Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
The hate for James from some of you lot is mind boggling. He's a good player, can be devastating on his day. His confidence has taken a knock. He looked great for Wales in the last set of internationals in an environment where he feels maybe less under the spotlight. I thought he made a great start last season. That was the ruination of him. Since then, Pigba gets an easier ride. He's a kid up from the championship who needs time. Is he ultimately going to be good enough for us? Probably not. No need for the bile though.
Totally agree. 1st season in Pl, his dad passed away, he’s shunted to a position which he doesn’t play, has a break in play for COVID and still has our most assists. Early in the season he was getting high praise.

united fans are the worst, fickle and impatient.

for the sake of his career I hope he moves to a team that appreciates him because he can tear teams apart on his day when used on the left.

if he stays he’s certainly far from “the poorest player I can remember in our history” or “he’s a championship player”. Absolute bs

golden_blunder

Staff
He had 6, same as Martial. Bruno & Rashford both had more.
Well there you go he’s in good company
33 games (7 as sub), 3 goals and 6 assists. It’s not bad considering, doesn’t deserve the bile he’s getting from some united fans. We all want better quality on the right flank but that’s not his problem

dev1l

The hate for James from some of you lot is mind boggling. He's a good player, can be devastating on his day. His confidence has taken a knock. He looked great for Wales in the last set of internationals in an environment where he feels maybe less under the spotlight. I thought he made a great start last season. That was the ruination of him. Since then, Pigba gets an easier ride. He's a kid up from the championship who needs time. Is he ultimately going to be good enough for us? Probably not. No need for the bile though.
Agreed. Place is full of clueless posters.

I think it all started when some dimwit over here invented the senseless brexit fc theory. The narrative put forward was that James was only signed cause he was British.

Eventually the same dimwits like @Schmeichel cartwheel stopped the brexit shit and turned their guns against British players who went through bad patches like Maguire, AWB , McTominay and James.

With fans like these who needs enemies..

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Well there you go he’s in good company
33 games (7 as sub), 3 goals and 6 assists. It’s not bad considering, doesn’t deserve the bile he’s getting from some united fans. We all want better quality on the right flank but that’s not his problem
Feel sorry for him. Unless we sign a RW doubt he will ever get much of a chance in his correct position. That is why in hindsight I suggested Leeds might have been the best option, not because they were in The Championship but that presumably the fact they were scouting him they realised he is a left sided player. The pressure of playing for Manchester United is immense and for a player who was going through different issues he needed all the help he could get. Not just an arm round him, but playing him where they could get the best out of him.

Varun1

It seems like Roma wanted the initial loan fee to be considered as part of the transfer fee so that we lower the amount we're now asking.
I don't have an opinion on this specific point but would be interested to know what others think of it.

Does anyone else think that Dele Alli looks different all of a sudden? I've got this picture of a young lad in my mind, looking at him now he looks older all of a sudden.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Totally agree. 1st season in Pl, his dad passed away, he’s shunted to a position which he doesn’t play, has a break in play for COVID and still has our most assists. Early in the season he was getting high praise.

for the sake of his career I hope he moves to a team that appreciates him because he can tear teams apart on his day when used on the left.

if he stays he’s certainly far from “the poorest player I can remember in our history” or “he’s a championship player”. Absolute bs
Hyperbole is sadly prevalent on here with our players we're moving on. If he does well, people will probably be complaining soon why we sold him. Likewise with Dalot and Phil Jones probably couldn't cut it in the Bostick league.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Deus ex machina to save Woodward’s window!
Or... final hammer from diabolical geniuses at Leeds who rip our heart out by reneging on the deal at the last minute knowing it'll completely feck us over?

I don't like this movie!

It's a trap!

golden_blunder

Staff
Feel sorry for him. Unless we sign a RW doubt he will ever get much of a chance in his correct position. That is why in hindsight I suggested Leeds might have been the best option, not because they were in The Championship but that presumably the fact they were scouting him they realised he is a left sided player. The pressure of playing for Manchester United is immense and for a player who was going through different issues he needed all the help he could get. Not just an arm round him, but playing him where they could get the best out of him.
Agreed, I feel sorry for him. By all accounts a nice lad, very professional and a good learner. But Ole has done him no favours putting him in the RW, a position with intense scrutiny from supporters because it’s been neglected for years. First season, his dad passed away & COVID interruption. I like Ole and I know he’s got limited options for the right but he’s destroyed the lads confidence before he’s really showed what he can do

Red Swede

While I agree just sell him we are not a charity. Smalling has been paid a sht load and given all the opportunities at a great club. We dont owe him anything. He owes us - he has a contract. And we also dont owe Roma sht. He was CB of the season in Italy. Great player for them. 20 mill euros is a steal. They offered 10. Thats a piss take. Why are they haggling over 5 mill? Just pay it. Why are we always the bad guys. Just keep him for 15 million euros. I dont care he doesnt want to be a reserve and he wants to live in Rome with his family and eat gelato. Get the frig on the bench and sht up. You are under contract.
He has a contract but we don’t want him, so what’s the point of keeping him then. Roma paid 3 million euros for the loan last season, and if it’s true they‘ve put in an offer for around 15 million euros that’s 18 million in total and we’re holding out for 20...Pointless, if we don’t want him just let him go.

I strongly disagree that we should just “put him in the bench and make him sht up”. Why would we want to be a club that treat our players like that. I’m all for club power over player power but in this case, when WE don’t want a player that’s been here for 10 years I think it’s stinks If we can’t make this deal with Roma. I also think Smalling was bought for 7-8 million Euros or something like that, so it’s not like we’re losing money on the deal.

If Ed and his negotiatingteam has problems closing that kind of deal I understand that there is problems with literally every deal we’re involved in. Which seem to be the case. You can’t just look at the numbers all the time, you also got to look at the situation overall and what kind of club we want to be.

United is becoming a laughing stock and why do we seem to have this much trouble buying AND selling players? The clubs image is really fallen to a new low. Sir Alex and Sir Matt Busby was not only great managers that got respected for their skills worldwide, they also got tons of respect for how they, and the people that helped them, were running the club. Players always wanted to come here and the ones that put in many years always got to leave on a good note, for the most part...We’re unfortunately heading further and further away from that. I realize that football has changed a lot and is more big business now than ever. But if we are a club that has no problem ruining the last couple of career years of a player that‘s been with us for ten years , I think we‘ve lost a bit of our heart and soul.

Reactions: Sultan

golden_blunder

Staff
Hyperbole is sadly prevalent on here with our players we're moving on. If he does well, people will probably be complaining soon why we sold him. Likewise with Dalot and Phil Jones probably couldn't cut it in the Bostick league.
Very true. It’s tiring

K Stand Knut

Agreed, I feel sorry for him. By all accounts a nice lad, very professional and a good learner. But Ole has done him no favours putting him in the RW, a position with intense scrutiny from supporters because it’s been neglected for years. First season, his dad passed away & COVID interruption. I like Ole and I know he’s got limited options for the right but he’s destroyed the lads confidence before he’s really showed what he can do
Using his Dad dying as an ‘excuse’ is not a good look at all

His Dad passed away before he joined United. It wasn’t used as a reason for his good form at the start of the season. It shouldn’t be used as a reason for a slump in form now either.

Superden

His Dad passed away before he joined United. It wasn’t used as a reason for his good form at the start of the season. It shouldn’t be used as a reason for a slump in form now either.
Im sorry but thats a crock of shit.

Of course loosing his dad is gonna affect his wellbeing and mental health, especially in times when things arent going well.

Whether its aimed at players or journalists, i do find the level of hatred and animosity directed towards them for doing things that arent illegal / immoral somewhat depressing.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Right, so you only get affected by death immediately and never when things are tough and you’re in new surroundings and need that person more than you did before?

Reactions: Fortitude

K Stand Knut

Im sorry but thats a crock of shit.

Of course loosing his dad is gonna affect his wellbeing and mental health, especially in times when things arent going well.

Whether its aimed at players or journalists, i do find the level of hatred and animosity directed towards them for doing things that arent illegal / immoral somewhat depressing.
I am not directing any hatred or animosity towards him in anyway. I personally think it would be a travesty if we let him go permanently. I’d be disappointed if he wasn’t here at all this season.

I just think saying his poor form is down to his Dad dying in his first season at the club is wrong.

1. His Dad died before he even signed for us.
2. He started the season playing well.

yes a family member dying is extremely sad and will affect people but DJ is just a player out of form and seemingly a drop in confidence having been mismanaged in the last few months.

Finding excuses outside of that is a crock of shit IMO

K Stand Knut

Right, so you only get affected by death immediately and never when things are tough and you’re in new surroundings and need that person more than you did before?
Don’t be such a dick.

The message I initially replied to was wrong (Dad didn’t die in his first season). I’m not saying it doesn’t affect people at different times but people are too quick to try and find new/any excuse for things.

He’s a mismanaged player out of form, low on confidence and being asked to play out of position.

Shipping him would be fecking stupid

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I am not directing any hatred or animosity towards him in anyway. I personally think it would be a travesty if we let him go permanently. I’d be disappointed if he wasn’t here at all this season.

I just think saying his poor form is down to his Dad dying in his first season at the club is wrong.

1. His Dad died before he even signed for us.
2. He started the season playing well.

yes a family member dying is extremely sad and will affect people but DJ is just a player out of form and seemingly a drop in confidence having been mismanaged in the last few months.

Finding excuses outside of that is a crock of shit IMO
There’s no way that you can spin this to make it ok, disgusting take

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.

Yeah, a dad dying doesn't impact you at all.

You're a complete and total fecking idiot.

Your post is equal parts vile and embarrassing. You should feel bad.

Acole9

Outstanding

Always makes me laugh all the "He's Championship quality" guff. I saw one the other day about our subs bench being Championship level. Some folk have no clue at all, they clearly never watch any football other than the Premier League.

dinostar77

I hope Daniel James goes on loan to Leeds. Will do his confidence the world of good playing week in and week out. Also the education he will get under Biesla will be priceless. Not every player in the squad needs to become a superstar, you need a blend. If he can become a consistant attacking threat then he has a long term future at Utd.

Not one i would like to see leave on a permanent deal.

Reactions: Jippy

Zoo

I hope Daniel James goes on loan to Leeds. Will do his confidence the world of good playing week in and week out. Also the education he will get under Biesla will be priceless. Not every player in the squad needs to become a superstar, you need a blend. If he can become a consistant attacking threat then he has a long term future at Utd.

Not one i would like to see leave on a permanent deal.
Totally agree

golden_blunder

Staff

I don’t agree at all, grief comes and goes differently for everyone. Perhaps he was running on adrenaline early season. It’s a bit sucky to dismiss such circumstances

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
where the feck did I say it doesn’t affect you at all????? Don’t be a moron.
It's honestly one of the worst takes I have ever seen on this site - and lots of people here were fighting for signing Kanoute over Rooney.

Recovering from a parent dying isn't a linear thing. The suggestion that "its not an excuse at the start of the season, so it shouldnt be after" is complete, and totally, idiotic.

Stop digging a hole and accept that what you've said above is vile and stupid, as many posters have correctly asserted to you already.

Anyway, moving on from that car crash of a take:

AsonUnique

This situation regarding Chris Smalling is the perfect example of the club we’ve become.

The guy has been here for ten seasons. By no stretch of the imagination is he a club legenden but no one can deny that he’s been a great servant, giving his all for the club.

Now WE, the club, not him, has decided he’s not wanted any more. He secures a move to Roma, does well, his family likes it there, everything is prefect. All he wants now is to play out the last couple of years he has left of his career at Roma. What do we do....make it f-ing impossible for him and his family by haggling over a fee. I can’t even imagine how Chris feels. Jesus Christ....we don’t want him so just let him go.

Look at all other clubs. Barcelona said they didn’t want a few players that’s been there for multiple years anymore, found them new clubs and let them leave pretty much for free. No problem. The club doesn’t respect the players Anymore, it’s all numbers now with these a-holes. During the Sir Alex/ Gills period this would’ve been done a long time ago and Chris, his wife and little baby would be in Rome now, happy and feeling good after the clubs respectful treatment of the situation and payback after giving ten flipping years of hard work for Manchester United.

Rant over...
I agree with this and think we should let him go. But I also understand the other side of the argument, we usually struggle to get a decent fee for our squad players, mostly due to wages, but this is different. Smalling has been a good player, doesn't quite fit how we want to play but had a bit of a resurgence last year and was one of the top defenders in Seria A. We have to find a middle ground of respecting the player and not getting fleeced.

On the positive it is a loan that actually worked. I hope Andreas and Dalot's loans help boost their value a bit so we can offload them next summer for more than we would have gotten this summer.

reddev3

people moan when Liverpool sell their "deadwood" for decent prices and then want turn down 25 million for Dan James which exactly the reason why we can't.

James is of a similar level and profile to Solanke, Wilson, Brewster, Ibe but the difference is they will sell them while they're young and have value as they know they will never be first team material where as we hold on to them for years until all the potential has gone and nobody wants them.

James is pretty s**t by top four standards and we should be looking to get rid at a decent price asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.