Transfer Tweets - 2022/23 | Check the OP for the latest rules and blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

edcunited1878

But he's coming to RM to sit on the bench though, Mr Agent.
It's a problem with about half of these transfers from MLS and American eligible players. They need to secure proper playing time at a decent level and put their development first. Just because you're on the books don't mean anything when you're not getting proper playing time, especially if you're a GK. Sign for RM, but get a loan somewhere and play at the highest domestic level. Steffan at City isn't all that spectacular and he was wonky during the later stages of WC Qualifying. Turner is going to Arsenal soon and I'm not sure if he can beat out Ramsdale, but at least it is a closer competition compared to this young player and Courtois. And Turner has improved a lot since he plays regularly for club and it transfered over to the National Team.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
:boring: Bit slow innit.
Pretty surprising to me. I expected clubs like United & Chelsea in particular that need huge rebuilds to be super active straight away after the season. Yet neither sounds especially close to signing anyone yet.

RuudTom83

Chelsea and United are having huge background chances so its not surprising to me if those 2 clubs took longer to get going.

Clubs like Villa for example, who had nothing to play for really in the last month of the season have been able to get started on the summer ins and outs.

USREDEVIL

Pretty surprising to me. I expected clubs like United & Chelsea in particular that need huge rebuilds to be super active straight away after the season. Yet neither sounds especially close to signing anyone yet.
That and we're not trying to pry Benzema away from Real Madrid ffs.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I agree that Mendy is quality but I can’t see Carlo going back 3 to accommodate Mendy, Alaba, Rüdiger, Militao and Carvajal. So probably a rotation.

Regarding Gnabry: i don’t know his reasons, since the alleged money that Bayern is offering (€19m gross) is quite high and he‘s got some good friends in the squad. I am lower on him than most (I prefer Coman and Sané over him) but let’s see what happens with Lewandowski and Mané. He doesn’t seem to particularly like playing on the wing but that‘d be his role at Real as well. I really don’t know but hope he stays.
Thank you!, 19 gross is a lot of money. In any case, one of Madrid's legendary Itk has just said that an offer of 150 million for Havertz will appear soon in the press.
It is probably one of the many fairy tales with which he entertains us, but in that case Gnabry would be out of the question.

OleGunnar20

He's like Smalling bad (not Maguire bad) before being loaned out in Ole's first half a season taking over from Mourinho.

Before that Lenglet was the best defender, and among the best in the league. He became France starter during this period too. His stats, even when it comes to ball playing, distribution, passing trumped Pau Torres who is touted as ball playing CB.
I see, sounds like somebody worth looking at in that case. I'd have more faith in him rediscovering some form in a functioning system with consistent playtime, than I would Torres thriving in the PL. Also, why not take advantage of a desperate Barca while we can !

McTerminator

Chelsea is one thing, but you expected United to be decisive, seriously?

McTerminator

Chelsea and United are having huge background chances so its not surprising to me if those 2 clubs took longer to get going.

Clubs like Villa for example, who had nothing to play for really in the last month of the season have been able to get started on the summer ins and outs.
Can we stop with these sorts of excuses. We are missing a chief contract negotiator due to back room changes so that may have an impact on transfers.

However, having something to play for at the end of a season should never hinder the transfer window in any significant way.

It’s either a myth or sheer incompetence and needs to stop being referred to as some form of justification.

Blood Mage

:boring: Bit slow innit.
Smallest budget we've had in a while, difficult to identify a strategy whereby we don't blow our whole budget on two players. Plus our reputation is in the mud and players are rightfully reluctant to touch us with a pole.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: https://sportnet.sme.sk/spravy/futbal-martin-svidersky-odchod-manchester-united-prestup-la-liga/

Svidersky on joining a La Liga team:
I have spent the last days in Spain, where my steps will continue. They will follow in the first Spanish league, La Liga. I have high expectations, it will be a new experience, a new country. Spain came to me as the best option for my development. It is an opportunity to play men’s football and get more chances.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Chelsea have had their issues but I expect them to start rolling with the new ownership.

cyberman

Chelsea have had their issues but I expect them to start rolling with the new ownership.
I dunno, the 200m story did say 200m after sales so I’m guessing they’re waiting to get rid of Lukaku, Kante, Werner etc before they start buying. Right now they’re only losing players on a free.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Thank you!, 19 gross is a lot of money. In any case, one of Madrid's legendary Itk has just said that an offer of 150 million for Havertz will appear soon in the press.
It is probably one of the many fairy tales with which he entertains us, but in that case Gnabry would be out of the question.
:lol: I'm beginning to think RM think of Chelsea as some kind of feeder club. We should trigger Vinicius or Camavinga's release clause just as a feck you reminder to leave us alone. There are other clubs in Europe you can plunder.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Eh? So we get rid of Axel instead of Phil Jones. Axel can actually pass a damn football, I was hoping under a proper manager and system, he would get a chance. There’s a proper footballer in there, we’ve done an extremely shoddy job of handling his development.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Eh? So we get rid of Axel instead of Phil Jones. Axel can actually pass a damn football, I was hoping under a proper manager and system, he would get a chance. There’s a proper footballer in there, we’ve done an extremely shoddy job of handling his development.
Maybe he has asked to leave as wants more football.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Get AWB sold, have Laird as back up. Will free up funds to sign another CM/DM and Laird will hopefully kick on.
Laird won’t get a chance, if we sell AWB we’ll be bringing in another fullback. I think he deserves the chance to challenge for that right back spot but I don’t think we’ll give him that shot.

pascell

Laird won’t get a chance, if we sell AWB we’ll be bringing in another fullback. I think he deserves the chance to challenge for that right back spot but I don’t think we’ll give him that shot.
Unfortunately, I agree. This is the season to bring players like Laird into the fold as well have a hectic schedule leading up to and beyond the WC.

With the amount of players leaving on a free, or being sold, this is the season to bring the young players into the fold.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
:lol: I'm beginning to think RM think of Chelsea as some kind of feeder club. We should trigger Vinicius or Camavinga's release clause just as a feck you reminder to leave us alone. There are other clubs in Europe you can plunder.
Are you really complaining about Real paying 35bn for Hazard? :lol:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Come off it, man. He couldn’t get into Villa’s team, blamed Gerrard because he was a Man Utd player (:lol:) and then decided to join Napoli on loan who saw him play twice and decided that was enough.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Are you really complaining about Real paying 35bn for Hazard? :lol:
Nah that deal is the gift that keeps on giving but still, at the time it was annoying, plus T-Bo, Rudiger, now they're sniffing around Reece James and Havertz. They need to be reminded that we can bully them back if we need to :lol:

Withnail

Tuanzebe is often injured and unproven at the top level. While Jones has injury problems, he's a very good defender when fit. Also at Tuanzebe's age we're likely to get some kind of a fee for him. Him and Bailly could well have asked to leave as they're getting no game time at United whatsoever.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Why do Arsenal insist on calling themselves "the Arsenal"?
They’re an insecure football club and this has filtrated into the mentality of their fanbase too.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
He’s 25 and still going on loans, he will be looking to settle down somewhere now.

jones is allegedly seeking more chances elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.