Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Seems quite strange - have they signed a striker? They play that mega intense football that's taxing. Who's understudy to Ings - who has been injured, what, twice this season?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Seems quite strange - have they signed a striker? They play that mega intense football that's taxing. Who's understudy to Ings - who has been injured, what, twice this season?
Their plan is to have Minamino take Long's place for the remainder of this season.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Their plan is to have Minamino take Long's place for the remainder of this season.
I get why they want reinforcements in their attacking front, but he's not a lone striker type. I guess they've got Che Adams. Still think it's strange to limit your options like that.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I get why they want reinforcements in their attacking front, but he's not a lone striker type. I guess they've got Che Adams. Still think it's strange to limit your options like that.
I get you, but I think they're banking on some of their players to be more versatile. Walcott, for example, can play in a front 2 if needed. There's also Daniel N'Lundulu who's getting more game time recently.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I get you, but I think they're banking on some of their players to be more versatile. Walcott, for example, can play in a front 2 if needed. There's also Daniel N'Lundulu who's getting more game time recently.
Yeah, just seen them debating sending some of those defenders out on loan, during a bit of an injury crisis. Sure, not great players, but it's quite handy to have depth during this particular season and playing their particular way. Maybe this is about finances first and foremost..

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Yeah, just seen them debating sending some of those defenders out on loan, during a bit of an injury crisis. Sure, not great players, but it's quite handy to have depth during this particular season and playing their particular way. Maybe this is about finances first and foremost..
I agree. For example, the Valery loan doesn't make much sense to me, but they're going in that direction for whatever reason.

On that note:

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!

Late deal from Portugal - Paulinho joins Sporting CP from Sporting Braga for 16 million euros + Cristian Borja & Andraz Sporar.

hubbuh

Every single time I've seen Minamino play he's looked incredibly underwhelming and well out of his depth. I know some players get away with their slight stature in the Prem due to their ball-playing abilities, Minamino doesn't seem like he'll be one.

dev1l

I wonder what this "nominal fee" is. Didn't they knock back our bid of 20m not too long ago?
They re hiding it for a reason - they have a price for us and city and another price for the rest.

Nick7

I wonder what this "nominal fee" is. Didn't they knock back our bid of 20m not too long ago?
It's been a year since they turned down 20m, to try and stay in the premier league. He was walking away for free at the end of this season, so they wouldn't have gotten a lot anyway.
They re hiding it for a reason - they have a price for us and city and another price for the rest.
Most clubs "hide" fees unless they're made make them public.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
So from the comments I picked up: Never sent off playing for us, but amassed only 76 appearances in 7 years. No idea if this is true, but mad if it is.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

It's mainly an opinion piece, but it does reveal some info over United's likely outgoing and who they're monitoring at this time. Note, however, that much of it is speculative.
  • Sergio Romero expected to run his contract out unless a buyer steps forward
  • Lingard, Pereira, and Dalot expected to secure permanent transfers
  • Jones expected to be sold
  • Mata's contract still up in the air
  • Pogba can still be sold
  • United should go for a new striker given their forwards' goalscoring woes (other than 34-year-old Cavani)
  • United want an upgrade on Harry Maguire's partner
    • Upamecano being monitored
    • Declan Rice a distant possibility

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
This transfer was eventually completed.

However, Villas-Boas didn't want him, so in his press conference, he stated that he's submitted his resignation to Marseille.

Marseille have indeed let him go.

James Peril

The new Liverpool-defender literally looks like a nobody they pulled out from the gift shop at Anfield and gave him a contract. Like an office version of Joe Allen.

JohnnyKills

Every single time I've seen Minamino play he's looked incredibly underwhelming and well out of his depth. I know some players get away with their slight stature in the Prem due to their ball-playing abilities, Minamino doesn't seem like he'll be one.
The difference in media attention between Minamino and Van der Beek is staggering.

If anyone wanted proof of the ABU bias in the media, there you have it.

SATA

I would love for us to get Upamecano and pretend the 5-0 defeat of his team at Old Trafford didn't happen. Just think he has lots of potential but could be abit injury prone

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
This transfer was eventually completed.

However, Villas-Boas didn't want him, so in his press conference, he stated that he's submitted his resignation to Marseille.

Marseille have indeed let him go.
:lol:

RORY65

The difference in media attention between Minamino and Van der Beek is staggering.

If anyone wanted proof of the ABU bias in the media, there you have it.
It's more because VDB cost 5 times as much. Minamino was a punt who they will probably get their money back on but so far he's looked not even close to good enough to make an impact in the Premier League.

JohnnyKills

It's more because VDB cost 5 times as much. Minamino was a punt who they will probably get their money back on but so far he's looked not even close to good enough to make an impact in the Premier League.
Yeah but I think Minamino was only so cheap because his contract was expiring. It wasn't like they plucked a kid from obscurity.

Anyway, not moaning - it's not like the media's position on United is a new thing.

As you say, looks like Minamino is done at Anfield - let's see how he does at Southampton.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Algerian TV via DZ Foot

Algeria head coach Djamel Belmadi:
Mahrez isn’t happy in Manchester because he doesn’t play often, and he’s a fighter who wants to play all the games for his team. I can’t ask him to leave his club to play more in another, I’m not his agent, but the most important is for him to keep his fitness and to be ready for the next games of the national team. He’s our captain. I understand the fear of the fans, but, in my view, he’s got the ability to bounce back once again. I trust him.

Status
Not open for further replies.