Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

UpWithRivers

More info on the Locatelli transfer:
  • Juve upped their offer to 35 million Euros
    • Structure: 3-year loan w/ conditional purchase obligation (CL qualification)
  • Fee closer to what Sassuolo want; no agreement yet, however
    • Sassuolo want more conditions to trigger a mandatory purchase
I never understand how Juve get away with this. Sure the players want to stay in Italy but does that literally mean they can make any stupid offer they want. 3 year loan! Whats next payment in cheese from the directors farm and a free signed shirt from Ronaldo? Is it really so set in stone that they cant move out of Italy that a top team cant just offer an extra 5 mill extra and pay Locatelli an extra 10,20 grand a week and they wouldn't take it?

Satissh12

@FabrizioRomano: Everton have approached Manchester United for Andreas Pereira. Many clubs are interested in signing Andreas on loan, Man Utd still prioritize permanent sale #EFC #MUFC @mattemoretto

As per @fredcaldeira, Flamengo asked for Andreas Pereira on loan sharing his salary.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Send him to Everton if they're paying his wages and a fee, he's not good enough for us and it will trim a year off his contract as said earlier.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
That's his last big contract I guess. Hopefully he's nowhere near as good after his injury and they're left paying high wages to somebody who isn't up to it.

Big stretch though
He will never be as good as he was. It is impossible. That player is gone. He can be very good, but not at the same level.

RU Devil

Source:

The 3 options:
  • Everton
  • Flamengo: Salary would be split between Flamengo and United
  • Fenerbahce: yet to make a bid
United prefer a sale, so as it stands, Everton's offer might tempt United the most.
Take Everton's offer & stick on a sell-on clause. He needs PT.

theklr

He will never be as good as he was. It is impossible. That player is gone. He can be very good, but not at the same level.
Has noone ever fully come back/recovered fully from that kind of injury in the history of football? Im genuinly curious here.

I mean, many doubted Shaw , but that is maybe not the same kind of injury.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Has noone ever fully come back/recovered fully from that kind of injury in the history of football? Im genuinly curious here.

Athletes have fully recovered from worse. Some people are still stuck back in the 90’s in regards to things like sports medicine.

Acquire Me

I read somewhere that you will never recover 100%, but you can be a just as good anyways. If that makes sense.

I read another article about another athlete who had the same issue. His problem was sharpness. He had lost that little sharpness that made him a bit better than others. He eventually got better though.

sillwuka

@FabrizioRomano: Everton have approached Manchester United for Andreas Pereira. Many clubs are interested in signing Andreas on loan, Man Utd still prioritize permanent sale #EFC #MUFC @mattemoretto

As per @fredcaldeira, Flamengo asked for Andreas Pereira on loan sharing his salary.

Take what they offer, I'm surprised a top half club are interested in him.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag

Not when it's soft tissue damage. Not to that extent. That thing about sports science improving to that extent is not true. Not unless they've discovered a way to regrow ligaments other than from cadavers or from tendon. Shaw had a broken leg. Broken bones heal and get stronger.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Good decision on Amad. I'm sure if he impresses we can make room in the squad with Mata retiring and/or sales.

Potential Camavinga replacement?

Translation:

For the moment, though, Alvarez is not for sale.
Always thought he was quite shite, but Ajax fans seem opposed to the move.

They do need another destroyer if they sell, so I could see a domino effect by the end of the window involving a bunch of DMs.

UTD_Since_1978

I don't think a loan to FC Basel would benefit Amad, he's got to be getting used to playing at a PL standard.

R'hllor

Oh great, God knows that we do great loans and have high benefits from it...

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
On Thilo Kehrer: Leverkusen's offer exists as L'Equipe announced, but the player is no longer very keen to leave. In the [PSG] locker room, the German ensures that he will stay...and Leverkusen has already activated other [transfer] tracks (in CB and RB)

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Palace would be great once he gets games. Plays in the Prem, easy to keep an eye on him.
On the contrary, I think it might be a disaster waiting to unfold. Very little investment in the team and Vieira doesn't exactly inspire confidence as a manager at this level.

diarm

Palace would be great once he gets games. Plays in the Prem, easy to keep an eye on him.
Am I remembering correctly that Eze is out with a long term injury?

If so, there should be space for Amad to get proper game time.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters

He is indeed unfortunately.

Although there may be a worry that he'd come back and replace Amad.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Source:

The quoted Tweet from RMadridistaReal states that Camavinga may just run down his contract and choose his club next summer.
PSG on a free then.

dinostar77

Eze is out of the season. Ruptured achillies in a freak training ground incident or something.

SAF is the GOAT

I wouldn't count on Vieira to bring out the best of Amad.

I would rather to loan him to a better club than CP.

ATXRedDevil

Not when it's soft tissue damage. Not to that extent. That thing about sports science improving to that extent is not true. Not unless they've discovered a way to regrow ligaments other than from cadavers or from tendon. Shaw had a broken leg. Broken bones heal and get stronger.
Not true at all.

Ruud tore his ACL before joining United and I think we'd all agree he was brilliant for us. Alex Morgan (US women's player) tore her ACL in high school and went on to be one of the best footballers in the women's game. Shearer tore his ACL at Blackburn in the mid 90s and seemed to have a pretty good career at Newcastle...

Outside of football - The season after tearing his ACL and MCL in December, Adrian Peterson played in the first game of the following season 8.5 months later, finished the season 9 yards shy of breaking the single season rushing record, was named first team all NFL and voted the best player in the league. There are numerous other examples in the NFL and NBA.

Do all athletes come back as strong or stronger after ACL (or other soft tissue) injuries? No, of course not. But let's not pretend it's unprecedented. VVD can absolutely come back at his prior level, especially as a CB. It's not like he's a marauding winger.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Official: Jannik Vestergaard signs for Leicester City

According to Rob Dorsett, his fee is 15 million Pounds in total.
That's a very good signing. I certainly wouldn't mind him either as a third choice CB here, upgrade on what we have here bar Maguire and Varane, but we need to get rid first, which is really annoying. Bailly and Jones stinking the place for way too long.

Withnail

I read somewhere that you will never recover 100%, but you can be a just as good anyways. If that makes sense.

I read another article about another athlete who had the same issue. His problem was sharpness. He had lost that little sharpness that made him a bit better than others. He eventually got better though.
Yeah I heard some journalist/pundit say earlier (can't remember who) that it could take him months to get back to his best, based on what he knew of other players who'd been through something similar.

He could still be class though. Didn't Vidic do all of the cruciates?

Status
Not open for further replies.