g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesperjaap

If it’s true about Ings, then I suspect martial will be out because surely cavani is first pick
The only possible reason I see us signing Ings is if we are spending big on other positions and he is the cheap option....and that would also align with us not making big sales. The thing is, how cheap would Ings be even now?

I think he has had a good season and is a good finisher, I really dont think we should be targeting him at all when its one position and Martial, Greenwood and even Rashford if need be can play there if Cavani cant stay fit.

Of course he is more a natural striker than the other three who are maybe similar players....but I just dont see how he really improves the quality of our side and bridges a gap. Whether or not people like the latter three as back up strikers, look at other positions where there is little back up at all, especially in midfield, Makes no sense to me and personally I think its just the press throwing a name out there, I dont buy it at all

Red_toad

The only possible reason I see us signing Ings is if we are spending big on other positions and he is the cheap option....and that would also align with us not making big sales. The thing is, how cheap would Ings be even now?

I think he has had a good season and is a good finisher, I really dont think we should be targeting him at all when its one position and Martial, Greenwood and even Rashford if need be can play there if Cavani cant stay fit.

Of course he is more a natural striker than the other three who are maybe similar players....but I just dont see how he really improves the quality of our side and bridges a gap. Whether or not people like the latter three as back up strikers, look at other positions where there is little back up at all, especially in midfield, Makes no sense to me and personally I think its just the press throwing a name out there, I dont buy it at all
Probably 20 million as 1 year left on deal. Cavani isn’t going to go the season without injury and needing rest, which leaves us with young Mason carrying the team. I’d say getting a proven EPL striker with a pretty much decent goal return guaranteed is shrewd business.

Edit my bad forgot Martial existed.

Withnail

Probably 20 million as 1 year left on deal. Cavani isn’t going to go the season without injury and needing rest, which leaves us with young Mason carrying the team. I’d say getting a proven EPL striker with a pretty much decent goal return guaranteed is shrewd business.

Edit my bad forgot Martial existed.
The talk is Martial would be moved on if Ings came in which would increase the pot for Sancho.

Red_toad

The talk is Martial would be moved on if Ings came in which would increase the pot for Sancho.
Yeah his Mrs was doing an interview the other week about wanting him to go to Real, I don’t see that happening, but maybe Spain somewhere? We shall see how the window goes...

Champagne Football

Ings will be a very experienced solid signing if we get him. He's known for his hard work rate, not giving defenders a second to breathe. He's been involved in local social projects at Burnley, exactly the type of character you want about the place.

A double Serbian transfer of Nikola Milenkovic and Milinkovic-Savic as the center back and box to box signings needed, would be nice too!

Hoof the ball

Let's get more Tweets in, this time about promising young Brazilians being picked up by City Football Group:

I mean, that's just smart isn't it? Money aside they are running their club with footballing vision.

City Group owning other teams, purchasing players and loaning them to them whilst guaranteeing that they'll play the same brand of football Man City do. It's a no-brainer.

Instead of buy players and loaning out to random clubs who may or may not play them in an accommodating system, this is a sure fire way of bridging the gap between U23's and first team.

sparx99

And here lies the problem with the CAF

When another team sign a player on the cheap it's shrewd business when we do it it's because the players actually no good
And then you actually watch them play and don’t really feel anything. We’ve seen this with N’Dombele, Lo Celso and Rodri in the last year. All massively hyped and mostly just meh.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Why do you think just because DDG and Martial is on high wages they won't leave?
I don't want to point out that it's complete crap but Martial moans if he's not starting so good chance he's being sold anyway.
DDG has just finished his 10th year so he'll get a pay off to leave the same as Sanchez, as we all know Sanchez had to take a big pay cut to leave on a permanent deal. I think its called a golden handshake.
If none can afford their wages then they won’t leave. Sanchez took pay cut but Inter paid 0 transfer fee to get him so using the same logic we let both Martial & DDG go for free then?

gorky_utd

I wonder if we can get Ramos on a free to facilitate two big purchase in Sancho and Rice.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

RkkMan

So we are signing Rice, Varane, Trippier, Sancho, Ronaldo and Kane all in one summer? :drool:
I wish:lol:
But seriously the impression the article gives is the priority is a CB(one of Varane, Kounde, Torres) and a forward(one of Kane, Sancho, Ronaldo) with a RB/DM dependent on sales. That wouldn't be a bad summer

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Laurie's head is in the clouds. The financials for Ronaldo will never stack up.

romufc

Sell:
Martial - £50m
Lingard - £25m
Matic - £8m
Lindelof - £40m

Total: £123

Buy:
Kane or Haaland - £110m
Sancho - £80m
Varane - £40m

Total: £230m

Difference of £107m

De Gea, Mata, Romero could also be going + we would need a backup keeper and 2nd right back (Dalot back?)
Selling a CDM but not replacing him. No matter who we get, without a player to replace McFred we will not win the league or improve.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks

cyberman

It looks a lot but is doable. Ronaldo for 20m and Sancho for 70m. Rice 40m plus Jesse. Varane 30m. Then we sell Martial, Dalot, James etc and bring that down to 100m odd maybe?
We arent in for Kane imo, not even entertaining that.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So we are signing Rice, Varane, Trippier, Sancho, Ronaldo and Kane all in one summer? :drool:
Sancho is a must buy for me.

But if we can pull off Varane and Trippier, we could add pace and experience at CB and attacking potency at RB for a very reasonable combined fee. On paper that could really be some solid business that would allow us to spend big on Sancho and more on the midfield.

Not confident on Varane at all though. Think he'll stay.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Sancho, Trippier, Rice and one of Varane, Torres or Kounde would be an excellent summer on paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.