Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

dal

They're paying twice as much as the Sancho price for an injury prone 28 year old.

He's an undoubtedly world class player. But by comparison of transfer fees that's just madness.
£130 million for Kane isn’t that bad. I’d say it’s about right.

Lukaku just went for £100 million.

Infra-red

They're paying twice as much as the Sancho price for an injury prone 28 year old.

He's an undoubtedly world class player. But by comparison of transfer fees that's just madness.
It would be crazy for anyone else, but, like PSG, they are state-backed and therefore have functionally infinite money, which means they can't really get burned.

Buy Kane for £150m. If he's looking a bit leggy this time next year, just buy Haaland, too. No problem.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Sport Witness with the exclusive news:

Romano, however, states that Varane has already signed the contract (thanks to @Zoo).

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Don't they have limits on how much they can spend ?
I'm sure they do. With oil rich billionaires the limits are beyond comprehension. If you're talking regulation, Clubs in Europe are supposed to abide by the UEFA Financial Fair Play rules. In theory this was supposed to help prevent clubs from going crazy, overspending and going bankrupt. In practice, it has strengthened the top, established club's stranglehold on the world game by limiting the ability of near-top-level clubs from “buying their way" on to the top table.

So is there a limit? No. You could spend €1 billion on a player, and pay him €1m per week if you were so inclined and you had an investor willing to spend it. But if your club didn't net-off that fee and wage through other revenue, you'd end up on the receiving end of some ire from the governing body. Assuming you hadn't already bankrupted the club in the meantime

Robbie Boy

They've pumped in 2 billion and got away with it. What's another 150m?
Would be totally taking the piss after signing Grealish tbh. If they can shift a-few for good money, then maybe. But being perfectly honest, I'm fairly confident they won't be getting him this summer.

ThemanGiggsy

Graham Potter said other Premier League are interested in Bissouma. hopefully we are one of them. would prefer Ndidi, but still

Lost bear

Yeah but he's still open to another after that. Guess it will depend on sales.
i don’t think he is talking about Varane there, actually. He wouldn’t be using the term ‘hopefully’ with regard to someone who is to all intents and purposes signed already, with any delays due to administrative reasons only.
Sounds like he is referring to a third incoming player, whose signing is still in negotiation.

Robbie Boy

Is dead…
And according to Ducker, city’s net spend is still in the green somehow
Aye, I agree that the whole thing is a farce that has far too many grey areas, and was never properly implemented. However, even for City, I think it would be a massive stretch to sign Kane this summer. Barring them pulling in some serious cash from sales, I just don't see it.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
19 for Varane, 25 for Sancho, nothing numbers for big name players. I know its trivial (and sad) but I would've liked them to have first 11 numbers atleast.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
  • Zapata cannot leave for Inter unless Atalanta can replace him.
    • Abraham no longer an option
    • Matheus Cunha among the options (also targeted by Roma)
  • Alternative options
    • Joaquín Correa (Lazio)
      • Inter have yet to contact Lazio.
    • Lorenzo Insigne (Napoli)
      • Inter checking if Napoli will lower their demands (fee: 30 million Euros)
      • Inter also checking if Insigne wants to stay at Napoli or willing to go elsewhere

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Atalanta are also interested in Chelsea's Davide Zappacosta.

EDIT: Romano Tweet

Last edited:

Infra-red

The article's old news. The message in the Tweet's the latest on the matter.
Bit of a shame - I had him as top pick for us when Haaland inevitably chooses Madrid/Bayern/City/PSG next summer.

Hopefully the club have someone in mind for when Cavani departs!

croadyman

Bit of a shame - I had him as top pick for us when Haaland inevitably chooses Madrid/Bayern/City/PSG next summer.

Hopefully the club have someone in mind for when Cavani departs!
Fully expecting us to roll out the red carpet between now and next summer, also Jadon will constantly be in his ear IF he has a good season of course but whether even that is enough to persuade him remains to be seen

DULLAGHAN

19 for Varane, 25 for Sancho, nothing numbers for big name players. I know its trivial (and sad) but I would've liked them to have first 11 numbers atleast.
It's the way it should be, it shows respect to the players that have the numbers already. Ibra taking Martials number was a small time club action trying to appease a superstar. If they want a number they put in the hard work, wait until its free and take it. No incoming player should dictate any club policy and I for 1 am glad to see the club starting to act with a little class again.

Baneofthegame

It's the way it should be, it shows respect to the players that have the numbers already. Ibra taking Martials number was a small time club action trying to appease a superstar. If they want a number they put in the hard work, wait until its free and take it. No incoming player should dictate any club policy and I for 1 am glad to see the club starting to act with a little class again.
Agreed.

VanDeBank

Ma’am

Dumfries -> Inter for €15m including bonusses (rumoured to be ~12,5m base). Medical today.

Don't be surprised to not see him selected for the Dutch NT. LVG typically only selects match fit players and Dumfries has been training separately awaiting a transfer.

GJNJ

Wasn't image rights the reason we didn't sign Dybala?
From memory a certain % of Dybala’s image rights belonged to a separate company and the costs for buying them out were unreasonably high.

If it is an image right delay then it doesn’t mean it exactly the same issue (we’d be we’ll past that stage now).

I think media outlets just use ‘media rights issues’ to explain the unexplained perceived delay in announcements.

Devil may care

Dumfries -> Inter for €15m including bonusses (rumoured to be ~12,5m base). Medical today.

Don't be surprised to not see him selected for the Dutch NT. LVG typically only selects match fit players and Dumfries has been training separately awaiting a transfer.
He's not on Hakimi's level but he looks like one of the better replacements Inter could have gotten, and for a great price.

Nick7

IF Varane takes 19 he's taking Amad's number.

Status
Not open for further replies.