Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJM78

I thought his agent came out last month and said we've reassured him he's staying? Hopefully this doesn't mean we've decided to keep Lingard instead, neither are good enough.
I have a bad feeling that Lingard will stay.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
How do you work that out? If Montreal got him for nothing then Bologna could have done the exact same directly. What Spurs did was necessary to circumvent paying a compensation fee because it would have been a domestic to domestic transfer. If a player is moving to another country no fees apply which is why Spurs got another club involved in the first place.

You're doing good work with the tweets in here but definitely from time to time over eager to "throw shade" I believe the kids would call it, at other PL clubs.
If I'm being a little overeager about it, it's because United fans tend to be overeager to criticise this club. The point of my Tweets is not only to get everyone caught up but to show that the situations we face tend to be faced by other clubs as well.

In the case of Binks, whilst they may not have gotten a compensation package, they probably could have demanded a higher fee from Bologna. Montreal don't have as much money as Bologna do, so if they were the only suitors at the time, I can see how they wouldn't get as much money off of him.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
More details on Chong getting closer to be loaned out to Werder Bremen:

According to Bild, the progression has come because United have softened on their wage demands to Bremen. The deal can be completed today if all goes well.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Lazio were after S.C. Braga's Paulinho, but they are likely to lose out on him to Wolverhampton Wanderers. Wolves are paying 25 million Euros to secure him, which is much higher than the 15 million that Lazio have offered.

fps

More details on Chong getting closer to be loaned out to Werder Bremen:

According to Bild, the progression has come because United have softened on their wage demands to Bremen. The deal can be completed today if all goes well.
I like the look of this, could be a very good loan for him, and a loan is exactly what he needs right now.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Lazio face competition for Borja Mayoral from Valencia & Fiorentina. Negotiations with Real Madrid have come to a halt as a result.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Lazio were after S.C. Braga's Paulinho, but they are likely to lose out on him to Wolverhampton Wanderers. Wolves are paying 25 million Euros to secure him, which is much higher than the 15 million that Lazio have offered.
Strange. Never thought I’d see a Portuguese tab Wolverhampton.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
The agent of Mainz's Jean-Paul Boetius had this to say about his client:
We have four offers.
Bild digs into this and finds that the offers are from Leeds, Fulham, Fiorentina, and Sevilla.

He's a decent player for sure, but I'm not sure if he'll necessarily offer much to any of those clubs. He is a nice, versatile option for all of them, at least.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Pretty sure he only made a 5 min cameo against us in the Europa this season, but is supposedly highly rated. Would be an interesting one for the future.

Alemar

I have a bad feeling that Lingard will stay.
It’s ok if Pereira and Mata are gone. The problem was that there were many poor performers on the bench - if we manage to ship out the majority of those, it will already be a much better situation than it is now.

Yet, the best option would be to sell all of them

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Pretty sure he only made a 5 min cameo against us in the Europa this season, but is supposedly highly rated. Would be an interesting one for the future.
Finally something new.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
It’s ok if Pereira and Mata are gone. The problem was that there were many poor performers on the bench - if we manage to ship out the majority of those, it will already be a much better situation than it is now.

Yet, the best option would be to sell all of them
We should be keeping Mata over Lingard every single day of the week.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
After declaring that he will leave Udinese after the season, Seko Fofana has chosen RC Lens as his next club.

That's an interesting choice. Given how good he has been in Serie A, I expected a bigger club than RC Lens to sign him.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Weston McKennie has been linked to various clubs this summer. Hertha Berlin was one of them and had a strong interest in the player. However, they are unable to find an agreement with Schalke.

welshwingwizard

PSG need to win the Champions league or no way can Mbappe or Neymar be considered a success, don't need two €200m odd forwards to win Ligue 1 and the Coupe de France every year :lol:, same goes for Ronaldo to Juve, don't need to spend €100m on Ronaldo to wrap up the Serie A title, they already won it 8 years in a row without him.
Would you consider Ruud a failure for us? Similar cases I think given the jump in fees and ability to break goal scoring records. Winning the Chamions league requires luck. It's not a talent thing.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Would you consider Ruud a failure for us? Similar cases I think given the jump in fees and ability to break goal scoring records. Winning the Chamions league requires luck. It's not a talent thing.
No, just citing that the transfer originally fell through because he did his cruciate before signing fully, was still a great striker after though. One of the best natural finishers I've ever seen. Sometimes that isn't the case like with Shearer R9 and others, never seemed quite the same after. Point is Werner wouldn't want to take that risk and potentially blow his Chelsea career before it started.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Benfica post a "cryptic" Tweet confirming 3 of their new signings...

Translation:
If you had the opportunity, what would you ask Vertonghen, Everton [from Gremio, formerly linked to Everton], and Waldschmidt?
EDIT: 2nd Tweet to add on to the "suspense"

Last edited:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Waldschmidt is a big coup for Benfica, he’s a big talent. I wouldn’t have expected him to go to Portugal at all.

welshwingwizard

No, just citing that the transfer originally fell through because he did his cruciate before signing fully, was still a great striker after though. One of the best natural finishers I've ever seen. Sometimes that isn't the case like with Shearer R9 and others, never seemed quite the same after. Point is Werner wouldn't want to take that risk and potentially blow his Chelsea career before it started.
I meant that Ruud didn't win us a champions league yet he was clearly a success.

Ronaldo, neymar and mbappe may not have won the champions league for their teams but it I'd hard to win so doesn't necessarily reflect how goods signing they were. Ronaldo especially as Juventus are not that great or as good as they were.

Like Ruud played in a team on decline yet still scored ridiculous amounts ronaldo is doing the same.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Kicker report that Dortmund are very interested in Real's Reinier.

Waldschmidt is a big coup for Benfica, he’s a big talent. I wouldn’t have expected him to go to Portugal at all.
Everyone thinks he's very talented (me included), but the truth is he's 24 years old and never really played a leading role at Freiburg. Could've seen Gladbach or Leverkusen pick him up, but these or Benfica are ambitious transfers for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.