Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesperjaap

Awful signing imo. He’s got some of the worst handling I’ve ever seen in a keeper. Delighted they’ve spent that much on him.
Decent young players but £80m on Ransdale and Ben White, to me looks like poor business value wise. As you mention Ramsdales handling isnt great, he is just 23 though so very young for a keeper but I dont see anything outstanding in him. SImilar with White he is pretty good on the ball but defensively again I dont see anything special. Doing the simple lazy argument, there are dozens of players on the continent as good as though two Arsenal could have spent more like 20/30% of the overall fees on.

I think Arteta will be in serious trouble bu Christmas if he lasts that long

jesperjaap

Coutinho to stay?
Confess I have barely seen half an hour of Moriba, but is he actually that good and is he a viable option for our midfield needs? Youtube is youtube but nothing particularly stood out from what I have seen

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Confess I have barely seen half an hour of Moriba, but is he actually that good and is he a viable option for our midfield needs? Youtube is youtube but nothing particularly stood out from what I have seen
He's a very, very promising midfielder. He's calm in possession, full of energy, and terrific at carrying the ball into space as well as maintaining possession under pressure. His passing isn't necessarily expansive, but he's consistent with them and keeps things ticking.

I don't think he'll necessarily offer us too much in our 4-2-3-1 at this time. Sure, he'll bring the ball forward and make space by drawing defenders towards him, but his passing isn't incisive enough, and he won't necessarily be reliable enough defensively. He's a tireless runner and can apply pressure well, but he gets dragged out of position way too easily and requires cover from 2 midfielders or 1 midfielder + a back 3.

SAF is the GOAT

Look what 1 linking to United can provide for you.
until last week nobody knew who is this guy and Tottenham wants him.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Official: Andreas Pereira heads out on loan to Flamengo

Interestingly, United did not disclose whether there is a purchase option in the loan deal though Flamengo did.

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Official: Fulham sign Rodrigo Muniz from Flamengo

Fulham were chasing him for a while. They'll be happy to have finally signed him.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I forgot to do this earlier, but @NYAS do you have info on Muniz? He seems promising, but I don't know much about him. Also, let us know how Pereira does at Flamengo. Hopefully he does well enough to continue on with them next season.

saivet

There's no positive in this loan deal for us. Like the Lazio loan, the option to buy price has less than a 1% chance of being met.

Matt851

There's no positive in this loan deal for us. Like the Lazio loan, the option to buy price has less than a 1% chance of being met.
Its sheer idiocy. Hard to see how they couldnt have got someone else willing to pay half his salary who might have paid £10m at the end of the period e.g. a lower league pl club

pascell

Awful, awful deal for us. Buy option of €20m plus 20% of any transfer going forward? Good god, we have some morons in charge of transfers. Shouldn't have priced him so high and we'd have likely got more takers.

NYAS

I forgot to do this earlier, but @NYAS do you have info on Muniz? He seems promising, but I don't know much about him. Also, let us know how Pereira does at Flamengo. Hopefully he does well enough to continue on with them next season.
He’s very good, only had a short time to showcase what he could do but in that time he’s done great. Flamengo usually have a 3rd striker spot in their squad for an up and coming youngster, and when Lincoln was sold to Vissel Kobe, Muniz took his place. Exploded onto the scene during the Rio state championship earlier this year, then took the main striker spot for a few weeks while Gabigol was at the Copa and Pedro was playing friendlies for the Olympic team and then had Covid. He would be a starter if Flamengo didn’t have the best 2 strikers in South America (honourable mention to Hulk).

Great finisher and very good aerially. I’m not sure if he’s at the very top tier of potential but he was being linked to better teams than Fulham earlier, like Atletico. So it seems a great signing. I’m interested to see if he can continue with that level of performance.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Awful, awful deal for us. Buy option of €20m plus 20% of any transfer going forward? Good god, we have some morons in charge of transfers. Shouldn't have priced him so high and we'd have likely got more takers.
Lowering the price and demands wouldn't have made a difference for United, unfortunately. Pereira only wanted Flamengo and wasn't interested in joining any other club. Everton and Fenerbahce were also interested, and Fenerbahce were even willing to purchase Pereira.

tuk3r

Fed up waiting on United transfer news only to hear it's outgoings and not incoming! :)

Still, decent window from United. :)

pascell

Lowering the price and demands wouldn't have made a difference for United, unfortunately. Pereira only wanted Flamengo and wasn't interested in joining any other club. Everton and Fenerbahce were also interested, and Fenerbahce were even willing to purchase Pereira.
We valued Pereira at €25m apparently, no ones going to pay that for him, Flamengo wouldn't even offer €10m for him I bet, never mind €20m.

Absolutely shocking from our part, all the outgoings apart from Laird so far have all been poor.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
@mazhar13 how do you feel about it now?
The club's hands were tied. If United had a choice, then they'd have possibly sold him to a European team. No loan fee is a bummer, but what's done is done now. As much as United fans don't rate Pereira, overall, he's not a terrible player (clearly not United standard, but he's not a low-tier footballer). I think he'll do fine in the Brazilian league. If Gabigol and Gerson could leave Europe and thrive in Flamengo, then so can Pereira. €20m is a bit of a stretch, but here's hoping that Pereira makes a big impact. I'd have taken €15m, personally.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
This part suprised me. He seems to think he can make it to Brazil squad so he went there. If he think he can't hack it in European football then I don't he has any chance of making it to Brazil team. Not sure how much preference is given for Brazilian league for national squad

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
We valued Pereira at €25m apparently, no ones going to pay that for him, Flamengo wouldn't even offer €10m for him I bet, never mind €20m.

Absolutely shocking from our part, all the outgoings apart from Laird so far have all been poor.
Flamengo paid more money for worse players and bigger European flops. Whilst €20m might be too much (it'll make Pereira Flamengo's most expensive player), I can see them paying €15m if they were willing to negotiate.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
This part suprised me. He seems to think he can make it to Brazil squad so he went there. If he think he can't hack it in European football then I don't he has any chance of making it to Brazil team. Not sure how much preference is given for Brazilian league for national squad
Gabriel Barbosa a.k.a. Gabigol and Everton Ribeiro both feature regularly for Brazil despite playing for Flamengo. Pereira's hoping he can join them in doing that.

Infra-red

Fed up waiting on United transfer news only to hear it's outgoings and not incoming! :)

Still, decent window from United. :)
There won't be any incomings without outgoings. The problem is, we haven't managed to sell a single player this summer. Nobody is interested in our overpriced deadwood.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Additional €1m bonus could take the purchase fee up to €7m. The option becomes an obligation depending on how often Pellegri appears for AC Milan. The agreement is contingent on the future sale percentage, after which the deal will be closed.

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
  • Thuram
    • Gladbach lowered fee from €30m to €25m
    • Inter are €5m off from the lowered fee but hope to find an agreement via bonuses on top of the fee.
  • Correa
    • Lazio demanding €40m
    • Inter hope that the player's agent can convince Lazio to lower the fee.
  • If Inter have an agreement for both players, Inzaghi will have the final say over which player he wants.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Something may happen. Atlético does not stop believing in signing Dusan Vlahovic. The rojiblancos push a lot and they will wait until Sunday. Soon, Fiorentina's owner will speak to the forward who does not close the exit door.
  • Altetico's offer
    • €50m base fee
    • €10m in easy bonuses
    • 20% sell-on clause
  • Vlahovic's Atletico Madrid salary: €4.5m-5m per season

Last edited:

sparx99

You still have to do right by the player. If he wanted to go to Flamengo and we had no choice there serious offers then what can you do?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
  • Another option alongside Thorsby
  • Fiorentina reluctant to sell him
    • They will gauge his desire to leave before deciding whether to let him go or no.

James35

So who are we loaning Pereira to next summer?

Can't wait to see him back in pre season training next summer with Mata, Jones, Lingard, Matic...

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
  • Toma Basic
    • Gap between offer and demand is now €500k
    • Possible final fee: €10m
  • Filip Kostic: negotiations ongoing but no agreement yet

Matt851

The club's hands were tied. If United had a choice, then they'd have possibly sold him to a European team. No loan fee is a bummer, but what's done is done now. As much as United fans don't rate Pereira, overall, he's not a terrible player (clearly not United standard, but he's not a low-tier footballer). I think he'll do fine in the Brazilian league. If Gabigol and Gerson could leave Europe and thrive in Flamengo, then so can Pereira. €20m is a bit of a stretch, but here's hoping that Pereira makes a big impact. I'd have taken €15m, personally.
Were the clubs hands really tied?. The flamengo deal was plainly terrible, therefore we could have turned it down and if andreas refused to go elsewhere put him in the reserves. All we woild have lost if we couldnt sell him elsewhere was a contribution to his wages

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Were the clubs hands really tied?. The flamengo deal was plainly terrible, therefore we could have turned it down and if andreas refused to go elsewhere put him in the reserves. All we woild have lost if we couldnt sell him elsewhere was a contribution to his wages
That's exactly why we let him go. He's not good enough for us, and we've saved a bit of money by letting him go to Flamengo. If he'd stuck around for another season, not only would we have lost more money but an unhappy Andreas with barely any minutes would bring his value down even further.

Status
Not open for further replies.