Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
This is my club and this is where I feel good. I'm playing well - I feel very well. I think I have many more years to play. I feel confident.

Yes, I would like to stay here more years and make records of games and records of everything. To try to help the young people here as well with my experience and try to win trophies.
Highlight:

Mr Smith

Source (Tier 2):

The United link is coming from A Bola. No reliable outlet has linked us back with Félix. However, I'm still posting this Tweet here as he's been strongly linked with United in the past, and there's no indication of United completely moving on from Félix.

The reason João Félix wants to leave is because of his reduced role in the recent matches culminating in Simeone not subbing him in against Brugge. He met with Jorge Mendes last night, further adding fuel to the fire.
He's a player I'd love to have here, but can we afford him? And would he really fit into a role as a striker in our team?

SAF is the GOAT

Manchester United are monitoring AC Milan’s Rafael Leao. Erik ten Hag is a big admirer of him and sent scouts to watch him face Chelsea in AC Milan’s two recent Champions League ties.

Ten Hag will have to wait until next summer to make a move for Rafael Leao after being told money will be at a premium in the January transfer window

Ten Hag had been hoping to see Anthony Martial stake his claim for a long-term future at Manchester United. But his injury problems have prompted Ten Hag to look at other options.

[MullockSMirror]

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
The source:

Simon Mullock is Tier 4 and for a good reason. When he broke the news that Leeds came to an agreement with Cody Gakpo, that was instantly refuted by the more reliable sources. I wouldn't take this too seriously at this time.

croadyman

The source:

Simon Mullock is Tier 4 and for a good reason. When he broke the news that Leeds came to an agreement with Cody Gakpo, that was instantly refuted by the more reliable sources. I wouldn't take this too seriously at this time.
Very true but do feel we will sign a striker

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
The source:

I would happily take one of Leao or Gakpo.
Not sure what that does to Sancho/Rashford though.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord

Highlight:
De Gea has shown improvement in his sweeping and command of the box in each game he’s played, you can tell they’ve been working on it. He looks so much more confident and he has the skill set for it just not the confidence but now that’s changed and I would love for a true legend to continue. He’s the least of our problems and I would love to see his progression into the last phase of his career. GKs peak late and he may just be about to peak into a monster of a keeper.

Devil81

Surely the big wigs at the club would demand De Gea get hugely reduced terms to stay. He's nowhere near a 350k player, that might ultimately become the stumbling block as his agent will no doubt fight any reduction in salary.

Bestie07

Surely the big wigs at the club would demand De Gea get hugely reduced terms to stay. He's nowhere near a 350k player, that might ultimately become the stumbling block as his agent will no doubt fight any reduction in salary.
His agent should talk to other clubs, he would then find that his client will still be overpaid here even if we offered him a new deal with a 50% reduction.

Acquire Me

Isn't Leao a left sided forward like Rashford/Sancho? Think we have bigger priorities in other positions to be blowing 60m on him.
Agree. He looks nothing like a CF. I have not seen a lot of him though, but I would also compare him to Rashford.

IrishMcD

Agree. He looks nothing like a CF. I have not seen a lot of him though, but I would also compare him to Rashford.
He is much, much better than Rashford. I suggest you watch him for a few games over the next few weeks if you get the chance and you’ll be very impressed. (I don’t mean that to sound insulting to you, mate. Although it’s a shit source, I’d be thrilled if we managed to get him) pace, power, dribbling, finishing, creativity, think he is better than Rashford in every single aspect.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He is much, much better than Rashford. I suggest you watch him for a few games over the next few weeks if you get the chance and you’ll be very impressed. (I don’t mean that to sound insulting to you, mate. Although it’s a shit source, I’d be thrilled if we managed to get him) pace, power, dribbling, finishing, creativity, think he is better than Rashford in every single aspect.
Missing the point a bit are you not. Point being is he a LF or a CF and we need a CF

Idxomer

I liked what I've seen from Leao before but watching him closely with Portugal and against Chelsea, I wasn't as impressed.

I think there's a possibility he ends up playing as a striker but maybe that's just me not being used to someone that tall on the wing.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Im pretty sure Milan would ask way more than 60M for him.
If he doesn't renew that figure is too high(next summer). If he does, it's waaaaay too low. Either way, guy's talking outta his arse

Sweet Square

:drool:

Would be amazing be can’t see it happening. Also don’t know his contract situation but he will go for something closer to £100 million.

Hopefully Martinez from Inter
I would take him for his energy but he has only scored more than 20 goals once at Inter(Last season) and overall it’s 61 goals in 144 appearances. Guy is great to watch live but also have a tendency of missing sitters as well.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Making an observation on a completely different topic and said as much, but ok. If it makes you feel better, I’m missing the point. No need respond to me again.

You suggested somebody watch the player again because hes much better than Rashford. Thats not an observation and you missed the point completely since the poster was not saying Rashford was better more that they are comparable positionally.
My last response no doubt.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
  • Dalot wants to stay despite United not having approached him/his camp for talks.
  • Besides Barcelona, the teams interested in Dalot (reminder): Juventus, Atletico Madrid, AC Milan, Roma

Suedesi

• Dalot wants to stay despite United not having approached him/his camp for talks.
  • Besides Barcelona, the teams interested in Dalot (reminder): Juventus, Atletico Madrid, AC Milan, Roma
Barcelona, Juventus, Atletico and Roma would be downgrades, Milan on par with us - but he won't get paid as much in Serie A

TsuWave

Barcelona, Juventus, Atletico and Roma would be downgrades, Milan on par with us - but he won't get paid as much in Serie A
Barcelona is only a downgrade in the head of United fans. For majority of players Barcelona > United.

Suedesi

Barcelona is only a downgrade in the head of United fans. For majority of players Barcelona > United.
Barcelona are skint, in decline, and trying to cancel the contracts of many of their legendary players. You'd be paid less, bood loudly and attacked mercilessly by the press. Only a moron would pine for that club

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
These clubs are seeing something in Dalot that I'm not. He's a just about functional RB who offers very little end product when he gets forward.

I think a new and better RB is up there with a new CF in our list of priorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.