Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Full quotes from ten Hag on de Gea + other players with their contracts coming to a close:
We didn’t make a decision on him but what I can say is that I am really happy with David de Gea as a keeper. His first two performances of the season were not his best performances but after you see he brings us a lot for the defensive department, gives stability.

And, as a person, I like him, I can really cooperate with him really well but first we go to the winter and then we will talk about how [to] deal with such situations. In this moment we only think about perfoming, we have a lot of games to go, so I don’t want to get that interfered by talks, we have to focus on football and performances, not on negotiating. That’s what we have to do now.

lysglimt

Scout
Sounds to me like he has made a decision on De Gea but doesn't want to upset him during the season.
Or that he simply doesn't know - or that he at present wants to keep him but wants to wait until he gets United to offer a new contract.

It's impossible to say

roseguy64

Or that he simply doesn't know - or that he at present wants to keep him but wants to wait until he gets United to offer a new contract.

It's impossible to say
People love to speculate rather than waiting on further information to judge properly.

Dannn411

Yeah because leeches don't want to lose their money making machine simple as that
Based on my understanding of how football contracts work, it would cost the club a lot to terminate now because they would have to pay out a lump sum or get sued to the ground for unlawful termination. And we know damn well that Ronaldo and his massive ego would never take a haircut to his lump sum just to get out of the contract.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 2:

Jeremie Frimpong started off at Manchester City's youth academy before making his name at Celtic. He's currently at Bayer Leverkusen and is a promising attacking full back.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
Tier 2:

Jeremie Frimpong started off at Manchester City's youth academy before making his name at Celtic. He's currently at Bayer Leverkusen and is a promising attacking full back.
God please let this be true. Him and Malacia can alternate with Shaw and Dalot. Gives us the balance and depth of always having one overlapping full back and one inverted full back in each game.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Ten Hag on whether Ronaldo would stay for the rest of the season and even beyond that:
Both. That (movement in January) is speculation. I count on Cristiano. So in this moment it is not an item.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
So if we can let Ronaldo go on a free transfer surely that opens up the possibility of a Schick/David in January
I strongly doubt these are targets for jan, are they mentioned in the article?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 2:

This is in response to a story from both Pete O'Rourke and FootyInsider247 (both Tier 4) where they claimed that United and Edwards came to an agreement.

croadyman

Improving the first team in any way during the winter will be a major step in the right direction from us. I'm not expecting us to do anything, so even one new first-team signing will impress me.
So which position if you had to pick just one

croadyman

Personally, I'd really like United to sign a striker first and foremost, but if we can strengthen another first-team position in the meantime, I won't be disappointed by that.
Yeah we are in dire need of a striker

Widow

Improving the first team in any way during the winter will be a major step in the right direction from us. I'm not expecting us to do anything, so even one new first-team signing will impress me.
I agree with every word. improving the RB or SC roles would be ideal but with the large outlay in the summer I have doubts that we'll be active in January and we could also see a dip in the summer.

We are heading in the right direction I only hope that EtH continues to get the backing he needs.

Chairman Steve

I’d prioritise the striker first and foremost, especially if Ronaldo goes this January (hopefully) and since the No.11 is more than likely never kicking a ball again at a professional level. Not to mention Martial becoming more and more fragile and Rashford not clinical enough to be striker.

RB and GK can be placed on ice until next summer.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Looks as if ten Hag will make the call on de Gea whilst the recruitment team are looking for replacements with both Costa and Simon mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.