Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
About time!
I don’t really understand the official negotiations but no bid bit...surely if we’re actively in negotiations we’ll only bid when we come to an agreement about what both sides will accept.
My guess is the talks would be about what kind of structures Dortmund would be willing to accept (i.e. what kind of add-ons they're interested in, the criteria, etc.) as well as to get an idea of how far low Dortmund can go with the price.

diarm

My Villa supporting mate tells me they're mad to sign Tuanzebe as well. Before we gave Bailly a new contract I'd have said no chance but now you never know.

Martinez
Cash Konsa Tuanzebe Targett
McGinn Luiz
ElGhazy Buendia Grealish
Watkins​

That's a tasty looking lineup. Find a quality midfielder and push McGinn up into AM with Buendia on the right and it's properly good.

jesperjaap

Jonathan Shrager corroborates this link:
Personally hope this isnt true. On one hand you have a solid right back who has just won the Spanish league with Ateltico and is an England Squad member.....on the other you have a player who was struggling to get in the SPurs side a couple of years ago, is decent but no more, is 30 and we are thinking of paying 30m for him as a back up....and just how many games has Bissaka missed? Also Trippier isnt anything special going forward which is another argument, he isnt much better than Bissaka who is improving on that respect bar his delivery.....and if we are signing someone like Sancho, that delivery isnt so important as unlike Bissaka having to overlap Greenwood who cuts inside, he wont have to.

For me this would be one of those deals, where in 18months time we wonder why we spent £20m and gave a good contract wage wise....to a player that has barely played and then discuss how much of a fee we can get to move him on.

Would far rather stick with Williams and Laird coming back and spend that £20m in other areas that desperately need upgrading in the first eleven, not a 3 year old back up we dont desperately need

Matthew84!

Personally hope this isnt true. On one hand you have a solid right back who has just won the Spanish league with Ateltico and is an England Squad member.....on the other you have a player who was struggling to get in the SPurs side a couple of years ago, is decent but no more, is 30 and we are thinking of paying 30m for him as a back up....and just how many games has Bissaka missed? Also Trippier isnt anything special going forward which is another argument, he isnt much better than Bissaka who is improving on that respect bar his delivery.....and if we are signing someone like Sancho, that delivery isnt so important as unlike Bissaka having to overlap Greenwood who cuts inside, he wont have to.

For me this would be one of those deals, where in 18months time we wonder why we spent £20m and gave a good contract wage wise....to a player that has barely played and then discuss how much of a fee we can get to move him on.

Would far rather stick with Williams and Laird coming back and spend that £20m in other areas that desperately need upgrading in the first eleven, not a 3 year old back up we dont desperately need
Anyone wanting us to stick with Williams obviously didn't see him play, he needs letting go ASAP

jesperjaap

Anyone wanting us to stick with Williams obviously didn't see him play, he needs letting go ASAP
Good first few months and has faded, but we have Laird coming back who has done well on loan. So that is two back ups for Bissaka who is never injured. If Laird gets opportunities at times and does ok, then release WIlliams. See little points in selling him and then spending £20m on Trippier at this point unless we are gettign £20m, which we arent

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Good first few months and has faded, but we have Laird coming back who has done well on loan. So that is two back ups for Bissaka who is never injured. If Laird gets opportunities at times and does ok, then release WIlliams. See little points in selling him and then spending £20m on Trippier at this point unless we are gettign £20m, which we arent
Williams so far looking more comfortable as a left back than a right back, better going on loan especially Southampton is looking for a new full back as Bertrand will be free agent this month. After his loan move (I expect max 2 years), he can join us again to be Shaw’s backup if Williams is anything good. I expect Telles will be moved on after two years if he keeps not getting minutes.

Laird needs to prove himself and so far he hasn’t prove himself that he’s good enough to be backup.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot

Who says Trippier will cost 30m????

OmarUnited4ever

Williams isn't good enough for us but he is a valuable asset that the club can sell, he is tied to a long term contract and can be sent on loan to get playing time and raise his value. for Laird, i feel it's too early for him, defenders need more time to be 1st team ready quality and that comes from consistent game time, he needs to continue his loan and perhaps go into Championship team, to continue his development. AWB needs competition and a quality backup, Trippier is good option for that, we need as much quality backup as possible to challenge.

jesperjaap

Williams so far looking more comfortable as a left back than a right back, better going on loan especially Southampton is looking for a new full back as Bertrand will be free agent this month. After his loan move (I expect max 2 years), he can join us again to be Shaw’s backup if Williams is anything good. I expect Telles will be moved on after two years if he keeps not getting minutes.

Laird needs to prove himself and so far he hasn’t prove himself that he’s good enough to be backup.
Fair point on WIlliams though I dont agree. As for Laird, well how does he do that if we sign Trippier then and he is third choice?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Fair point on WIlliams though I dont agree. As for Laird, well how does he do that if we sign Trippier then and he is third choice?
Laird goes on loan to prove himself. First he needs to prove himself that he can stay fit for one full season and second prove himself that he’s good enough. If we are seriously want to challenge the league or at least finish 80-88 points next season then having Laird as backup is too much of a gamble, we are lucky enough Bissaka hasn’t been injured.

jesperjaap

Williams isn't good enough for us but he is a valuable asset that the club can sell, he is tied to a long term contract and can be sent on loan to get playing time and raise his value. for Laird, i feel it's too early for him, defenders need more time to be 1st team ready quality and that comes from consistent game time, he needs to continue his loan and perhaps go into Championship team, to continue his development. AWB needs competition and a quality backup, Trippier is good option for that, we need as much quality backup as possible to challenge.
Going on loan doesnt seem to often raise the value of our players. For every Lingard there is a Sanchez, CHong, Pereira Dalot

I dont watch much youth football, but I got the idea Laird was one of those a year or two ago getting close to being bought into the squad until injuries curtailed his progression. He has had a very good loan spell, yes you are right it was only league one, that is a fair point, but we are talking about being a back up to a player that played most of our games last season.

Regardless of the thought on these two as back ups, tha main thing for me. All good talkign about improving the squad and competition....but what about centre back we only have one consistently good player there who can remain fit, what about the double pivot we dont actually have any of top quality, our best striker is in his mid thirties. How much money are we going to have to spend, its rumoured to be £140m and maybe player sales which I thinky wrongly we wont make enough of numbers wise or fee wise from the players we choose to sell.

With such pressing concerns and a budget is almost 2/3 spent with one marquee signing, why make that £20m smaller with Trippier when our first eleven needs improving in a bare minimum of two positions that are not even the ones a marquee signing is expected

jesperjaap

Laird goes on loan to prove himself. First he needs to prove himself that he can stay fit for one full season and second prove himself that he’s good enough. If we are seriously want to challenge the league or at least finish 80-88 points next season then having Laird as backup is too much of a gamble, we are lucky enough Bissaka hasn’t been injured.
Maybe so, maybe not.....proving himself as a back up to me anyway is a totally different thing, Williams may have failed that this season....but since it has been a grand total of very few games, has that harmed us this past season in the grand scheme of things in comparison to some of our starting eleven players quality over a season?

Why are we so intent on signing back up players when our first eleven is seriously short in a few areas. Unless we are either spending over £200m, making several big sales or make some wonder buys at cheap prices......we cant make the 4/5 signings we need to AND Trippier. Lets be honest, we are unlikely to do any of these things so we will be lucky to make 3 signings I feel this summer, if that is the case improving our competition in right back would be an utter waste of one and part of the transfer kitty for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.