Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I know it's not called the united tweets thread you tool. That's my argument.

You should work for the Glazers, they have a similar attitude towards fans of their club as you have for members of this site.

Jog off yourself ya hypocrite.
How am I a hypocrite? I’ve asked you to respect the rules that were posted.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I know. My tolerance for shit is at an all time low at the moment. You should see my other post above :lol:

I've only made a suggestion as to how the site could be improved and have been told to jog on. Whatever happened to the customer is right etc.
Except that you're not a customer. You're being allowed to use a free website at the pleasure of those who run it.

golden_blunder

Staff
I know. My tolerance for shit is at an all time low at the moment. You should see my other post above :lol:

I've only made a suggestion as to how the site could be improved and have been told to jog on. Whatever happened to the customer is right etc.
First of all you’ve been here long enough to know that we turn that down every year, the owner of the site doesn’t want it. You know the format of the thread. @Damien posted clarity and a warning to everyone what would happen this year because we aren’t going to listen to it.
lastly insulting someone isn’t the way forward.
So if you don’t like it here or it doesn’t suit you, yes you can jog on

MichaelRed

Sell:
Martial - £50m
Lingard - £25m
Matic - £8m
Lindelof - £40m

Total: £123

Buy:
Kane or Haaland - £110m
Sancho - £80m
Varane - £40m

Total: £230m

Difference of £107m

De Gea, Mata, Romero could also be going + we would need a backup keeper and 2nd right back (Dalot back?)
If DDG leaves then we'd need another first choice goalkeeper & he's not likely to have an suitors when he's on 350k a week. I don't think Martial would fetch 50m, nor 40m for lindelof (I'd probably knock off 10m from each), but I do like your 'sell' list but surely we replace Kane/Haaland on that buying list with 2 midfielders? We've got Rashford, Cavani & Greenwood that can play in strike for us & possibly still Martial if he's not sold but after moving on Matic we'd only have Fred, McTominay, Pogba & VDB for midfield? VDB can't get a sniff, Pogba gets shunted on to the wing and McTominay & Fred can't even pass water.

NYAS

This has been going on for a while, to be fair. Aubameyang had his Dortmund contract extended in "secret" in 2017. Who knows how many more such cases exist?
If I remember correctly, Sancho’s extension with Dortmund was also only announced as a new contract, and then through reliable sources that it include a bump in wages. Nobody knew the contract was extended until 2023 until a Zorc interview in that Bad Ragaz summer. I don’t get it.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I don't think it would be that hard to offload them.

Martial - Could be part of a swap deal? I could see him at Spurs and £50m as part of an exchange seems a fair price.
Lingard - A lot of clubs have shown interest in the last few weeks. Again, £25m in todays market with at least 5/6years left in him and his form? Bargain
Matic - Rumours Roma/Jose want him. £8m is about right.
Lindelof - Has been part of one of the best defences in the league last year and generally has been good + still only 26. £35-40m shouldnt be hard to achieve.

De Gea - No problem selling, Mata - a few Spanish clubs have been linked, Romero heading to America.
Martial & DDG are on high wages. Not going to be easy, I can see both are staying while Dean will leave to Dortmund as part of Sancho's deal since they need a new keeper and can afford his wages.

Matic & Lingard are realistic but not Lindelof.

Falcow

Except that you're not a customer. You're being allowed to use a free website at the pleasure of those who run it.
Give me a break pal. Like this website would exist without its members. The business model here is no different to Facebook's, attract members/users and advertise. In fairness Zuckerberg probably has the same cyclical view of Facebook's members as you do of the users here.

"Allowed to use a free website at the pleasure of those who run it". Seriously man.

Thank you master for allowing me to use your website.

Withnail

Give me a break pal. Like this website would exist without its members. The business model here is no different to Facebook's, attract members/users and advertise. In fairness Zuckerberg probably has the same cyclical view of Facebook's members as you do of the users here.

"Allowed to use a free website at the pleasure of those who run it". Seriously man.

What a hill to die on. Recycled, mostly bullshit, transfer tweets on a forum thread. Jesus wept :lol:

Raoul

Admin
Staff

You're welcome.

Sanche7

I don't post much, I like to just read the posts than write something myself, but this is just totally wrong. I like you Raoul and I know what I think may not even matter to you, but this makes it sound like the people who run the site are doing us a big favor by letting us use the site for free. That's very demeaning or that's what I felt reading that. Sorry for posting something that's non transfer related, but felt something had to be said

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Let's get more Tweets in, this time about promising young Brazilians being picked up by City Football Group:

Fingeredmouse

The Transfer tweet thread somehow manages to be a deeply controversial thread with highly emotive arguments every year. It's mystifying. Back to the realtive calm of the Israel/Palestine thread.

Brophs

The One and Only

There's no vaccination against being an absolute feckin' legend, wha'?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I don't post much, I like to just read the posts than write something myself, but this is just totally wrong. I like you Raoul and I know what I think may not even matter to you, but this makes it sound like the people who run the site are doing us a big favor by letting us use the site for free. That's very demeaning or that's what I felt reading that. Sorry for posting something that's non transfer related, but felt something had to be said
It was a reality check for a rude and disruptive poster who apparently thought he could insult moderators at will and get away with it. That is literally the fastest and easiest way to get ushered out the door here.

Good posters who are polite and constructive are incredibly valuable and frequently provide a lot of positive feedback to help improve the site (the existence of the Tweet thread being a prime example).

No Love

@mazhar13 you’re off to a strong start again this year. Keeping the tweets coming, despite all the bitching and moaning going on. Top stuff.

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
This whole thing fecking stinks.
Eh RBL and Salzburg have been allowed to do it, no one was throwing their toys out the pram for it. When precedent is allowed to be set we can’t turn around and complain when one of our rivals uses that precedent.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
This whole thing fecking stinks.
It's not a surprise, unfortunately. Brazil have so, so many talented players, and both City and Red Bull have established themselves there in order to tap into that talent pool. We tried, too, via a partnership with one of the lower-level Brazilian clubs (was it Red Bull Brasil/Bragantino?), but we're behind when it comes to our presence in Brazil. Even Real Madrid fare better with acquiring young, great Brazilian talent.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
I know it's not called the united tweets thread you tool. That's my argument.

You should work for the Glazers, they have a similar attitude towards fans of their club as you have for members of this site.

Jog off yourself ya hypocrite.
Yeah Geebs!!!!!!!!

jesperjaap

I don’t think I can watch martial moping about and not putting effort in for another season. Maybe people are focusing on goals too much
Yes though I said he would start over Ings, that doesnt mean I like him either. I think he is one of a few talented players who for one reason or another have never really consistently performed here. The comment was more to do with not thinking we should sign Ings, who I think is a good striker, but he would be a squad signing and personally I dont see the point of squad signings this summer, when we have a few first elven players who shoul dbe squad players. For me signing a squad player doesnt improve the side. Signing a first eleven player that demotes a current first eleven player that is maybe not good enough to the bench, does improve the side

Matthew84!

Martial & DDG are on high wages. Not going to be easy, I can see both are staying while Dean will leave to Dortmund as part of Sancho's deal since they need a new keeper and can afford his wages.

Matic & Lingard are realistic but not Lindelof.
Why do you think just because DDG and Martial is on high wages they won't leave?
I don't want to point out that it's complete crap but Martial moans if he's not starting so good chance he's being sold anyway.
DDG has just finished his 10th year so he'll get a pay off to leave the same as Sanchez, as we all know Sanchez had to take a big pay cut to leave on a permanent deal. I think its called a golden handshake.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
  • Cagliari's initial 3-million-Euro offer was too low for Inter.
  • 2nd offer: 5 million Euros
    • 2 million up front
    • Cagliari will give up the league title bonus that Inter owe them from the Barella deal

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Not sure how reliable James Benge & Watts are, so apologies in advance.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Not sure how reliable James Benge & Watts are, so apologies in advance.

Football.London journalists do have decent links to their respective London clubs (like Chris Wheatley and Alasdair Gold), but I'm not sure if that was the case with all of them. There might be something to this story, but I'd hesitant to take this too seriously given that no other reliable outlet has reported on this.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Football.London journalists do have decent links to their respective London clubs (like Chris Wheatley and Alasdair Gold), but I'm not sure if that was the case with all of them. There might be something to this story, but I'd hesitant to take this too seriously given that no other reliable outlet has reported on this.
Thanks. I did have a look at the lists before posting but couldn't see them mentioned.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Thanks. I did have a look at the lists before posting but couldn't see them mentioned.
I wouldn't say that Benge is bad; he did have some decent scoops, so there could be something to it, especially since this isn't the first time that Arsenal are going after Buendia.

golden_blunder

Staff
Yes though I said he would start over Ings, that doesnt mean I like him either. I think he is one of a few talented players who for one reason or another have never really consistently performed here. The comment was more to do with not thinking we should sign Ings, who I think is a good striker, but he would be a squad signing and personally I dont see the point of squad signings this summer, when we have a few first elven players who shoul dbe squad players. For me signing a squad player doesnt improve the side. Signing a first eleven player that demotes a current first eleven player that is maybe not good enough to the bench, does improve the side
If it’s true about Ings, then I suspect martial will be out because surely cavani is first pick

Status
Not open for further replies.