Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

It's going to be harder getting top players when we aren't in the CL, there were 2 DM options available for under €10M that would have allowed Rangnick to field a balanced midfield 3 instead of using McFred who can't play the role and it makes them look even worse than they actually are, and Matic is pointless as he can only play 1 game a week and is out of gas 60 minutes into said 1 game.

You say that now but what if there's another VDB situation and the next manager just doesn't fancy the player we bought. Then the club still did wrong. It's never a good idea for an interim to buy players.
VdB is an odd choice to use as he was bought by the permanent manager at the time and he still hardly played.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It's bullshit reasoning to penny pinch. You think if for example we signed a Vlahovic or a Declan Rice do you honestly think any new manager would refuse to work with them ? Or even a Haidara or a Bissouma a new manager wouldn't even want them in the squad come summer ?
That’d be a good look adding bissouma to the squad. No thanks

McUnited

Greenwood was arguably being groomed to be the next No.9. Now that it looks like he's thrown his career out the window, perhaps going after Haaland is a more likely scenario now?

the_cliff

That’d be a good look adding bissouma to the squad. No thanks
I was just mentioning names, players with the ability of those mentioned wouldn't suddenly be surplus to requirements by a new manager. It's not like our current midfield options are in the mould of prime Barca, new manager needs to choose his own players is a shitty excuse for penny pinching.

Coops73

He's currently a self-employed consultant/writer. He used to work for Stretty News a while back and founded their YouTube channel. He's likely to have a connection to the club through his time with Stretty News.
Ok cheers

James35

Any official approach we make for any manager will be late, that will be an almost certainty with the knobs running this club.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Wow - if that wage is legit, football is fecked (if it wasn’t already).
Every time there is a new fee or wage that smashed the last record we all say football is fxuked if it wasn't already.
Then its off to the next one.

Football is fecked and has been for quite a while

Matt851

Howson has been saying we won't sign anyone unless it was a long term target. Whoever was available the powers at be figure they're not good enough that any manager would gladly accept them.

If it was Bellingham or Rice available we would have signed them regardless of the manager.
The odds of us actually getting rice or Bellingham in the summer are fairly low

The idea of waiting until summer to make signings is flawed given the number of areas we need to strengthen and the players leaving in the summer

Realistically we need 4 or 5 good signings as minimum but have little faith we can manage more than two

Devil may care

I was just mentioning names, players with the ability of those mentioned wouldn't suddenly be surplus to requirements by a new manager. It's not like our current midfield options are in the mould of prime Barca, new manager needs to choose his own players is a shitty excuse for penny pinching.
I think golden blunder was referring to the fact Bissouma was arrested for sexual assault not that long ago.

georgipep

ti vu

I hope these are not true because it would mean we're in the same mess otherwise.

I can have the hottest chick on my list, does mean feck all when I don't approach now and wait until after she starts going out dating other guys considering her options.

Appointing Ragnick as interim, it should mean that we should have been working on permanent manager all the way before Ole getting sacked. Not waiting until when summer window open before we start getting serious. Come on.

Then ask Pogba not to accept other clubs offer. Put yourself in Pogba shoe then you would rightfully want more money. As a footballer in this day, you want a plan with the club beyond the current manager. Manager can come and go. Our new manager may want to keep Pogba but what if the manager fail and soon to be dismissed? What if the next manager doesn't want Pogba? Where is the football director and his board? Why does it still sound like we can't decide until next manager take office?

croadyman

Greenwood was arguably being groomed to be the next No.9. Now that it looks like he's thrown his career out the window, perhaps going after Haaland is a more likely scenario now?
Still think barring something incredible that annoyingly Haaland will link up with Alvarez at City next season

golden_blunder

Staff
Until he’s clear of his sexual allegation our club should stay well clear, no matter how good he may be

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I'm sorry, this is fine if that's the way you want to go, but then it begs the question: What the feck is Murtaugh being paid to do exactly????
I have one theory that makes sense in my head, but I'll save that for another thread. In short: Murtough's preparing for Pochettino, hence all of this "wait for the next manager" stuff.

the_cliff

I think golden blunder was referring to the fact Bissouma was arrested for sexual assault not that long ago.
Until he’s clear of his sexual allegation our club should stay well clear, no matter how good he may be
Oh. I wasn't aware. The article @georgipep linked is fairly recent too. Weird how I haven't heard about it compared to Mendy and Greenwood.
In fact I could've sworn Aston Villa were trying to sign him just last week.

AndySmith1990

Right, so basically we've not moved on at all and the manager still has full control. What's the point of Fletcher, or moving Ralf into a consultancy role? We should already know what type of players the next manager will want.

golden_blunder

Staff
Right, so basically we've not moved on at all and the manager still has full control. What's the point of Fletcher, or moving Ralf into a consultancy role? We should already know what type of players the next manager will want.
Fletchers role is not DOF. It’s about integrating young players mainly

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'm sorry, this is fine if that's the way you want to go, but then it begs the question: What the feck is Murtaugh being paid to do exactly????
His job is to plan for the now, mid and long-term imo. And the 'now' may involve integrating a youngster in the midfield.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
His job is to plan for the now, mid and long-term imo. And the 'now' may involve integrating a youngster in the midfield.
It's a very bad look for him, the way that was reported

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It's a very bad look for him, the way that was reported
The role of the head of football, technical director etc, is to plan for the mid to long term imo. Our squad is missing a certain profile of midfielder and Rangnick has mentioned that, but he's also mentioned that Scott McTominay is a future captain. So i'm thinking if we signed someone like Boubacar Kamara, then he'd come into the team alongside Mctominay and one of Bruno - Pogba. But i'd rather see us give minutes to Hannibal Mejbri as a back up player to both Pogba and Bruno. And I feel we have enough quality to finish in the top 4.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
What an odd role...surely a top manager has that skill set. Or is that what all the top sides do these days? Jesus football is complicated!
Like everywhere in life people have to delegate certain tasks, because their time is limited and I'm sure it makes sense to dedicate a staff member to the youngest players in the squad, to pay close attention to them and offer them guidance, while they make their first steps at senior level.

romufc

Again we have learnt nothing. Giving managers complete control over transfers has resulted in the squad we have. We should be planning for transfers based on a club philosophy not who the manager is every few years.
Really?

Pogba, Ronaldo, Sanchez, Donny?

So we should sign a player because the fans thought he is good? How do you know the new regime isn't working on a philosophy?

I would wait to see what we do in the summer.

Dr. StrangeHate

Really?

Pogba, Ronaldo, Sanchez, Donny?

So we should sign a player because the fans thought he is good? How do you know the new regime isn't working on a philosophy?

I would wait to see what we do in the summer.
We should sign players based on a club philosophy with the DOF. Managers come and go, they should be involved but not the primary driver. It works at most big clubs.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
We should sign players based on a club philosophy with the DOF. Managers come and go, they should be involved but not the primary driver. It works at most big clubs.
...and yet here we have posters claiming that we should modernise and move away from the "United Way" (Fancy way of saying club philosophy) Plain and simply, as much as we'd love (myself included) to stick to the United way of playing, it simply doesn't work in modern football and we need to modernise both in terms of the backroom staff and the playing style.

Beginning with a DOF, which for all intensive purposes is the FIRST YEAR we have ever had one, so it's going to take time to get it right, regardless of whether or not you feel Murtough is "qualified" to do it (because he clearly is) the DOF role is a relatively new role in the world of football and there's very few of them around and ALL of them had to start somewhere so I think the CAF should cut him some slack. He's done well to shift some of the deadwood this Jan, all be it in a loan moves but it's a start.

Let's see where the gegenpress takes us. I'm all for modernising the club and am excited to see where this new style takes us. But bear in mind there's going to be dire performances and a bumpy road along the way, it won't change overnight.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The role of the head of football, technical director etc, is to plan for the mid to long term imo. Our squad is missing a certain profile of midfielder and Rangnick has mentioned that, but he's also mentioned that Scott McTominay is a future captain. So i'm thinking if we signed someone like Boubacar Kamara, then he'd come into the team alongside Mctominay and one of Bruno - Pogba. But i'd rather see us give minutes to Hannibal Mejbri as a back up player to both Pogba and Bruno. And I feel we have enough quality to finish in the top 4.
But that's not the explanation we're given. The explanation is that you didn't sign anybody because the next manager might not want them

That's a terrible look for Murtaugh. Effectively brings his role into question imo. The guy is likely getting paid millions annually to be what, the manager's manservant?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
But that's not the explanation we're given. The explanation is that you didn't sign anybody because the next manager might not want them

That's a terrible look for Murtaugh. Effectively brings his role into question imo. The guy is likely getting paid millions annually to be what, the manager's manservant?
That line of thinking falls into the mid to long-term plan imo, and one should not waver and panic at the first hurdle. Below is a line from Dan Ashworth, who is the Technical director at Brighton and formerly of our national teams, where he's done great work by all accounts. And what he's saying is very pertinent to the line in question.

Status
Not open for further replies.