Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drizzle

Dortmund barely have any money left in their budget and they probably couldn't afford or attract Chiesa after he made it at Juve (and the EC) even in the best of circumstances
Unless they're expecting another big cash influx from selling Haaland of course...

Micky Targaryen

So when Pogba leaves, and we didn't get to sign a replacement midfielder in time for the start of the season (or even sign a midfielder in this window), what will be our best and most likely midfield formation?

Judas

Open to offers
So when Pogba leaves, and we didn't get to sign a replacement midfielder in time for the start of the season (or even sign a midfielder in this window), what will be our best and most likely midfield formation?
How can you see the moves we've made already and think we'd possibly go into the season in that situation? We won't.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Unless they're expecting another big cash influx from selling Haaland of course...
Even then, they'd probably need to buy another striker, there is nothing to suggest they could convince Chiesa to leave Juve to spend his best years with them and they would easily have to double or triple their current transfer record while Corona is still an ongoing crisis.

Micky Targaryen

How can you see the moves we've made already and think we'd possibly go into the season in that situation? We won't.
Just managing my expectations mate based off previous seasons disappointments haha of course I would love it if we signed an ideal replacement. Just asking in a scenario that we don't sign one, are our current midfielders good enough to start the season.

theklr

Same as usual, 4-2-3-1 with McFred and Bruno in the mid.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Did I read Madrid aren’t signing a new centre back? Who do they have in defence?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Did I read Madrid aren’t signing a new centre back? Who do they have in defence?
They're being a little smarter than Barcelona in reducing their wage bill before they can invest in someone like Mbappe. It might be a pipe dream but its not a bad idea to have some cleaner finances in the situation that league finds itself.

McTominay/Fred/Matic
—————— DVB
Bruno———————

I think we bought DVB as a potential Pogba replacement so I’d imagine he’d be given a run of games there in the event Pogba left.

izec

They're being a little smarter than Barcelona in reducing their wage bill before they can invest in someone like Mbappe. It might be a pipe dream but its not a bad idea to have some cleaner finances in the situation that league finds itself.
Their CB collection isnt good enough. No point in adding Mbappe when you leak goals, something they will find out this season. Alaba and Militao are decent on paper, but they barely have any quality backups in that back four and injuries will happen.

theklr

Their CB collection isnt good enough. No point in adding Mbappe when you leak goals, something they will find out this season. Alaba and Militao are decent on paper, but they barely have any quality backups in that back four and injuries will happen.
Can see they going for Torres as soon as they can.

cyberman

I think theyre doing well in disguising their finacial situation under the guise of preparing for a player who might not come.
Why would Mbappe come to this Madrid side and if theyre struggling for money then its literally Mbappe in this Madrid side.
It doesnt add up

Last edited:

vanrooney

i like grealish a lot but he wont fit in with us as he is best on the left and we have rashy pogba and even martial there right now. dont know if he would fit in at city

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I know different star value and all but didn't Delph do the same? Sign a new new contract and move in same window?
Not sure Villa gave a toss about Delph who scored 3 times in over 100 games. Besides he came from Leeds and was hardly a local hero

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
why? They already have strong attack, it wouldn’t change much for them, just adding squad depth
I feel the same. A signing like Dias was huge for them last season because that was one of the few obvious gaps in quality/ consistency for them but Grealish, great as he is, will just be replacing another high quality performer in a high quality attack.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I feel the same. A signing like Dias was huge for them last season because that was one of the few obvious gaps in quality/ consistency for them but Grealish, great as he is, will just be replacing another high quality performer in a high quality attack.
Not sure if Grealish has the discipline to play in a Pep system. You also wonder if you get that good so signings cannot improve you any further.

yamo123x

i like grealish a lot but he wont fit in with us as he is best on the left and we have rashy pogba and even martial there right now. dont know if he would fit in at city
so you wouldnt want him on that basis?
Rashford was horrible for 50% of the season and likely to miss start of the season, Martial even worse and Pogba wants out....

Mr Smith

so you wouldnt want him on that basis?
Rashford was horrible for 50% of the season and likely to miss start of the season, Martial even worse and Pogba wants out....
It's irrelevant though as we don't have the money for Grealish this summer. I'm not even totally convinced that City do.

Status
Not open for further replies.