Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giggsyking

How fitting would it be for those self-important twats to bend over and sell him to their Bavarian big brother next summer...
Cant even make a believable rumor? How is he coming back to England and playing in Munich go together.

No Love

I still find myself looking for this thread out of pure habit. I guess the big question now is: What do we do with @mazhar13 ? Do we just put him in the attic and let him collect dust until we need him again next year? I jest, of course. Thanks for all the updates, man.

In all seriousness, hell of a ride this year and thanks for all the dedicated posters who kept us informed throughout. Not quite the outcome many of use wanted, but that’s a whole different discussion for another time. You never know, maybe we’ll have more news in relation to the Championship window, but it does feel like it’s a wrap, for now.

croadyman

They just had Moose on Talksport and he mentioned that Chelsea didn't follow up interest in Benrahma as felt they weren't sure he had the temperament to play in the premier league

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I still find myself looking for this thread out of pure habit. I guess the big question now is: What do we do with @mazhar13 ? Do we just put him in the attic and let him collect dust until we need him again next year? I jest, of course. Thanks for all the updates, man.

In all seriousness, hell of a ride this year and thanks for all the dedicated posters who kept us informed throughout. Not quite the outcome many of use wanted, but that’s a whole different discussion for another time. You never know, maybe we’ll have more news in relation to the Championship window, but it does feel like it’s a wrap, for now.
As you shall soon see, I'll still be posting updates as they come along. :)

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

DarkDog

i wrote on 10th of August that Sancho deal is unlikely. My reasoning was based on how and when have Glazers spent the money.
2013/14 season Moyes hired Club spent 27,5 million pounds. We already had secured CL under Sir Alex, club chased sponsors whole summer. Net spend 27,5 million pounds. In January when we were 7th in the league Glazers spent 37,1 million pounds on Juan Mata to try and make the Champions league
2014/15 season LvG was hired Club spent 153,5 million pounds. We finished 7th last year under Moyes, Glazers wanted back to Champions League because of Adidas and Chevrolet deals which meant that club would earn roughly 30% less from sponsors if we were not in Champions league. Net spend 107,5 million pounds.
2015/16 season LvG got us back to CL. Club spent 105 million pounds on new players but sold 94 million pounds worth of players. Net spend 11 million pounds. We had already secured Champions League football so time to enjoy the fruits.
2016/17 season Mourinho hired to get us back to Champions league. We spent 146 million pounds and sold 46 million pounds worth of players. Net spend 100 million pounds. Mourinho finished 6th so our squad wasn't up to the level of other teams in the league but he won us the golden ticket to Champions League via Europa League.
2017/18 season. Club spent 146 million pounds on players and only made 10 million pounds on player sales. Net spend 136 million pounds. Only time that we spend when we were in Champions league. And we saw the results instantly. We were riding high until Pogba was made captain and he got injured against Basel in champions league. Results worsened but we still finished 2nd in the league. We got into the champions league but Mourinho wanted backing by the board.
2018/19 season. The best example of how Glazers operate. Team was good enough to finish Top 4. We made champions league, Club spent 47 million on backup midfielder, 3rd choice goalkeeper and right back for the reserve team. Income was 30 million so Net spend 17 million pounds.
2019/20 season. OGS first season, club spent 140 million on new players and made 35 million. Net spend 105 million pounds. Club was 8th in the league in January and fans frustration had come to boiling point when Glazers spent 67 million poundson Bruno Fernandes, after which OGS guided us to 3rd in the league and it was pretty obvious it was as much this team would go. Fans wanted to build on the success. But as Glazers have achieved their goal which is Champions League...
2020/21 season. Club spent 47 million pounds and made 18 million on sales. Net spend of 29 million pounds + already agreed deal on Amad Traore in January worth of initial 21 million pounds.

I already wrote it on 10th of January and got lost of hate for it. ''Sancho will come, u will see'' others defended Glazers that this is not good climate.
Actually this was the best climate for buying clubs. Glazers will never release us from the shackles they themselves have put on ourselves. They took out a loan of 140 million pounds that went straight into their pockets.
If fans dont start working together this will never change. We will never be above average.
Manchester United will NEVER buy Sancho. Sancho is the target that the club wanted since he wanted to leave Man City. Sancho wanted to join Manchester United. to be our nr 7. And now the Glazers and Woodward bought 33 year old Cavani who played 14 games last season and 21 games the year before. And those muppets gave Cavani the nr 7 shirt. They are hoping that there are idiots who will buy that shirt.
Every one who is defending Glazers, Woodward and Judge are as much as fault for this. Stop making excuses for them.
Cavani holding nr 7 shirt for 2 seasons will probably mean that we won’t buy marquee player for at least 2 seasons. At least Solskjaer won’t get fired. Glazers like that fans blame other for their mistakes. So they will like that Ole will take the blame for on field issues. Have you seen our next fixtures?
newcastle
PSG
Chelsea
RB Leipzig
Arsenal
Istanbul
Everton
I still think that Ole could be good manager, but we will never know with this board.

Reactions: golden_blunder

peridigm

Who should we have signed when Sancho became a no go
Certainly not a player who had a very severe injury 8 months ago and has not proven long term fitness. Not to mention he didn’t want to come here in the first place and reportedly has discipline issues.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
i wrote on 10th of August that....
Props to anyone reading that !

Regarding Barca and Depay, how can they still be above the cap having released Suarez, Rakitic n co ??? And why wasnt that a problem last summer ?

croadyman

Certainly not a player who had a very severe injury 8 months ago and has not proven long term fitness. Not to mention he didn’t want to come here in the first place and reportedly has discipline issues.
They are all very valid points so just want you to suggest a name

dinostar77

Sancho was simply too expensive in the current economic climate. An outlay of £227mil on a single player is ridiculous (transfers fee, agent fee, wages etc ). Glad the club didnt buy him.
Dembele was Ole's preference and Ole pushed for the permanent signing at £60mil but club refused to back him (Duncan Castles on The transfer window podcast last night).

Its no secret the club will appoint Poch if they decide to sack Ole later this season. £227mil outlay on a player that the current manager who you are losing faith in wants but your new manager may not. Save that money, if Ole is out by Xmas then Poch has more money to spending January on positions he thinks need improving.

Reactions: golden_blunder

kolli

Its no secret the club will appoint Poch if they decide to sack Ole later this season. £227mil outlay on a player that the current manager who you are losing faith in wants but your new manager may not. Save that money, if Ole is out by Xmas then Poch has more money to spending January on positions he thinks need improving.
that might of course somehow make sense, but if you don‘t back your managers and set them up to fail then this behavior will turn into a cycle that‘s hard to stop.

if the club thinks Ole will fail then he should be sacked asap, otherwise he should be backed 100%

Mihai

What absolute load of tosh about Liverpool. The same club who spread the Jota fee over a number of years, are going to somehow stump up 120m euros for Sancho.
BVB won't get 120 for Sancho. If things continue this way, the next summer window will have even less big money signings than this year.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
BVB won't get 120 for Sancho. If things continue this way, the next summer window will have even less big money signings than this year.
I've said that for a while, but even if that's the case we could still pay more upfront than they will.

Mihai

I've said that for a while, but even if that's the case we could still pay more upfront than they will.
Agree. I think if it will be just a case of money involved, we will be able to match any other bid.

cyberman

Props to anyone reading that !

Regarding Barca and Depay, how can they still be above the cap having released Suarez, Rakitic n co ??? And why wasnt that a problem last summer ?
Its ratio to turnover and Covid has fecked finances.
Its why 120m for Sancho next year doesnt make any sense. FFP alone will put a stop to it

izec

Makes sense as to why he wouldn’t extend his contract. He was more than willing to come for a year but Barca wouldn’t let him go without extending his contract. That’s a bit stupid as his value is only going to decrease even more if he isn’t playing.
He wanted a perm move or a perm move later. He didnt want a loan, because he would need to extend and he doesnt want to stay there a year longer. He knows that it would be more difficult to get out.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
If he wants to leave for Juve next summer or in 2022 why won't he move on loan this summer? He is not getting minutes at Barca currently. This football media and journalism job is so easy. Write or say whatever the feck you want.

cyberman

If he wants to leave for Juve next summer or in 2022 why won't he move on loan this summer? He is not getting minutes at Barca currently. This football media and journalism job is so easy. Write or say whatever the feck you want.
Because Barca wanted to extend his contract before a loan was sanctioned.
Its a shitshow on their end

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Because Barca wanted to extend his contract before a loan was sanctioned.
Its a shitshow on their end
This trend of clubs asking players to extend before loaning them to protect the value of player is bad. If you have decided you don't need the player, if he is getting loan chance, loan him and let him do well and ask transfer fee afterwards when you can be in good position. Keeping unhappy player and not playing him doesn't increase his value just because you extended his deal. I read Chelsea too wanted to extend Rudiger deal first before loan. Jones and Rojo were extended for same reason.

MUFC OK

i wrote on 10th of August that Sancho deal is unlikely. My reasoning was based on how and when have Glazers spent the money.
2013/14 season Moyes hired Club spent 27,5 million pounds. We already had secured CL under Sir Alex, club chased sponsors whole summer. Net spend 27,5 million pounds. In January when we were 7th in the league Glazers spent 37,1 million pounds on Juan Mata to try and make the Champions league
2014/15 season LvG was hired Club spent 153,5 million pounds. We finished 7th last year under Moyes, Glazers wanted back to Champions League because of Adidas and Chevrolet deals which meant that club would earn roughly 30% less from sponsors if we were not in Champions league. Net spend 107,5 million pounds.
2015/16 season LvG got us back to CL. Club spent 105 million pounds on new players but sold 94 million pounds worth of players. Net spend 11 million pounds. We had already secured Champions League football so time to enjoy the fruits.
2016/17 season Mourinho hired to get us back to Champions league. We spent 146 million pounds and sold 46 million pounds worth of players. Net spend 100 million pounds. Mourinho finished 6th so our squad wasn't up to the level of other teams in the league but he won us the golden ticket to Champions League via Europa League.
2017/18 season. Club spent 146 million pounds on players and only made 10 million pounds on player sales. Net spend 136 million pounds. Only time that we spend when we were in Champions league. And we saw the results instantly. We were riding high until Pogba was made captain and he got injured against Basel in champions league. Results worsened but we still finished 2nd in the league. We got into the champions league but Mourinho wanted backing by the board.
2018/19 season. The best example of how Glazers operate. Team was good enough to finish Top 4. We made champions league, Club spent 47 million on backup midfielder, 3rd choice goalkeeper and right back for the reserve team. Income was 30 million so Net spend 17 million pounds.
2019/20 season. OGS first season, club spent 140 million on new players and made 35 million. Net spend 105 million pounds. Club was 8th in the league in January and fans frustration had come to boiling point when Glazers spent 67 million poundson Bruno Fernandes, after which OGS guided us to 3rd in the league and it was pretty obvious it was as much this team would go. Fans wanted to build on the success. But as Glazers have achieved their goal which is Champions League...
2020/21 season. Club spent 47 million pounds and made 18 million on sales. Net spend of 29 million pounds + already agreed deal on Amad Traore in January worth of initial 21 million pounds.

I already wrote it on 10th of January and got lost of hate for it. ''Sancho will come, u will see'' others defended Glazers that this is not good climate.
Actually this was the best climate for buying clubs. Glazers will never release us from the shackles they themselves have put on ourselves. They took out a loan of 140 million pounds that went straight into their pockets.
If fans dont start working together this will never change. We will never be above average.
Manchester United will NEVER buy Sancho. Sancho is the target that the club wanted since he wanted to leave Man City. Sancho wanted to join Manchester United. to be our nr 7. And now the Glazers and Woodward bought 33 year old Cavani who played 14 games last season and 21 games the year before. And those muppets gave Cavani the nr 7 shirt. They are hoping that there are idiots who will buy that shirt.
Every one who is defending Glazers, Woodward and Judge are as much as fault for this. Stop making excuses for them.
Cavani holding nr 7 shirt for 2 seasons will probably mean that we won’t buy marquee player for at least 2 seasons. At least Solskjaer won’t get fired. Glazers like that fans blame other for their mistakes. So they will like that Ole will take the blame for on field issues. Have you seen our next fixtures?
newcastle
PSG
Chelsea
RB Leipzig
Arsenal
Istanbul
Everton
I still think that Ole could be good manager, but we will never know with this board.
It's an established pattern and makes sense in terms of the sponsorship deals, even if we don't like it. For a club of our size and the revenues we generate we should be able to have a net spend of over 150m each season comfortably. Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, would spend even larger sums if they had just one season as far off winning the title (pts wise) as we have been every year since 2013. That to me says it all about ambition and priorities of this ownership. We used to count ourselves in that bracket but we simply are not anymore.

We are a big in name only. It has been that way for a long time now and sadly this is the new normal fur us without SAF's genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.