Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Remember this place creaming themselves when Pereira scored a pre-season free-kick against Liverpool after coming back from Valencia. How quickly times change. Him and Lingard have to be the first out (after Jones obviously).

RyRoc

How much? The feck?
It's 100-120k a week. With a signing on fee and potential bonuses depending on how the club do the Mail have decided to add all that on and come up with 235k a week to get bigger hits as per.

macheda14

Young players should have potential to be starters not potential to be squad players. He's 24, not good enough, not improving time to move him.
The issue is if we move everyone who isn’t good enough on we’ll be left with like 16 players

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Hellas Verona have approached former AC Milan player Giacomo Bonaventura, but the negotiations have been difficult.

FujiVice

Rob Greens career was basically over at the time he was 30-31 - he was then regularly playing at the bottom of the P.L or in the Championship
Tim Flowers more or less the same - at the age of 31 he got relegated with Blackburn - he went to mid-table Leicester and was never a regular
Ian Walker left Spurs at 30 to join Leicester and got relegated in the first season
Jack Butland as mentioned at the age of 27 looks to be past it
Fraser Forster highly rated in his mid 20s - and things fell apart for him when he left Celtic. He is now just 32
Scott Carson was highly rated when he joined Liverpool - when he left WBA 26 years old to join Bursaspor, you knew it wasn't to be
Paul Robinson highly rated when he joined Spurs - and at the age of 27-28 his form dipped horribly both for England and Spurs - and he joined Blackburn Rovers
Chris Kirkland another highly rated keeper - but he struggled with injuries and left Liverpool at the age of 25 to join Wigan.
Joe Hart played regularly for City for 8 seasons - but his form dipped horribly at the age of 27-28 - and his career at the highest level was practically over after that.

So basically the only England goalkeeper who had a long career after Seaman, was David James.
Mark Crossley was a better keeper than most of them, and never got capped once.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
  • Juve want an attacking player
    • Milik considered, but there are other options
  • Juve are also looking for a "mezz'ala" (i.e. a wider central midfielder)
    • De Paul considered but difficult to obtain

SAFMUTD

Completely agree. I don’t see the potential to be a squad player anyway, he seems like the sort who needs regular football and won’t fare well making sub appearances or a start here and there.
I think he has the quality to start for a low table team in Spain or a medium one in Portugal, I dont think he'll ever be good enough to start in a top team to be honest.

macheda14

Thats why its a process and we need to get rid of 3-4 players per window.
Yeh but I worry if we get rid of Lingard then we won’t have a back up for the back up player in that position. When we for sure get in a player like Grealish (good enough to challenge but maybe not good enough to start) I’ll be happy.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
That is bat shit crazy. Thank feck we aren’t in for him. Arsenal are desperate and that is clouding their judgment. Giving 200k+ contracts for players in their 30s not just for one year but for 3 years. They still have Ozil on their books and now huge salaries for Auba and Willian.

Slysi17

If people are worried that we haven't signed anyone yet, they have every right to be. We seriously need to get Sancho done sharpish. We have heaps of other players to sell and buy. To those people that say it's an overexaggaretion you seriously underestimate what we need to get closer to Liverpool and Manchester City and that we are slow as feck in regards to transfers.

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
Tottenham just got a taste of their own medicine after their former player Luis Binks was sold to Bologna after a few months with Montreal Impact. Montreal Impact and Bologna have the same owners, so this is basically like what Spurs did to us regarding Zeki Fryers.

He will remain on loan at Montreal Impact until the end of 2020 (when the MLS season is expected to end).
How do you work that out? If Montreal got him for nothing then Bologna could have done the exact same directly. What Spurs did was necessary to circumvent paying a compensation fee because it would have been a domestic to domestic transfer. If a player is moving to another country no fees apply which is why Spurs got another club involved in the first place.

You're doing good work with the tweets in here but definitely from time to time over eager to "throw shade" I believe the kids would call it, at other PL clubs.

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
:lol: Not been so happy to see a player out the door since Malouda. He would have 100% kicked his feet up at Chelsea if he'd got the deal he wanted. At least he will try for a while as long as it suits him to prove a point at Arsenal but you only need one of him or Luiz to get pissed off at lack of playing time or anything of the sort and you will lose both of them in terms of full engagement.

pacifictheme

Oh, I see what you were focusing on. Yeah, he doesn't fit. It's unfortunate that he decided to retire early, though; he could have been pretty good for England.
I remember him saying after he left united there was too much pressure playing for us as we're always expected to win, not sure he would have ever thrived for England really.

crossy1686

career ending
Im not sure some people understand how redundancy works.

The job no longer exists because Arsenal no longer need a tea lady, the players can get their own tea from now on.

They need players to win games. They’re not making the CM position redundant are they?

Lazy journalism to incite anger in a time when people should be pulling together

Lemansky

The job no longer exists because Arsenal no longer need a tea lady, the players can get their own tea from now on.

They need players to win games. They’re not making the CM position redundant are they?

Lazy journalism to incite anger in a time when people should be pulling together
Its nothing but cutting costs. Then they pay Willian 200k plus a week for three years... I totally understand the anger.

Woodzy

Who knows, they made the CB position redundant about 10 years ago.

manuchamp88

I'm glad you can be facetious about it cos it'll be a huge slap in the face to people who perhaps aren't highly skilled and are out of a job at a time when they need it most. 55 people laid off in commercial, admin and backroom (The FT). This is despite Kroenke's wealth increasing by over £300 million during the crisis period and players taking 12.5% pay cuts (BBC). Then Arsenal have the audacity to pay bloated wages to a player at the end of his career, but not be able to keep on lower paid staff and maybe, you know, find players who aren't so costly. Suppose it'll be harder now having got rid of a few scouts too.

crossy1686

career ending
I'm glad you can be facetious about it cos it'll be a huge slap in the face to people who perhaps aren't highly skilled and are out of a job at a time when they need it most. 55 people laid off in commercial, admin and backroom (The FT). This is despite Kroenke's wealth increasing by over £300 million during the crisis period and players taking 12.5% pay cuts (BBC). Then Arsenal have the audacity to pay bloated wages to a player at the end of his career, but not be able to keep on lower paid staff and maybe, you know, find players who aren't so costly. Suppose it'll be harder now having got rid of a few scouts too.
I have sympathy for the people who have been made redundant, I have been in their position before also but it's not the end of the world and it is just a job after all. Arsenal are a business and have the right to do what they want to better that business, if it means making 55 people redundant then so be it. What are they supposed to do? Keep 55 people on staff without functioning job roles and keep paying them a full wage as if they were a charity?

The people let go will be fine in time and who knows, maybe better off or happier in the long run.

Don't get me wrong, I think Arsenal are fecked by switching to this agent led recruitment model but it will be fun to watch all the same.

jeepers

So yesterday someone says we are putting all other endeavours on hold til we resolve Sancho situation.
And yet today someone else says we are now looking at all other endeavours.
Basically no-one expect Woodward and Ole knows what is going on!
Nah, what it shows is that we only have enough for Sancho. And that we aren’t confident of reaching a compromise with Dortmund with regards to Sancho’s fee.

Robertd0803

As much as Pep likes Thiago, he'd demand a decent wage, and I'm not sure if the club would want to take a chance on a player who's had various injury problems over the years.
Gundogen and Hargreaves probably proved that for them.
Pereira is a really poor player with no stand-out attributes so expect a £20m bid from us next week.
I miss the days of Everton taking nearly all Uniteds cast offs. Worked out pretty well for everyone.
Can you imagine the uproar if we had done this?

No idea how Covid affected them financially but I have a feeling Juve counted on winning the CL with the current all star team, and now they didnt they need to balance the books a little better. Bad timing considering they didnt run away with the league as much as normal this year.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
:lol: Not been so happy to see a player out the door since Malouda. He would have 100% kicked his feet up at Chelsea if he'd got the deal he wanted. At least he will try for a while as long as it suits him to prove a point at Arsenal but you only need one of him or Luiz to get pissed off at lack of playing time or anything of the sort and you will lose both of them in terms of full engagement.
MALOUDA! What a throwback

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
That is bat shit crazy. Thank feck we aren’t in for him. Arsenal are desperate and that is clouding their judgment. Giving 200k+ contracts for players in their 30s not just for one year but for 3 years. They still have Ozil on their books and now huge salaries for Auba and Willian.
At the same time you can't blame them for having reached some critical levels of desperation at this pt.

romufc

While you mentioned the scenarios of City & Chelsea, you conveniently overlooked the fact that their squad didn’t need as many outgoings as ours needs. It is obviously clear we need to get rid of our deadwood, or at least some of it to bring in other players.

Also, the club doesn’t have fans believing Greenwood can do the job. They did have the fans believe that during current season where he was preferred over James and rightly so. But going forward it’s clear we’re working on the sancho deal or at least trying to. For any reason if that doesn’t work we’ll surely bring in an alternative.

We also need more incomings but mostly squad options. City rushed to sign a CB cuz they were seriously short in that department and didn’t first need to get rid of some of their 7 CBs. Chelsea signed players because they were long overdue after a transfer ban.

We can panic as much as we want but we need to move on some of our deadwood before we can rush any new signings. And I’m all for that because for some reason we have a tough time moving them on but enough is enough and we first need to trim our squad and wage bill.

My issue isn’t with our club making fans believe players like Greenwood diminish the right for more signings. It’s with making our fans believe that our deadwood isn’t really deadwood and well just stick to them if we can’t move them on. Just like we took a huge loss on Sanchez but moved him on, we need to do the same with players like Rojo & Lingard for starters who are on stupid wages which they don’t even deserve. Doesn’t matter if we have to accept unrealistic offers for them. Until we don’t move them on we’ll never be able to just go out and buy players ahead of time. It’ll only make us weaker in the transfer market in the future and clubs will then want our deadwood to be paid for to leave instead of maybe taking them at low values or no value as of now.
We talk as if we need to get rid of 10 players. The worry is we do neither. If we cannot get rid of Lingard, Perreira, Dalot, Rojo, Jones what do we do? not sign anyone? We also have to remember since Ole has come in, we have got rid of Fellaini, Herrera, Lukaku, Young, Sanchez and Darmian and signed 4 players in Maguire, Bruno, James, AWB.

Most of the signings have come straight into the first 11, we need a RW that will come into the first 11 before we do any more business.

I want us to get our first team rectified, then look at squad changes. I know the Sancho deal is not an easy one but at the moment we are looking a mess in that deal wont you agree?

Ole must have been told, get top 4. He got top 4 so he should be going to the board saying, I need a bit more and we know he isnt one to throw his toys out if he doesnt get what he wants, which worries me slightly that the board might say lets ride it out this summer.

I just dont have any faith in our board, that worries me the most.

hubbuh

It wasn’t long ago that people were touting Pogba back to Juventus. Now they’re struggling to muster up the pennies for De Paul!

M4YON

The players took wage cuts so the staff didn't lose there jobs at a time where money will be the difference between living or just surviving. Then they got rid of them anyway and are now splashing absurd money on wages for 30 year old players... if you can't understand the anger in that, you're morally inept.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
We talk as if we need to get rid of 10 players. The worry is we do neither. If we cannot get rid of Lingard, Perreira, Dalot, Rojo, Jones what do we do? not sign anyone? We also have to remember since Ole has come in, we have got rid of Fellaini, Herrera, Lukaku, Young, Sanchez and Darmian and signed 4 players in Maguire, Bruno, James, AWB.

Most of the signings have come straight into the first 11, we need a RW that will come into the first 11 before we do any more business.

I want us to get our first team rectified, then look at squad changes. I know the Sancho deal is not an easy one but at the moment we are looking a mess in that deal wont you agree?

Ole must have been told, get top 4. He got top 4 so he should be going to the board saying, I need a bit more and we know he isnt one to throw his toys out if he doesnt get what he wants, which worries me slightly that the board might say lets ride it out this summer.

I just dont have any faith in our board, that worries me the most.
I have a feeling that we will have to get rid of a couple of players before we can sign anyone, so that could be Smalling and Rojo, possibly Lingard. I also do not have much faith in the board, we seem very ponderous in the market, and I feel that if Ole really wants Sancho, then we should go ahead and sign him, whatever the cost, it may be over the odds for him, but we would have a special talent on our books, and one of the most dynamic forward lines in Europe. Players like Pereira, Mata, Dalot (if Laird goes on loan), Jones even, could be kept as squad players for one more season, before shipping them out next summer when some of our academy players will be back in the mix after a season on loan.

Fingeredmouse

I have sympathy for the people who have been made redundant, I have been in their position before also but it's not the end of the world and it is just a job after all. Arsenal are a business and have the right to do what they want to better that business, if it means making 55 people redundant then so be it. What are they supposed to do? Keep 55 people on staff without functioning job roles and keep paying them a full wage as if they were a charity?
What are they supposed to do? Not act like total cnuts would be a start. No, they're not a charity but they are an employer which also comes with moral obligations.
And no they're not a charity. They are an unscrupulous employer.

romufc

I have a feeling that we will have to get rid of a couple of players before we can sign anyone, so that could be Smalling and Rojo, possibly Lingard. I also do not have much faith in the board, we seem very ponderous in the market, and I feel that if Ole really wants Sancho, then we should go ahead and sign him, whatever the cost, it may be over the odds for him, but we would have a special talent on our books, and one of the most dynamic forward lines in Europe. Players like Pereira, Mata, Dalot (if Laird goes on loan), Jones even, could be kept as squad players for one more season, before shipping them out next summer when some of our academy players will be back in the mix after a season on loan.
Agreed. Well we need to get a move on selling the players too, why do we find it so difficult to do both? Buy and sell ?

I hate to use this example but Liverpool had deadwoods and got rid of them in Ibe, Solanke, Lovren, Sakho all for very good money.

If we cannot pay the £108m for Sancho then thats fine, stop messing around and keep going back to negotiate. Dortmund's position is clear, they will not sell for less, so why are we wasting time? Lets go onto other targets.

Covid is not new now, we must have carried out various models to forecast the effects on our transfer budget on various scenarios.

stevoc

Genuinely curious to know what they will do with the findings of the investigation.
Evaluation: Yep, we overpaid for Pepe.
Going forward. . .erm, don't do it again?
Plus the inevitable who will we sack to blame this on?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Genuinely curious to know what they will do with the findings of the investigation.
Evaluation: Yep, we overpaid for Pepe.
Going forward. . .erm, don't do it again?
Actually thought that was a banter tweet to start with.
Then thought it was maybe some corruption or dodgy dealing thing.

But no. It seems a weird internal meeting that will end in 25second with...yes we overpaid scandalously

Status
Not open for further replies.