Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
So its BS then??

Can’t be bothered to go back and find the tweets can you?

Seeing as you won’t I will.

First tweet mentioning United’s interest on the 29th August:

This was at 21:09 ^

on the 30th at 21:13 he tweeted United are in contact with VDB’s agents and have been for weeks

Information on Erik Ten Haag stating that there was “developments” in VDB leaving was in this telegraph article which was tweeted out at 21:31 on the 29th

Video of Erik saying there was developments is here was at 18:14 on the 29th:

Notice that the reporter name drops United and Barcelona. Erik doesn’t say any clubs name, just that there had been developments. For all we know VDB could’ve been going Barca.

So you could argue that potentially Romano did some digging with his contacts to find our which club VDB was going to....you know his job.

Do you know that Romano is a Guardian writer? A highly prestigious newspaper who don’t exactly hire nobodies or “twitter frauds” who copy information. He’s not just a twitter personality you know.

You are the weirdest agenda poster I have ever come across on here? Did Romano leave you on Read?

EDIT:

Romano even retweeted this guy saying he wasn’t a Barca target & this was BEFORE the Erik video came out!

Wow looks like we may sign Van de Beek.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
So its BS then??

on the 30th at 21:13 he tweeted United are in contact with VDB’s agents and have been for weeks

Information on Erik Ten Haag stating that there was “developments” in VDB leaving was in this telegraph article which was tweeted out at 21:31 on the 29th

Notice that the reporter name drops United and Barcelona. Erik doesn’t say any clubs name, just that there had been developments. For all we know VDB could’ve been going Barca.

So you could argue that potentially Romano did some digging with his contacts to find our which club VDB was going to....you know his job.

Do you know that Romano is a Guardian writer? A highly prestigious newspaper who don’t exactly hire nobodies or “twitter frauds” who copy information. He’s not just a twitter personality you know.

You are the weirdest agenda poster I have ever come across on here? Did Romano leave you on Read?

EDIT:

Romano even retweeted this guy saying he wasn’t a Barca target & this was BEFORE the Erik video came out!

Basically what i said. He was being interviewed by various United Youtubers for days on end and never mentioned Donny once until that day when Haag spoke out. Never tweeted about it till that day. He's full of shit mate.

The info he's come out with on Sancho also has been proven wrong by Cooper and Stone who have clearly been briefed by the club.

Said We were signing Reguilon 'NOT SPURS' the day he agreed to go to Spurs. United apparently never took it very far because of the clause was non negotiable. It was a non starter from the off for us.

He's been terribly unreliable on our club all summer. Serie A is his market. He knows feck all about us.

Amir

James Cooper n Simon Stone are incredibly reliable on United news as they get briefed by club employees. Always have been. Everything they said contradicts Romano.
Being briefed by the club doesn't mean you're reliable... As sometimes the club will simply lie or give a comfortable version of events.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Being briefed by the club doesn't mean you're reliable... As sometimes the club will simply lie or give a comfortable version of events.
And you'd believe Romano's version over all that and all these reliable journalists. Remember we're not taking Daily Star journos here.

Why would our club brief out that the wages and agent fee were a stumbling block but have only recently been agreed if they weren't? What possible benefit would that do us publicly upsetting the player and agent? It makes no sense.

He went early, took a gamble and got it wrong. The end.

Amir

And you'd believe Romano's version over all that and all these reliable journalists. Remember we're not taking Daily Star journos here.

Why would our club brief out that the wages and agent fee were a stumbling block but have only recently been agreed if they weren't? What possible benefit would that do us publicly upsetting the player and agent? It makes no sense.
Delay tactics for anxious supporters?

The reality of the matter is United invest heavily in PR when it comes to transfers. Regularly, once we realise a transfer isn't happening, we'll brief the press some crap like 'we never wanted the player'. So yes, we do lie, and the press is obviously going to report that - but it doesn't make it true. Other reporters don't get information from United - but get it from other sources, which can be reliable.

If this was 1996, on the day Shearer joined Newcastle we'd have told the press we weren't even looking for a striker.

CG1010

There can be different versions by reliable journalists as there are different sides to a transfer and each wants their version to prevail to help with the negotiations. This is the reason why blind trust on Romano by people here is almost laughable. He is just a pawn in the entire game.

gajender

Not saying anything about the credibility of Romano but about the bolded it very well could be Club just trying to change the narrative of us. Being taken for ride when it comes to wages and agent fees by first briefing Sancho camp is asking for Exorbitant wages + big agent fees then briefing they have agreed to much more reasonable offer and giving the impression United are improving in handling big money transfer and Sancho's camp just playing along with the narrative when in reality personal terms were never a problem.
You see that happen all the time with big transfers especially with big 2 in Spain.
But its all conjecture on my part it very well could be the case we were having difficulty in agreeing personal terms with Sancho and club briefed the journalists with the right information.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
https://theathletic.co.uk/2096090/2020/09/28/deadline-day-ornstein-sancho-lacazette-brewster/

Ornstein reporting in the Athletic that Brighton have an interest in taking James on loan. I would love him at Brighton, we'd play him in his correct position on the left wing and he'd fit perfectly with our fast style of play. He also obviously spent a season with Potter at Swansea.

Ornstein says at the moment James wants to stay and fight for his position, but I hope Ole decides to develop him with us for a season.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
https://theathletic.co.uk/2096090/2020/09/28/deadline-day-ornstein-sancho-lacazette-brewster/

Ornstein reporting in the Athletic that Brighton have an interest in taking James on loan. I would love him at Brighton, we'd play him in his correct position on the left wing and he'd fit perfectly with our fast style of play. He also obviously spent a season with Potter at Swansea.

Ornstein says at the moment James wants to stay and fight for his position, but I hope Ole decides to develop him with us for a season.
Brighton would be a great club for him. James needs a loan desperately. It will only happen if we get Sancho over the line though.

Thepinhead

I basically prove he's full of shit and you still argue? And I'm the weird one?

James Cooper, Simon Stone and Co get news from United. They all claim wages only just agreed few weeks ago.

You Romano worshipers are the weird ones. He's a con man.
You don't think United have any agendas with their briefings

dinostar77

Nou_Camp99 obviously doesn't rate Fabrizio Romano news. 1.9 million people on Twitter do. So who cares? Its getting tedious to keep reading hes a fake, hes a fake. If thats what some people think then fair enough. If you constantly want to go on about it why not make a Romano thread. I'm here for transfer news.

onemanarmy

Sancho, Telles and VDB in, Sanchez, Pereira and possibly Romero and Smalling out, would be close to a fantastic window. I still have high hopes. Jones, Mata, Rojo out next summer, with a CB, CDM in.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Nou_Camp99 obviously doesn't rate Fabrizio Romano news. 1.9 million people on Twitter do. So who cares? Its getting tedious to keep reading hes a fake, hes a fake. If thats what some people think then fair enough. If you constantly want to go on about it why not make a Romano thread. I'm here for transfer news.
This.

Josep Dowling

To the Romano thread.

Amerifan

Thanks. Tagliafico would be lower risk but can see why we wouldn’t go for him when Mykolenko fits our buy youth approach. Telles seems a step above them both.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Whitwell was shot down by Ornstein when he was reporting that we were gonna make a serious play for Kai Havertz. Ornstein reported that our interest wasn't serious which contradicted Whitwell.
Got a link to that? Whitwell is literally all mouthpiece and doesn’t come out with anything usually of his own accord.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Got a link to that? Whitwell is literally all mouthpiece and doesn’t come out with anything usually of his own accord.
I'd have to dig that up but Ornstein contradicted him on Havertz and was proven right.

Ornstein tbf is a experienced top level journo and it wasn't a surprise his information was correct.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Thanks. Tagliafico would be lower risk but can see why we wouldn’t go for him when Mykolenko fits our buy youth approach. Telles seems a step above them both.
Tagliafico would fit our youth policy better because it would allow the like of Carreras a couple of years to develop and then potentially challenge for a first team spot.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I'd have to dig that up but Ornstein contradicted him on Havertz and was proven right.

Ornstein tbf is a experienced top level journo and it wasn't a surprise his information was correct.
Yeah I agree but Whitwell gets all his info direct from the club.

The Urban Goose

Pretty much my thought when I read the term 'turn around'. Pereira and Jones got their extension after their "turn around".
Turn around? Every now and then I get a little bit nervous that the best of all the years have gone by.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
So its BS then??

EDIT:

Please don't post old tweets in this thread. They appear in the Transfer Tweets page which is the only thing some of us check to avoid the inane chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.