Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Juve and Higuain are still in negotiations to terminate their contract.

Last edited:

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Bournemouth are probably never coming back up again, are they? What a depressing state of affairs it must be for those supporters. Manager gone, Ake gone, Wilson gone, Ramsdale gone, Fraser gone, King likely gone.

Basically their whole team just blown up.

Baneofthegame

Bournemouth are probably never coming back up again, are they? What a depressing state of affairs it must be for those supporters. Manager gone, Ake gone, Wilson gone, Ramsdale gone, Fraser gone, King likely gone.

I was thinking this, their whole squad is getting blown up, have they even recruited anyone yet?

SER19

They've gotten decent fees and should be financially reasonable before them. Managed properly, they might be fine.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

The Spanish Di Marzio correspondent summarised the Marca article that he retweeted.
Thomas keeps his peace of mind on his future. On one hand, he understands that, until October 5, there is still enough time to receive an improved contract offer; on the other hand, he has no intention to force an exit from Atletico Madrid.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Fiorentina are working to bring back Borja Valero for a second spell at the club.

Borja Valero has already turned down Genoa, and he's halted negotiations with Hellas Verona for now.

Dr. StrangeHate

Abramovich not wanting people to forget he is the billionaire owner of a football club. Surprised he didn't threaten to pay Messi's release clause.
City destroying FFP with the help of CAS is going to have consequences for many years to come. It might be a permanent turning point in football as evidenced by the package they were offering Messi. That decision has told all wealthy owners that they can do whatever they want.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

They’ll have a fair bit of money. Their owners are wealthy as it is and with the parachute payments and transfer fees, they should be able to recruit a fair bit

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
They’ll have a fair bit of money. Their owners are wealthy as it is and with the parachute payments and transfer fees, they should be able to recruit a fair bit
To be fair I think their biggest loss is Eddie Howe

DMacgraw

It's very strange. You rarely see "Liverpool monitoring" or "Chelsea preparing a move for".
Think about it ... if you were a journalist whose income is linked to clicks on your tweets and articles, would you bother making tweets about Liverpool or Chelsea "monitoring" or "preparing moves"? You'll starve to death; nobody cares. Making up tweets about United, on the other hand, is a sure fire click winner!

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Wonder if James has it in him to be the main man at a midtable side and carry them as their talisman. Going to be quite the adjustment going from playing with loads of worldies to a mediocre bunch at Everton.
Firstly - Everton aren’t just a mediocre bunch anymore. He’ll be surrounded by decent players who will most likely improve themselves with another top tier player playing alongside them. They’re also now managed by a top top manager.
I won’t be surprised if Everton finish above Wolves/Sheffield this season.

Secondly - I think James definitely has it in him to be the main man. Regardless of him being surrounded by worldies at Madrid, he was often played out of position as well as simply played infrequently enough to get a good flow going.
He was also good enough at Bayern and they weren’t completely against keeping him either. Just the finances that didn’t work out if I’m not wrong.

Totally irrelevant but I might even bring him into my fantasy team. Will most likely be in contention to take free-kicks & penalties too.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Should I expect any utd related transfer news or is this another week where these inefficient clowns do feck all and cause delay?

romufc

Who are we monitoring today then? Seems like we have become good at monitoring players.

Adamsk7

Ed’s amazing at monitoring. He’s a voyeur. Reminds me of a channel 5 classic I used to watch back in my hormonal teenage days about a guy that was a home security installer and he installed spy cameras in this super hot woman’s house and watched her shag lots of blokes (and a couple of women). She knew obviously. Great film........

K Stand Knut

Always been a big fan and would have loved to see him at United. £20m is a bargain. Everton doing some decent deals both in the men's and women's teams.
It’s a ‘Meh’ transfer!!

Would be more of a surprise if it turns out to be a great transfer than if it doesn’t.

Redfrog

Think it could take quite a few games before we're able to settle with all these new players. We likely won't see the best Chelsea for a bit. But all teams will likely struggle initially for form under the circumstances.

What's really weird is that we're buying basically a whole new team without getting rid of any notable "deadwood" yet. The likes of Emerson, Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Zappacosta are still on our books. Players like Barkley and Jorginho who I struggle to see room for are still here. Our wage bill has got to be stratospheric currently.
Let's just hope it will take a few years like !

Being serious, I think it is really hard to integrate that many players at once ! Nobody will know how to play with each other even if they are very talented.

We will see...but I'm curious to see if Lampard will go gradually or if he will throw them all at once. But anyway you have a very good squad.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Always been a big fan and would have loved to see him at United. £20m is a bargain. Everton doing some decent deals both in the men's and women's teams.
Always thought he was massively over rated myself and the fact he's dropped down to a club not even in Europe speaks volumes.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Should stay at Bournemouth until December and come to United when he Ighalo leaves. He'll be a pretty inexpensive acquisition with only 6 months left on his contract.

Pavl3n

Price seems to go down each day.
I guess Smalling really enjoyed his time in Rome. I am sure there would be at least 2 or 3 PL clubs who would be interested in bringing him for around £20. But when you weigh the prospect of playing for Newcastle and fight for relegation vs playing for Roma and living in Rome - kind of understand him.

CG1010

I guess Smalling really enjoyed his time in Rome. I am sure there would be at least 2 or 3 PL clubs who would be interested in bringing him for around £20. But when you weigh the prospect of playing for Newcastle and fight for relegation vs playing for Roma and living in Rome - kind of understand him.
Then he can take a salary cut to help the matters.. why should the club be taken to the cleaners!!

romufc

That isn't the clubs problem. If Roma want Smalling then they need to pay the fee. United should start looking at other offers in order to push Roma for a higher fee. I am sure West Ham or someone would pay £20m after they offered £27m for Tarkowski.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Piss off, we should keep him if that's all they are offering.
Really, he's 31 this season, doesn't have the skill set that Ole wants to fit into your defence and according to Transfer market Roma paid a 3 million euro loan fee last season. If he goes for 10 million euros that's not a bad sum given that you paid 8 million for him originally so you're getting your money back plus some!

Status
Not open for further replies.