Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordon S

So whats the point of a DoF if the club can`t set up a vision and strategy by themselves and then appoint managers that suits that vision and the squad at hand? Haven`t we all had enough of switching back and forth with every fecking manager? How are we supposed to ever assemble a squad that makes any kind of sense?

Jibbs

That line of thinking falls into the mid to long-term plan imo, and one should not waver and panic at the first hurdle. Below is a line from Dan Ashworth, who is the Technical director at Brighton and formerly of our national teams, where he's done great work by all accounts. And what he's saying is very pertinent to the line in question.

Everton frequently reminds me of United. Both have incompetent people all around.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
So whats the point of a DoF if the club can`t set up a vision and strategy by themselves and then appoint managers that suits that vision and the squad at hand? Haven`t we all had enough of switching back and forth with every fecking manager? How are we supposed to ever assemble a squad that makes any kind of sense?
The point of the DoF from my understanding, is for him to work at the head of the football department, with numerous heads of sub departments working under him. And those people heading the sub departments, collect/collate information from the scouts on the ground, which is then passed on to the head of recruitment/data science department before it reaches the figure-head at the top of the chain. That's basically all it is, and it's a simple concept. The structure is in place at the club, but the board have to give the recruitment department autonomy, which looks like it's might happen.

Only time will tell what the vision is. But what history has shown us, is that the head coach may not head the football department, but the head coach is the most important person on the football side of any club.. So recruiting players for a particular type of coach is the the right thing to do. Rangnick reportedly wanted Haidara, but Haidara isn't really someone that ten Hag would ideally play as a #8.

So whether we target a head coach who looks to zone control via positional play in a high compact block, or we look to bring in a coach who places a heavy emphasis on quick, incisive vertical passes between the lines in a high compact block. The concept is the same, recruit players that fit into a compact high block. And if you sign players who fit into a compact high block, they will by default fit into a low to mid block.

Matt851

For us the DoF is just someone for the glazers to blame when things go wring

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Official: Gleison Bremer , a defender who's captured the interest of bigger clubs, has renewed his contract with Torino until June 2024.

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Official: Barcelona sign Aubameyang

• 3.5-year contract with an option to terminate the contract without any penalties after 1.5 years
    • Basically, if he doesn't terminate his contract in June 2023, he is obligated to see out his contract until June 2025.
  • Buyout clause: €100M

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

EDIT: More info

Source: RMC Sport

Lyon director Vincent Ponsot on Lacazette:
It’s Lacazette. We’re interested in him because he left a mark on this club. It’s a profile that interests us and we’ve always been in touch with him. It’s part of the basic ideas brought by Bruno Cheyrou. In our context, yes, it’s a bit more accessible than Benzema. We’ll have to see if we can do it as a free transfer, but we won’t be the only ones.

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: PSV TV relayed by Voetbal Primeur

PSV Eindhoven chief John de Jong on the interest in Cody Gakpo:
The interest started early in the season, when he performed well, also with the Dutch national team. My goal is to keep him for the season at all times. I don’t know how long we can keep him out of the hands of the big clubs in Europe. How he performs is the most important thing.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

• Hitchen was marginalised on the recruitment front once Paratici came on board.
  • Newcastle United and Leicester City are also interested in him.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

• Hitchen was marginalised on the recruitment front once Paratici came on board.
  • Newcastle United and Leicester City are also interested in him.
Well Spurs were pretty poor in the transfer market for a while, so this is probably good for Spurs and bad for Everton

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Well Spurs were pretty poor in the transfer market for a while, so this is probably good for Spurs and bad for Everton
Matt Law's article states that he was mostly working in tandem with Pochettino and giving him the players that he wanted. He also lined up deals for players like Dybala, Bruno Fernandes, and Grealish, apparently, but Spurs weren't willing to fund those transfers. It seems like his role started to diminish once Mourinho came in and Paratici afterwards.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Matt Law's article states that he was mostly working in tandem with Pochettino and giving him the players that he wanted. He also lined up deals for players like Dybala, Bruno Fernandes, and Grealish, apparently, but Spurs weren't willing to fund those transfers. It seems like his role started to diminish once Mourinho came in and Paratici afterwards.
So you’re saying he has a great agent and PR team..

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
So you’re saying he has a great agent and PR team..
Law might have a reason to defend Hitchen, but not me. I'm just trying to portray some of his good work to go with his failures. His flops/below-par signings would include Davinson Sánchez, Vincent Janssen, Serge Aurier, and Georges-Kévin Nkoudou, whilst his successes would include Moura, Wanyama, Sissoko (despite his limitations), and Bergwijn. In terms of his relation with Poch, for example, Ndombele and Lo Celso were Poch signings who didn't work out with the subsequent managers. We already know about how Mourinho tends to trust his own people outside of the club's staff, and then Paratici comes in and establishes his own direction.

Maybe he isn't all that and can flop at his next club, but I'm not willing to rule that out at this time.

Varun1

Heard a mackem on TalkShite earlier saying he'd love to have Keane back. Be good to see him back in management
Wow, if I remember correctly he played really boring football and spent loads on average players!

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Bild

Amadou Haidara on the Premier League links:
I can’t say much about that. I’m glad to be back. You hear rumours, that’s how it is when the transfer period is over. But I still have a contract (until 2025, ed.) and I want to keep fulfilling it. I see no reason to think about a change.

The English league is very interesting, many players want to prove their skills there. But I feel very comfortable here and I’m glad that I can develop further here. It’s clear that the English league is very interesting for all of us. But why should I throw this all away for something I might not be sure about? One wonders whether it’s worth it. Of course, I asked myself this question, but I don’t have an answer because I want to achieve my goals here with RB. That’s what I’m still working for.

Status
Not open for further replies.