Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Whilst Dalot isn't as needed as a right back, he's still the primary backup option at left back. Outside of Théo Hernandez, AC Milan don't have anyone else who can play at left back. Given that he's not been too bad at left back, I can see AC Milan willing to buy him if they can't find another backup left back from somewhere.
Do you think they are going to waste their money by signing Dalot, a natural right back permanently just to be backup left back? May be if we tell them, you can get him for 5m.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Do you think they are going to sign Dalot, a natural right back permanently just to be backup left back? May be for 5m-10m, which nothing.
He's had some fairly decent performances at left back when Théo was out, including scoring a couple of goals from there. Whilst he's not left-footed, he's still been pretty useful going forward. The fact that he can also play at right back whenever required would be a bonus for them.

I don't think they'll want him for anything above 20 million Euros for sure. He's not worth that for Milan. However, I don't see too many left backs available who'd be better than Dalot and still be cheap. Maybe Hysaj, but he's similar to Dalot in his profile, and Napoli may not be willing to sell him to a rival. I wouldn't be surprised if we let him go for 15 million Euros.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

Regardless of what was said and done in the past, Pogba and his family have been happy to stay in Manchester and still are for however long Pogba will remain.
So Pogba's in no rush to sign a new deal and we're in no rush to offer him one, it's either posturing from both sides or both sides accept him leaving on a free

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
So Pogba's in no rush to sign a new deal and we're in no rush to offer him one, it's either posturing from both sides or both sides accept him leaving on a free
This is kind of going similarly to the Donnarumma contract situation. Previously, AC Milan, Donnarumma, and Raiola were relaxed about the whole thing, but when the talks started, that's when Donnarumma's high demands came to the fore, and AC Milan realised that they would be unable to match them.

I'm sort of expecting something similar here from Raiola: when the talks do commence, he'll start very high and won't budge one bit. United will then have to decide on whether they'll have to pay him very high wages or let him go for free.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Regardless of what was said and done in the past, Pogba and his family have been happy to stay in Manchester and still are for however long Pogba will remain.
This concerns me really. We are looking like a team that can challenge . With a CB and a right winger, we can actually compete- probably first time in many years. Pogba is a critical component of that and I just don't understand why aren't we prioritizing it.

Devil may care

So obviously you would look to bring in a proper DM but would you also want someone who could control the tempo too
Yes, and it needn't be a cruncher and a magician as such, we'll need one in there that can dictate a game and help the front 4, but I want the other midfielder to also be comfortable on the ball while being positionally more disciplined and astute.

RUCK4444

This concerns me really. We are looking like a team that can challenge . With a CB and a right winger, we can actually compete- probably first time in many years. Pogba is a critical component of that and I just don't understand why aren't we prioritizing it.
Totally agree, this should be a major priority for us along with our key targets in the summer.

I said previously that no matter how well we recruit in the summer (and I’m not expecting fireworks) it will be majorly tainted if we don’t extend Pogba’s stay here.

Zoo

Edinson Cavani will sign today his contract extension with Manchester United until June 2022. His goals, experience and positive personality in the internship lead him to the new bond.✍⚽

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

My brother told me that Ceballos went on a Spanish media outlet somewhat recently and talked about how he was a better fit in La Liga. His performance against Villareal flared up stories about his future, and I'm not surprised at him deciding to go back to Spain at this stage.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He's had some fairly decent performances at left back when Théo was out, including scoring a couple of goals from there. Whilst he's not left-footed, he's still been pretty useful going forward. The fact that he can also play at right back whenever required would be a bonus for them.

I don't think they'll want him for anything above 20 million Euros for sure. He's not worth that for Milan. However, I don't see too many left backs available who'd be better than Dalot and still be cheap. Maybe Hysaj, but he's similar to Dalot in his profile, and Napoli may not be willing to sell him to a rival. I wouldn't be surprised if we let him go for 15 million Euros.
AC Milan ain't paying that much for backup left back who is supposed to be right back mate. That's the problem.

Devil may care

Edinson Cavani will sign today his contract extension with Manchester United until June 2022. His goals, experience and positive personality in the internship lead him to the new bond.✍⚽
Good news, he's been injury prone as I figured but has more in the tank when fit than i thought, but mainly it buys us a year to strengthen other positions and then buy a long tern striker next summer, the bandages on his face and arm must be a result of Ole rather than his missus. :D

For a second I thought Barca had signed Bale.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
AC Milan ain't pay that much for backup left back who is supposed to be right back mate. That's the problem.
They'll be paying more for a left-footed left back who's equally good if not better. If they don't want to spend much, then they'll have to sacrifice on the quality and bring in someone worse. Someone like Kévin Malcuit might help, but again, he's in Napoli. There's also Stefano Denswil, but again, I don't think he's as good as Dalot from what I've seen.

If there were more left backs around who'd be a decent backup to Théo, I'd say there's no chance for Dalot to potentially sign for them. However, with a lack of decent full backs available, I don't see who they can bring in. If you have anyone in mind, feel free to suggest them.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
They'll be paying more for a left-footed left back who's equally good if not better. If they don't want to spend much, then they'll have to sacrifice on the quality and bring in someone worse. Someone like Kévin Malcuit might help, but again, he's in Napoli. There's also Stefano Denswil, but again, I don't think he's as good as Dalot from what I've seen.

If there were more left backs around who'd be a decent backup to Théo, I'd say there's no chance for Dalot to potentially sign for them. However, with a lack of decent full backs available, I don't see who they can bring in. If you have anyone in mind, feel free to suggest them.
Theo Hernandez cost them 21m. What makes you think they will pay backup by just 6m less? Kalulu only cost them less than 500k.

Dante

Average bang

He's waiting for the Euros to finish so that he can see if Real, PSG or Juve are interested. If none of them are willing to give him big money, he'll stay at United where we will.

Similarly, United are waiting to see if Pogba performs well enough in the Summer to raise his transfer fee above some set level like £60m. Any less than that, and it'd be a bad return on our investment. We'd probably want a big enough chunk to cover buying Grealish.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Theo Hernandez cost them 21m. What makes you think they will pay backup by just 6m less? Kalulu only cost them less than 500k.
Théo was unable to displace an aging Marcelo in his time there and was also loaned out in his second season as Sergio Reguilón went ahead of him. He didn't make a good impression at the club and was seen as a bit of a bad boy. In the end, he was unwanted and undesirable, and any club would struggle to get a high enough fee in that situation.

In Milan's case, they either pay for someone more reliable and dependable or go for someone who's in need of more refinement. Regardless of Kalulu's potential, he's still quite raw and needs further refinement in order to become more dependable. Dalot's ahead of him in that sense and can offer more consistency than Kalulu can at this time.

Note that this isn't just an argument for Dalot specifically. If they go after any full back around, they'll have to either pay a premium or risk going into next season without much, if any, depth. If AC Milan want to consolidate themselves in the top 4 and even compete for the title, they need more consistent backup options, and they aren't necessarily easy to find.

After doing some further investigation into other potential targets, here are a a couple of other potential options for AC Milan:
Mattia de Sciglio
Jordan Amavi

De Sciglio seems like the best available option for Milan, and he's unwanted at Juventus. Maybe we'll see him get linked back to AC Milan this summer.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
He's waiting for the Euros to finish so that he can see if Real, PSG or Juve are interested. If none of them are willing to give him big money, he'll stay at United where we will.

Similarly, United are waiting to see if Pogba performs well enough in the Summer to raise his transfer fee above some set level like £60m. Any less than that, and it'd be a bad return on our investment. We'd probably want a big enough chunk to cover buying Grealish.
Yeah, I think all of the hope is stemming from the fact that Pogba seems happy enough to play for United at this time, and he isn't sulking on or off the pitch. I think that both parties will be okay with moving on as long as United are able to get a good fee for him.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Théo was unable to displace an aging Marcelo in his time there and was also loaned out in his second season as Sergio Reguilón went ahead of him. He didn't make a good impression at the club and was seen as a bit of a bad boy. In the end, he was unwanted and undesirable, and any club would struggle to get a high enough fee in that situation.

In Milan's case, they either pay for someone more reliable and dependable or go for someone who's in need of more refinement. Regardless of Kalulu's potential, he's still quite raw and needs further refinement in order to become more dependable. Dalot's ahead of him in that sense and can offer more consistency than Kalulu can at this time.

Note that this isn't just an argument for Dalot specifically. If they go after any full back around, they'll have to either pay a premium or risk going into next season without much, if any, depth. If AC Milan want to consolidate themselves in the top 4 and even compete for the title, they need more consistent backup options, and they aren't necessarily easy to find.

After doing some further investigation into other potential targets, here are a a couple of other potential options for AC Milan:
Mattia de Sciglio
Jordan Amavi

De Sciglio seems like the best available option for Milan, and he's unwanted at Juventus. Maybe we'll see him get linked back to AC Milan this summer.
I think what you are missing here is that AC Milan is not as rich as the English teams. Thus, they went for Theo as their regular left back, Kalulu as their prospect full back and do loan deal such as Dalot. 15m-20m for backup is still considered very expensive for them, that value is the cost of Bennacer and Kessie, their main players. It makes no sense to pay such money on backup when they still need to spend on the starting XI. They only spent less than 30m last summer and they didn't have net spent but net profit last summer.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I think what you are missing here is that AC Milan is not as rich as the English teams. Thus, they went for Theo as their regular left back, Kalulu as their prospect full back and do loan deal such as Dalot. 15m-20m for backup is still considered very expensive for them, that value is the cost of Bennacer and Kessie, their main players. It makes no sense to pay such money on backup when they still need to spend on the starting XI. They only spent less than 30m last summer and they didn't have net spent but net profit last summer.
I'm aware of their financial difficulties. I'm just highlighting that Milan are in a bit of a pickle now, and we've seen them try to devalue not only Dalot but Tomori, recently. I wouldn't be surprised if similar stories were to come out about Brahim Diaz.

According to Gazzetta, both Brahim and Dalot have a 25 million Euro release clause, and Tomori has a 40 million Euro one. Tomori's release clause is apparently negotiated down to 30 million Euros now, which is still higher than Bennacer's fee. On Kessié, Milan spent 8 million Euros + 24 million more to secure him, which was a decent outlay but well worth it in the end. Ultimately, Milan have to spend to get some decent backup and depth. They can't hope to get every good backup player for 5-10 million Euros. Milan would do a good job if they get Dalot for 10 million Euros less than his apparent release clause.

Ultimately, Milan are kind of in trouble, and missing out on the CL will hurt them big time.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I'm aware of their financial difficulties. I'm just highlighting that Milan are in a bit of a pickle now, and we've seen them try to devalue not only Dalot but Tomori, recently. I wouldn't be surprised if similar stories were to come out about Brahim Diaz.

According to Gazzetta, both Brahim and Dalot have a 25 million Euro release clause, and Tomori has a 40 million Euro one. Tomori's release clause is apparently negotiated down to 30 million Euros now, which is still higher than Bennacer's fee. On Kessié, Milan spent 8 million Euros + 24 million more to secure him, which was a decent outlay but well worth it in the end. Ultimately, Milan have to spend to get some decent backup and depth. They can't hope to get every good backup player for 5-10 million Euros. Milan would do a good job if they get Dalot for 10 million Euros less than his apparent release clause.

Ultimately, Milan are kind of in trouble, and missing out on the CL will hurt them big time.
Well, I doubt they will spend the money on Tomori but if they did, mainly because their plan was to make him as their regular CB. On the other hand, Dalot will not be regular. You can't expect them to sign 15m-20m on Dalot as per your original post. Of course they can get good backup for 5-10m. Inter got Young for peanut and Darmian for free. They got Dalot on loan aka less than 5-10m.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Well, I doubt they will spend the money on Tomori but if they did, mainly because their plan was to make him as their regular CB. On the other hand, Dalot will not be regular. You can't expect them to sign 15m-20m on Dalot as per your original post. Of course they can get good backup for 5-10m. Inter got Young for peanut and Darmian for free. They got Dalot on loan aka less than 5-10m.
United won't let him go for a small fee, that's for sure, and unless they get a free agent like Hysaj (if Napoli don't renew his contract) or bring de Sciglio back, I struggle to see them finding someone else adequate. There isn't a readily-available full back like Young or Darmian who they can bring in for a cheap outlay. That's not to say that Dalot will sign for Milan this summer, but Milan don't have enough options.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
United won't let him go for a small fee, that's for sure, and unless they get a free agent like Hysaj (if Napoli don't renew his contract) or bring de Sciglio back, I struggle to see them finding someone else adequate. There isn't a readily-available full back like Young or Darmian who they can bring in for a cheap outlay. That's not to say that Dalot will sign for Milan this summer, but Milan don't have enough options.
If you want to expect players to be sold for decent amount after loan deal then you need to expect them to perform first. Milan will not pay 15m-20m on him to be backup. You can tell based on their transfer history.

jesperjaap

Yeah, I think all of the hope is stemming from the fact that Pogba seems happy enough to play for United at this time, and he isn't sulking on or off the pitch. I think that both parties will be okay with moving on as long as United are able to get a good fee for him.
I really wish we would sell him despite his good form the last couple of months. He still holds value and is obviously a talented player...but his best performances are on the left or as a number 10 for me, have been far more poor ones than good in the double pivot. Either we change the formation to build around him, when we cant trust him still, we drop Rashford or Fernandes....or we cash in and buy a replacement that suits our central midfield needs more.

Personally think he is better on the left than Rashford, but Rashford isnt a striker and never looks convincing on the right. With some of the youngsters comign through that can play on the left as well as the likes of Greenwood and James can also play there, I just think I would rather have Rashford there, a £70m+ possible fee and buy a replacement more suited to our needs which helps the team more consistently than Pogba even though they may not be as talented.

Admittedtly part of this comes from being sick and tired of the agent and press rumours etc etc that he has never really come out and put to bed, almost the opposite, he seems to enjoy it almost to me. That along with being inconsistent generally the whole timer here, really sloppy losing the ball in the pivot, though we have been a better side with him in no doubt since coming back from injury, there are more reasons to sell him than keep him for me, some personal but also football ones too

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
If you want to expect players to be sold for decent amount after loan deal then you need to expect them to perform first. Milan will not pay 15m-20m on him to be backup. You can tell based on their transfer history.
I never said that they will. I said that United would be okay with going as low as 15 million Euros. Whether AC Milan will want to pay that is a whole other story, and I've reiterated this multiple times in my previous posts. I've also mentioned that AC Milan will have a tough time finding depth and strengthening their overall squad if they're only looking to spend up to 10 million Euros. Options like that are not necessarily easy to find, and that's without considering the wages that the players could demand.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I really wish we would sell him despite his good form the last couple of months. He still holds value and is obviously a talented player...but his best performances are on the left or as a number 10 for me, have been far more poor ones than good in the double pivot. Either we change the formation to build around him, when we cant trust him still, we drop Rashford or Fernandes....or we cash in and buy a replacement that suits our central midfield needs more.

Personally think he is better on the left than Rashford, but Rashford isnt a striker and never looks convincing on the right. With some of the youngsters comign through that can play on the left as well as the likes of Greenwood and James can also play there, I just think I would rather have Rashford there, a £70m+ possible fee and buy a replacement more suited to our needs which helps the team more consistently than Pogba even though they may not be as talented.

Admittedtly part of this comes from being sick and tired of the agent and press rumours etc etc that he has never really come out and put to bed, almost the opposite, he seems to enjoy it almost to me. That along with being inconsistent generally the whole timer here, really sloppy losing the ball in the pivot, though we have been a better side with him in no doubt since coming back from injury, there are more reasons to sell him than keep him for me, some personal but also football ones too
If we can get a high-enough fee for Pogba, then yeah, that'll work out very well for the whole team. With that said, the creativity that we've been getting from Pogba on the left side has not been matched by any other player in terms of consistency. Despite having 8 assists this season, Rashford doesn't have the passing that Pogba demonstrates nor has he demonstrated the quicker decision-making that Pogba has demonstrated in recent weeks and even months. Maybe when Rashford fully recovers from his foot injury, we can see an even better player, but at this time, Pogba has given us value.

In the long run, yeah, he is looking like an awkward fit in the squad, and to accommodate him, you either play him against overly defensive teams or put a second defensively adept player in the midfield (3-man midfield) or attack (left wing). I also wouldn't rule out Rashford this soon as an effective right-wing attacker; I want to see if he can be more consistent there after some good performances this season before his injury came to the fore.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
If we sell Pogba who do we realistically replace him with? Seems to me there hasn't been a standout available midfielder for a few years now.

hungrywing

Bolded part.

It's actually not too severe in his case; but it's there and consistent with a lot of his other behaviors.

R77

If we sell Pogba who do we realistically replace him with? Seems to me there hasn't been a standout available midfielder for a few years now.
I think another benefit of him playing more wide left is that he's kinda easier to replace, if he does go. IMO. Someone like Sancho is a very different player but would maybe offer a similar output in terms of creativity and goal/assist contributions. It's true that he has a fairly unique skill set as a central midfielder that would be almost impossible to replace, but he's not been playing there anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.