Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkRed

Seen a full season of Wan Bissaka miss controlling the ball.

Would Barcelona, City, Liverpool, Chelsea Madrid Bayern etc want a player like Wan Bissaka? He's not good enough on the ball to play this level. All he has is a good tackle. That's not enough.
There was a tactic to play vs Barca, block everyone but Semedo, let him do what ever with the ball but not to pass to someone else, and he would always lose the ball...
Wan Bissaka showed not much of a higher level, but Semedo is not better in any way and AWB could improve as he used to be a winger, so have something more to show us.

Woodzy

Forgot that Leeds nearly got Dan James before we signed him. Probably some truth in the links then tbh.

Jam

I think James could be a good player with the right coaching. Someone like Bielsa or Rodgers.
I think he’d definitely do better in a hardwired system with clear plays and instructions than the more fluid freedom the larger teams have with their forward players.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It's very hard to believe that Spurs will try to sign Lingard to replace Alli unless if they sell Alli for 50m or 60m. If they sell Alli for only 30m and spend 20m on Lingard makes no sense to me for Levy to do this business for just 10m profit. But if it happens we got an amazing deal in our hand here.

Suv666

I dont think we should sell James. He's hardly played for us. Give the lad a chance. He wasnt supposed to be a starter, was bought to be an option off the bench. Had his little purple patch last season, goes to show he has the raw talent, in a few years he'll be a decent winger. A loan would be ideal.

GBBQ

I dont think we should sell James. He's hardly played for us. Give the lad a chance. He wasnt supposed to be a starter, was bought to be an option off the bench. Had his little purple patch last season, goes to show he has the raw talent, in a few years he'll be a decent winger. A loan would be ideal.
I don’t see us selling him either. He’s shown glimpses (albeit few and far between) of what he can do. I think the step up was a bit much for him at a time when United are under intense scrutiny. A season with attack minded Leeds who will expect to have big wins and losses over the course of the year could be good for him.

OleGunnar20

I like James and think he has potential off the LW with the right coaching. Wouldn't be heartbroken to see him sold but in a world where we had a halfway functional squad, a loan would be ideal.

Lingard, Pereira, Rojo, Jones, Dalot and Romero at a minimum should all be out the door before him anyway. How are we going into yet another season with these hangers on Still here (Romero excluded) ?!

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
We'd be stupid to sell James because then we'd have to replace him as well...
So instead we should keep a player who is not good enough and let their resale value erode further?
A loan would be stupid since we need to replace him, so we better sell and reinvest the money in Sarr or someone like that

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

NJM78

So Arsenal will get Partey then... sigh
The fact we only got top four in the last week of the season when the likes of Arsenal and Spurs were rubbish. Both have now strengthened greatly along with the likes of Everton and Leicester. We could easily finish 4th or 8th the way this window is going.

dinostar77

Wan Bissaka can't trap wind mate. Semedo is miles better than AWB. Even Wolves know football has changed and play with offensive full backs / wing backs.

We have two fullbacks who are pretty good defenders but which create next to nothing.

Sums up the lack of direction at the club.
Semedo cant defend to save his life. AWB is one of the best one on one fullbacks in the league.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Semedo cant defend to save his life. AWB is one of the best one on one fullbacks in the league.
Don't care. He can't play football. He's a good tackler and that's it. None of the major clubs in Europe would go near him. Is that what we've become? £50m for a slide tackle?

Full backs in modern game aren't what they were in 90's. They have to be good offensively too. Ours aren't.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
So Arsenal will get Partey then... sigh
Torreira + 20M for partey would equal his release clause and a good bit of business for both sides. Hopefully we have 45M more stashed somewhere for Aouar...

sparx99

Don't care. He can't play football. He's a good tackler and that's it. None of the major clubs in Europe would go near him. Is that what we've become? £50m for a slide tackle?

Full backs in modern game aren't what they were in 90's. They have to be good offensively too. Ours aren't.
Wolves play with wing backs which is a much different role. Just look at how Marcus Alonso was brilliant for Conte and a liability for Lampard.

Personally, AWB has shown enough potential that we shouldn’t be writing him off. He delivered an excellent cross for Rashford to score against City, for example.

I think each of our wide options hamper AWB in some way. Mata cuts back and inside leaving AWB holding the width alone. Dan James isn’t good enough out there so you end up with those unable to craft their own openings and Greenwood also cuts inside to get into shooting positions leaving AWB as our outlet. If he played behind Sancho who could hold the width and add quality out there then maybe with defences doubling him AWB can either be a decoy runner or he can simplify his game by just giving the ball to Sancho without immediately getting it popped back to him.

Regardless, if he doesn’t develop then hopefully Laird or Williams can oust him or we’ll try and get someone in a few years.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Wan Bissaka can't trap wind mate. Semedo is miles better than AWB. Even Wolves know football has changed and play with offensive full backs / wing backs.

We have two fullbacks who are pretty good defenders but which create next to nothing.

Sums up the lack of direction at the club.
Which is exactly why Barca want rid. He cannot defend to save his life

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Big teams than us have sold better players than James. A shame Liverpool didn’t think like this, they’d still be giving Lazar Markovic ‘a chance’ at this rate. Players who have joined bug teams, not been good enough and been shipped out after a tear are all over the game, and the majority haven’t done much since then.

ti vu

Does anyone think Ed might block the sale of Lingard to Totenham beacuse he thinks it is strengthing of Top 6 rival?
Or worse, Mourinho fishing and Ed goes out to give new contract to Lingard...

Last edited:

shahzy

In this day and age its better to be a better attacker who can defend a little bit than it is to be a better defender who can attack a little bit.
Theres a reason Dani Alves, Trent AA are talked about as being the best types of fullbacks.
This club needs a new mentality frankly

Listar

If we need money to buy Sancho and we can get in from Lingard I say lets do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.