g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - 2022/23 | Check the OP for the latest rules and blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drizzle

Classic United, same club that let Jude go to Dortmund and passed on Camavinga because we couldn't guarantee minutes when they're quite clearly better than a lot of what we have.
But how do you guarantee game time to a young prospect coming from a different league? What if it turns out he's shit?

It's all about trust and the credibility of the manager and you'd like to think the ETH has more of that than say Ole who clearly made false promises to the likes of Lingard and DVB.

Volksie316

This is going to end up like DM first summer window isn’t it?

Players constantly rejecting us, and chasing players who just don’t want to come here.

I am probably overreacting, but it’s United after all, and our track record speaks for itself, for all the wrong reasons.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Let’s all calm down and see what happens!!
That’s not how we do things around here son. Sit down and let me teach you the rules of the house
- take positive tweets with a pinch of salt and denounce the jouro as a bullshiting chancer
- take negative tweets as gospel and descend into a pant-pissing display of hysteria
- abuse the club. Constantly. What they do or don’t do doesn’t matter. Just give them shit
- similarly, our rivals are all slick operators and everything always goes right for them
- live in a paradoxical world where every player should want to play for us, but none actually do….and the only ones that do are mercenaries

Just follow this basic creed and you’ll have many years of bipolar neurotic summer windows

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
That’s not how we do things around here son. Sit down and let me teach you the rules of the house
- take positive tweets with a pinch of salt and denounce the jouro as a bullshiting chancer
- take negative tweets as gospel and descend into a pant-pissing display of hysteria
- abuse the club. Constantly. What they do or don’t do doesn’t matter. Just give them shit
- similarly, our rivals are all slick operators and everything always goes right for them
- live in a paradoxical world where every player should want to play for us, but none actually do….and the only ones that do are mercenaries

Just follow this basic creed and you’ll have many years of bipolar neurotic summer windows
Sums us up brilliantly, :lol:

mctrials23

Had such high hopes for him and have to say he had been a big let down. Club record transfer who could not ever cement his place in the time even when in his prime and then somehow kept on getting extensions without ever playing near enough.

We'll always have Juanfield though.
Square peg in a round hole. He works in a quick pass and move system that doesn't expose his lack of pace and strength. We have never played like that and like so many of our signings there was little to no logic to it.

Love the guy though and have never really begrudged him his wages. Perhaps that more of an indictment on the rest of our players than an endorsement of him.

GJNJ

Spot on, it’s getting pretty tedious now.

Withnail

Why are these childish worthless arguments better use of bandwidth here than Fridge’s posts?
There is a ongoing debate about whether those tweets are allowed. Back and forth arguments are definitely against thread rules though. Initial reaction only.

Do not:
Post off-topic comments or hold extended discussions over a single Tweet (that span multiple pages). Create a new thread instead.

In case anyone missed it there is a poll on which tweets should be allowed in here:

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/tweets-debate.470854/

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites

:lol: so true.

Varun1

@golden_blunder & @SilentWitness
If I may make a suggestion, the other thread where Fridge's tweets are being debated should be open to everyone that has visibility of the transfer tweet thread. After all, we do participate in this thread.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
What a player to get on a free.

Widow

OL have convinced their former striker Alexandre Lacazette to return to the club after five seasons at Arsenal, where he was at the end of his contract. The announcement is imminent

Robertd0803

I'd be shocked if he moved to another PL side. You'd assume it would be only Chelsea that would be able to sign him considering moving to City/United would be a no go.
Dont see why he would have an issue moving to City. Its not like theres any actual grudge between City and Liverpool and hes already signed for Liverpool after playing for Chelsea previously.

Be pretty funny if he signed for us though for a year :lol:

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Much as I loved Rüdiger and think he’s an amazing player, I wonder how Ancelotti is going to deal with their CB situation. Militao and Alaba are now a CL winning pairing and look solid. So in a back 4 which of those do you drop? Rüdiger going from an extremely important player who started just about every match to someone who may not play for an extended period would be such a waste.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid

He's off, shocker!
Good signing, Breitner, Stielike, Netzer, Ozil,Schuster,Illgner, Khedira, Kroos...with a few exceptions (Metzelder) the Germans work well at Madrid.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
Much as I loved Rüdiger and think he’s an amazing player, I wonder how Ancelotti is going to deal with their CB situation. Militao and Alaba are now a CL winning pairing and look solid. So in a back 4 which of those do you drop? Rüdiger going from an extremely important player who started just about every match to someone who may not play for an extended period would be such a waste.
Simple, back 4 of Carvajal, Militao, Rudiger, Alaba. Mendy and Nacho rotating.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I guess Alaba will go to the left back or the midfield in some occasions

Status
Not open for further replies.