybody. That needs to be apparent going into the tough few games coming up.

Tiber

The club failed Ole big time. Wanted Haland, they gave him Ighalo on loan. Wanted Sancho, they gave him...nobody so far, might give him a loan for an always injured winger from Barca, who has probloms on and off the field and who doesn't really want to sign for us.

romufc

The club failed Ole big time. Wanted Haland, they gave him Ighalo on loan. Wanted Sancho, they gave him...nobody so far, might give him a loan for an always injured winger from Barca, who has probloms on and off the field and who doesn't really want to sign for us.
Don't forget they he wanted Bruno in the summer and they gave him nobody.

Literally what is the point signing a player who will spend 7 out of 8 months injured? Money and wages well spent?

Status
Not open for further replies.