Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoof the ball

I have the distinct impression that Telles signing would represent a improvement in tactical agility. The ability to play a 3-5-2 with Shaw at LCB and Telles at wing-back could be a very interesting development.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Before this summer:
Stones
Mari
Laporte
Mendy
Walker
Danilo
Cancelo
Angelino
Garcia
I mean, that's not that many really. They've sold/released more than that in the same timeframe.

Kolarov
Clichy
Denayer
Mari
Zabaleta
Kompany
Maffeo
Mangala
Danilo
Lejeune

I'd say that's a fairly normal turnover in a 4/5 year period.

Dante

Average bang
What? Surely that can't be allowed. Not that we or any top team want him but still you can't charge more on a club by club basis.
I don't think that's what it's saying.

The release clause is about forcing Burnley to sell to them at that amount and not a penny more. It's not about inflating the price for those 3 clubs in particular.

Tarkowski probably requested the clause so that he could secure a move to a big club without getting blocked by an exorbitant fee (cf. Jack Grealish not getting a move because Villa priced him out of one).

If I were a player, I'd also request a 'dream club escape clause'.

Jev

I have the distinct impression that Telles signing would represent a improvement in tactical agility. The ability to play a 3-5-2 with Shaw at LCB and Telles at wing-back could be a very interesting development.
Who would be right wing-back, though? AWB is a defending full-back and no more suited as a wing-back than Shaw.

hobbers

What? Surely that can't be allowed. Not that we or any top team want him but still you can't charge more on a club by club basis.
That's not really the purpose. The purpose is to give Tarkowski some peace of mind knowing that if one of those three clubs come in for him he'll be allowed to leave for that fee.

And we're the ones at fault for setting the market value for Prem centre backs at such a high level that all parties agreed £50m as a fair amount of compensation to Burnley.

£80m for Maguire actually makes £50m for Tarkowski look like a great deal :(

K Stand Knut

I mean, that's not that many really. They've sold/released more than that in the same timeframe.

Kolarov
Clichy
Denayer
Mari
Zabaleta
Kompany
Maffeo
Mangala
Danilo
Lejeune

I'd say that's a fairly normal turnover in a 4/5 year period.
it is when you consider their ages at the time of the purchases and the fact that every summer it is the area they still need to strengthen in.

it is also about the quality of the players and the money spent.

jesperjaap

Otamendi seemed to have a lot of mistakes in him and a little rash, but I dont think he was a bad defender. Ruben Dias I am interested to se how he does. I am glad we never made a move when linked put it that way. Whenever I have watched him, seemed very much like looking at Lindelof at Benfica too.....seriously average and over rated. Didnt understand the fuss and hoped we wouldnt make a move for Lindelof....I think Dias will be a flop myself and an expensive one for them if true

Adnan

Talent Spotter
My money is on Mykolenko as the others are too old to tie down to 5yr contracts.
You could well be right.

Watching Mykolenko via YouTube and the thing that immediately jumps out is his physique for a 19 year old is very impressive.

Cliche Guevara

That is a matter of opinion, I guess.
Well no it’s not.

It’s been done to death the last couple of days.Transfers have absolutely no relevance to quarterly balance sheets and why wait until the next quarter to buy Sancho when that quarter would look absolutely fecked instead? What would be the point in that? Happy New Year shareholders we are over £150m down in the third quarter but second quarter was not too bad.

This is exactly what I’m talking about: Stock exchange, shirt sales, fax machine etc.

Utter bollocks the media spout which then becomes perceived wisdom with absolutely no critical analysis or thought whatsoever.

Red_toad

You could well be right.

Watching Mykolenko via YouTube and the thing that immediately jumps out is his physique for a 19 year old is very impressive.
He's 21 are you watching old video's?
If we're after a more attack minded leftback, then he's looks slightly more adventurous than AWB.

sparx99

You could well be right.

There was talk of Rayan Ait-Nouri as well.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's 21 are you watching old video's?
If we're after a more attack minded leftback, then he's looks slightly more adventurous than AWB.
I probably was watching old vids tbf. And he looked more of a defensive fullback than a attacking one.

Status
Not open for further replies.