Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wittmann45

News: Antonio Rudiger rejects a contract extension from Chelsea.
Interesting. Part of the Dembele rumours is that the deal to United fell through because he refused to sign a one year contract extension.

Anyone know how often loan deals are dependent on the player signing one year extensions? I can't say I ever really linked the two (loan and contract extension) but there are two deals in one day that fell through for the same reason. Is this a coincidence or is it common for a loan to be contingent on a player signing an extension?

prateik

Nah. don't see Jesse leaving.. Rojo maybe..

We gave them Nani on loan and money for Rojo.. seriously.. what the feck.
Our last competent right winger..

We wont get any RW as long as Rojo is at the club.. its gotta be some curse.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Seems a bit of a pointless loan as he'll be playing at LB. Would have thought they would have wanted to find a club which would play him at CB, but with his height and them looking for a club for 5+ weeks, I'm guessing there were no takers.

Rolaholic

Liverpool and Bayern Munich are now seen as likelier destinations for Borussia Dortmund’s Jadon Sancho next summer after Manchester United's failure to secure his signing, according to figures close to the England forward

While the 21-year-old was more than willing to go to Old Trafford in this summer’s window, there is a calmness in the player’s camp about his future, and they are now willing to re-assess options
How fitting would it be for those self-important twats to bend over and sell him to their Bavarian big brother next summer...

prateik

Many feel.. sure.. Liverpool cant afford him. They couldnt afford the Norwich LB .
They have paid very little up front for the signings they made. they arent paying Dortmund what they want.

redshaw

Interesting. Part of the Dembele rumours is that the deal to United fell through because he refused to sign a one year contract extension.

Anyone know how often loan deals are dependent on the player signing one year extensions? I can't say I ever really linked the two (loan and contract extension) but there are two deals in one day that fell through for the same reason. Is this a coincidence or is it common for a loan to be contingent on a player signing an extension?
You hear often long before the loan is set up a new contract is done and then goes out on loan, particular young players like our Henderson. Most times the player has a long contract anyway or the club is just looking to get rid at low cost so no need to extend. With Dembele they spent over a 100 million and want to recoup as much as possible, if they just loaned him out without extending he'd just have one year left after the loan period and Barca are then in a very weak position should United or anyone want to buy after impressing on loan.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

How fitting would it be for those self-important that's to bend over and sell him to their Bavarian big brother next summer...
It'd be funny but if Miguel Delaney told me the sky is blue I'd have to double check. I think he's genuinely less reliable than Indykalia.

stevoc

How fitting would it be for those self-important twats to bend over and sell him to their Bavarian big brother next summer...
Sancho wants to leave Dortmund to live in England again so he might sign for Bayern?

Quality journalism from Delaney as always.

Nickosaur

My biggest fear was him ending up at Chelsea or Liverpool. fecking hell that would be torture.

Infra-red

My biggest fear was him ending up at Chelsea or Liverpool. fecking hell that would be torture.
I doubt we'll be back in for him - seems like bridges have been burned after two failed pursuits and I'm not particularly optimistic that we'll have CL football to offer next season, which would rule us out in any case.

If he still wants to come to England, one of City/Chelsea/Liverpool will probably take him up on it (my money would be on Chelsea).

romufc

Many feel.. sure.. Liverpool cant afford him. They couldnt afford the Norwich LB .
They have paid very little up front for the signings they made. they arent paying Dortmund what they want.
Unless they sell Mane or Salah, they are not in for him.

Both look in frightening form, why would they sell?

If they sold, Dortmund will know how much money Liverpool have so they wont budge. Sancho's agent will still want the fee, Sancho will still want those wages.

This is not a cheap deal.

Varun1

there is a calmness in the player’s camp about his future, and they are now willing to re-assess options ... Yet we're seeing briefs the day after the transfer window has closed. Personally, I didn't want Sancho anyway, so am glad it didn't happen. Just wish we had done better business though.

Why am I seeing messages of Rojo leaving on here? Has something come up?

Last edited:

prateik

Only way he'll be going to Liverpool is if they sell Salah or Mane.
Salah and Mane will be 29 before next season starts..
Do you think anyone is making a mega bid for either in this financial climate? Madrid are the only ones who probably could.. and I think they are saving up for Mbappe. PSG wont be interested .. they have toned down their crazy spending for now.

sparx99

Unless they sell Mane or Salah, they are not in for him.

Both look in frightening form, why would they sell?

If they sold, Dortmund will know how much money Liverpool have so they wont budge. Sancho's agent will still want the fee, Sancho will still want those wages.

This is not a cheap deal.
There are going to be a lot of broke clubs next summer. Dortmund may be one of them but if not there are going to be some seriously good players for sale at firesale prices.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
They could if the sell Salah/Mane for an obscene amount of money. Unlikely to happen but you never know, Klopp might want a refresh and one of them might want a new challenge.

Edit - I see people have already said this, ignore me.

gajender

Only way he'll be going to Liverpool is if they sell Salah or Mane.

I think this window was the last opportunity for Liverpool to sell Salah and Mane for big money , I can't see see many teams willing to spend big bucks on them considering both would be 29 before the start of next season despite their obvious quality.

romufc

There are going to be a lot of broke clubs next summer. Dortmund may be one of them but if not there are going to be some seriously good players for sale at firesale prices.
Does that mean we can take advantage? considering we spent nothing this summer? Surely we have saved money this summer?

Sanchez £50m
Smalling fee & wages
Perreira wages
Dalot wages

Rojo will leave
hopefully others leave getting us £20/30m
Sell Pogba? £60m?

We could be in a position where we can spend money next summer purely from sales?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Salah and Mane will be 29 before next season starts..
Do you think anyone is making a mega bid for either in this financial climate? Madrid are the only ones who probably could.. and I think they are saving up for Mbappe. PSG wont be interested .. they have toned down their crazy spending for now.
I think this window was the last opportunity for Liverpool to sell Salah and Mane for big money , I can't see see many teams willing to spend big bucks on them considering both would be 29 before the start of next season despite their obvious quality.
I agree with you both. Just saying they won't get Sancho without selling one of the big two. Like you say, prateik, Madrid are saving up for Mbappe so I'd rule them out.

However, with it being the Barcelona Presidential elections next year and Messi probably leaving, I can see them splashing out on Mane, but they would likely need to sell Griezmann/Coutinho first if they're able to.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Official: Jean-Kevin Augustin signs for Nantes after terminating his contract with RB Leipzig. He signs a 2-year contract until 2022.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Delaney has to be the worst out there bar the obvious fake accounts and ITK’s

Mr. Ant

Send Lingard on loan then go and get either Buendia or Benrahma before end of domestic window. This Uruguayan kid will not be ready for a bit and we need better off the bench.
We are not signing anyone else since we can't register them for Champions League.

I would gladly welcome someone like Benrahma but we are done in this window imo, we might still sell someone though.

croadyman

We are not signing anyone else since we can't register them for Champions League.

I would gladly welcome someone like Benrahma but we are done in this window imo, we might still sell someone though.
We can just use Mason in the Champions League but would give us something different in the league and FA Cup too.

Status
Not open for further replies.