Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I'm not confident Haaland will suit City's slow possession based style, he seems more suited to a fast paced attacking system where he isn't depended upon alot for the build up of attacks. Lewandowski wasn't pulling any trees under Pep as well and reached his peak with the faster system under Flick.

At United though, he will be great I think. Lukaku was good as well but his inconsistent finishing was what hurt us and his reputation, Haaland is a better finisher than Lukaku though. The only worry I have is how he'll fit with Rashford, I feel Rashford plays better with Martial at the number 9 since he can rotate positions, would be interesting to see a comparison of stats with Rashford playing with Martial and with Cavani.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
No one except City and PSG is spending 100m during COVID times. We can forget signing Haaland this summer.

Red_toad

Not so sure tbh, we will likely get people off the books to have enough for a low net spend, but able to bring in some good players.
Dalot and co will all return, maybe we’ll offload Jesse. But who else could be sold? Our players that aren’t starters or bench players are on big wages, other clubs won’t be keen on them. Maybe Williams?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Dalot and co will all return, maybe we’ll offload Jesse. But who else could be sold? Our players that aren’t starters or bench players are on big wages, other clubs won’t be keen on them. Maybe Williams?
I'm pretty sure we'll offload Jesse, Andreas and Mata's contracts expire. Bailly's and Pogba next year, probably a massive chance we sell both of them. Williams is a potential sale as well.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'm pretty sure we'll offload Jesse, Andreas and Mata's contracts expire. Bailly's and Pogba next year, probably a massive chance we sell both of them. Williams is a potential sale as well.
Andreas has a contract until June 2023 and Williams is more likely to go out on loan than be sold

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Andreas has a contract until June 2023 and Williams is more likely to go out on loan than be sold
My bad, thought his was up - must have misread. I'm not sure, why would we have not let him go on loan this year? By all accounts we're actively looking for an experienced RB to provide AWB competition? I'm not sure he has a future here to be honest.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid

If this is truth, Madrid should rule him out. I would rather live in ignorance without knowing his list of preferences.
I understand that it is all a question of money but I expect at least some emotion or discretion, and more when you already have an offer on the table for months.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
If he does, I hope that means we are bringing in a top striker
It's getting more serious in South America.

Translation:
In @MediodiaDIRECTV we say that Edinson Cavani wants to play in South America again and his first option is Boca Juniors in June, knowing that he will have to lower his salary considerably. We will see if the negotiations are successful.
Lower his salary, eh? That should get interesting. I still maintain that this is all being escalated because Cavani's option hasn't been exercised. I really don't know which top striker we'd be able to get. Haaland could be available, but he'll still be very expensive. We'll need to look for a stop-gap until next summer when Haaland's release clause kicks in.

Judas

Open to offers
Be weird if Cavani never got to play in front of a sold out OT in our shirt. But honestly, if we got in a top striker to replace him I wouldn't be overly fussed. I just don't trust us to actually do that.

SATA

Would we all be happy if we get Haaland and a cheap centreback like the lad from Fiorentina and that concludes our summer transfer? Which very likely means no Sancho, Kounde or Varane

Forgot to add, and we keep Pogba

Devil may care

That's like my desire for Margot Robbie, it will continue also.
You probably have more chance.

Would we all be happy if we get Haaland and a cheap centreback like the lad from Fiorentina and that concludes our summer transfer? Which very likely means no Sancho, Kounde or Varane

No, the team will still be unbalanced and Haaland relies on sustained service.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
They don't have the money to overhaul the squad without a Coutinho sale to take advantage of. Personally, I think this Liverpool side is done and Klopp will be gone before Christmas. It is a nice, warm feeling.
They need an overhaul as that squad is full of dross. They got away with it last season because they didn't have the injuries that have hit them this season. Now that dross is having to play a big role and the drop in quality is immense.

Judas

Open to offers
With covid limiting the amount of clubs spending daft money, and their most buyable players looking dreadful, if the club aren't going to back him to sort out the squad they're doomed. He'll walk.

Mihai

I would be so happy, believe me. I would be so happy. More than you imagine.

RUCK4444

Absolutely. I posted recently more or less the exact scenario.

I would snap your hands off for that right now 100%

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness

Absolutely. Our need for a starting CB isn’t as dire as has been made out. As aptly shown yesterday, Maguire and Lindelof are an excellent partnership. I’d love a pacey Partner for Maguire, but the choice of that or Haaland is a no brainer. The downside is relying on Greenwood, Diallo or James for RW next season, but I have a lot of belief in Greenwood especially, so happy to continue that investment in his development for another season. Even if it isn’t his ideal position. Having Haaland in the team would give him more space and options.

cyberman

They don't have the money to overhaul the squad without a Coutinho sale to take advantage of. Personally, I think this Liverpool side is done and Klopp will be gone before Christmas. It is a nice, warm feeling.
Hell be gone if they go out v RBL. Liverpool are very cosy with the media, anyone else and we would be told he lost the dressing room. Look at Lampard who we were told was like Bambi, everybody loved him etc.
As soon as he goes the stories will come out imo

Status
Not open for further replies.