Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

peridigm

Wonder if they tried for Rafa. He'd do better than Gattuso for them. Strange club. Feels like Poch will return next year when he's sacked at PSG for not winning the treble.

Heffo

It's not just goals conceded through lack of pace; it's also
1. knock on effect on tactics. Inability to play any kind of high line at all.
2. United's defence don't look confident playing against quick forwards. They look like they're in permanent panic mode.
3. Yes, there are clear an obvious goals conceded due to lack of pace. Some of them are mundane the the opposition player getting to the ball first to shoot.

Plus the shear pointlessness of it: recruiting a 35 year old player who's never played in the PL. Madness.
While I agree we should ideally pair Maguire with CB with pace, wtf is this video :lol:

The thoughts that someone actually went and spent time picking out these clips and added in a load of pointless arrows and circles as if it shows anything of value :houllier:

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Barely a week and Paratici already showing his magic :drool:

M4YON

He (the agent) said it was complete bullshit,” Zwartkruis told Voetbal International.

“There has been a conversation with the trainer about next season.

“He just has to get fit quickly so that on day one, he is the strong Van de Beek they bought at the time.”

Crimson King

He’s not really a 9 though is he? More of a drifter, so to speak? Think they could have signed Daka, and if not, should try and get Tammy, although not sure if he’d go there.
Yeah I hear ya, maybe they're going big on him and hoping Welbeck will stay fit to play off of?

If they get big money for White then they might well get someone else in too. But yeah, doubt Tammy would go there.

hubbuh

Mbappe-esque.
:lol: If only.
Not my words....words of someone who played with Harry Maguire for a number of years.

I know whose judgement i would trust! :lol:
Yeah, 'cos footballers never say exaggerated niceties when talking about former colleagues! Maguire has been at the club for two years - you don't need anyone to tell you whether or not he has explosive pace.

Castia

It's probably a good thing for Spurs because he's a terrible manager.

That being said what a complete shambles, it's taken months to appoint a manager and the one shitter they chose brakes down.

Spurs :lol:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Sergio Ramos smells like a Chelsea signing. They're looking for another CB but they're focusing the cash for forward signing, and Hakimi. If they hell bent on making Dortmund blink, they need to offer a ridiculous fee. Getting someone like Ramos on free transfer just like Thiago Silva, would allow them with that scenario.
There is no guarantee that Rudiger returns to Chelsea next season as he only has 1 year left on his deal and Chelsea could bite the bullet him on while his stock as high as it's ever been, so we could potentially be on the lookout for another CB but I don't think Chelsea want to have two older players on short term contracts. He's going to you lot or PSG I think.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
There is no guarantee that Rudiger returns to Chelsea next season as he only has 1 year left on his deal and Chelsea could bite the bullet him on while his stock as high as it's ever been, so we could potentially be on the lookout for another CB but I don't think Chelsea want to have two older players on short term contracts. He's going to you lot or PSG I think.
Looks like Man City. The other aspect with two older CB is games lost to minor injuries. You know they will happen. Manageable with one, but probably not with two.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Lots of noise around him going to City. Think that's the most likely destination. I'd definitely take him at United, even at 35 - we could do with a leader like him.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Do you or anyone else know how Mengi did this past season?

I would love to see him brought into the first team fold and see how he does.
I know that GB already answered that he's not ready for us, and he's right. I thought I'd elaborate a bit more on how his Derby spell went.

At the start, he wasn't really getting into the first team since Derby were in a relegation battle. Rooney was only playing Mengi against teams with more physical forwards, and he passed those tests. As he was starting to get more appearances, he got injured, and his season ended.

At this rate, I don't think he's ready for United, either. He should go out on another loan spell.

Sport Witness are the source! :eek:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

He'd be great to watch in the Premier League. His teams tend to play entertaining attacking football.

EDIT: More info
  • Burnley's Sean Dyche is also an option for Crystal Palace despite his sizable compensation
  • Palace chairman Steve Parish announces that the club will listen to offers for Wilfried Zaha.
We understand his position. It’s no secret that he would like to challenge himself. But it has to be right for the club. He understands that as well.

Last edited:

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
:lol: If only.

Yeah, 'cos footballers never say exaggerated niceties when talking about former colleagues! Maguire has been at the club for two years - you don't need anyone to tell you whether or not he has explosive pace.
You're entitled to think the way you do,

However when evidence suggests that to not be the case from multiple sources it just feel a bit of a weak arguement.

Anhyhow, back to the transfers, or lack of them....

Infra-red

From Conte to Fonseca to... Gattuso.

Spurs have lost the plot. Also, the same Gattuso who just walked out on Fiorentina after 22 days because they wouldn't buy him the players he wanted? I'm sure he'll love Levy, then.

jeepers

Ole signed off on both - the system is very clear and is a matter of public knowledge, repeatedly confirmed by Ole himself as well as by the club.

However, I think you're wrong that you can't play a high line with Maguire (Pep G seems to agree, since City actively pursued him, and I for one think that was a good signing.) Think it's too early to draw conclusions on DvdB too.
I’m well aware of our transfer system, as you have said, it’s well-publicised and very clear. However, that’s also what the club wants everyone to know. Is it a true representation of how our transfer system works? I’ve no idea.

Pep plays a different system altogether. City usually dominate possession as well in most of their games, although they are susceptible to the counter. This season their fullbacks, instead of overlapping on the flanks, have come into midfield alongside Rodri/Fernandinho who is City’s deepest midfielder. So there is this line of 2 fullbacks and 1 DM before the 2 CBs - this has contributed to them conceding less goals this season and also enabled them to win the ball back far quicker.

Perhaps I should be more specific, Maguire isn’t suitable for the high line that Ole plays.

I’m okay with giving VdB one more season. Of course it takes two hands to clap, Donny hasn’t taken his chances well enough. However, Ole doesn’t seem to know how best to use Donny or which midfield role to use him in. Granted, we had no pre-season.

That’s why I question the club’s decision to pursue a CB this window. I think a DM is fair more important in shielding our defence and also allowing the attacking players more freedom. I’m also tired of watching McFred. They are decent players but I don’t think they complement each other and therefore shouldn’t play together.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Wouldn't Favre be more suitable for Spurs ?

Maybe Levy doesn't know he's a free agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.