Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannn411

Don't care how great Kane is. We cannot spend £80m on a 30 year old. Pure madness. We cannot keep lighting money on fire.

VanGaalyTime

for 40m as a stop-gap fine. It'll be a RVP type signing. But anything over 50 is insane and indicative of how poor our financial and transfer strategy has been recently.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Don't care how great Kane is. We cannot spend £80m on a 30 year old. Pure madness. We cannot keep lighting money on fire.
for 40m as a stop-gap fine. It'll be a RVP type signing. But anything over 50 is insane and indicative of how poor our financial and transfer strategy has been recently.
Kane can age like Lewa - still banging in bucket loads of goals - got another 3-4 years of 15-25 goals a season in him.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Kane can age like Lewa - still banging in bucket loads of goals - got another 3-4 years of 15-25 goals a season in him.
Or Benzema. I too think Kane has a minimum of three more year as one of the best strikers in the world. £80 mill is a lot for three to five years. But for Kane I think it could be worth it.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
That's right, but it seems like Sesko's being monitored for a future window instead of next summer. He's only 19 after all.
Thought Leipzig were open to offers even though he hasn’t kicked a ball for them yet

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Can you share these reports with me? I've yet to find anything about this.
I'm not aware of this. Feel free to share the report(s) with this.
I’ve seen it too, like tweets from the usual suspects mentioning that it’s a possibility. But was probably a few months ago IIRC.
I don’t have them on hand it was a while back there were a few tweets from journalists saying they’d be willing to sell even though they’d only just bought him.
Not the greatest source and I’ve seen it a couple times since this tweet - I’ll see it I can find them but this is what I found with a quick Twitter search

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Not the greatest source and I’ve seen it a couple times since this tweet - I’ll see it I can find them but this is what I found with a quick Twitter search

No wonder I wasn't aware of this. I don't really put much stock on Graeme Bailey's reports, personally. If he's the outlet for the news, then I wouldn't take this seriously.

By the way, you should quote the Tweet so that it doesn't come up in the feed.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
No wonder I wasn't aware of this. I don't really put much stock on Graeme Bailey's reports, personally. If he's the outlet for the news, then I wouldn't take this seriously.

By the way, you should quote the Tweet so that it doesn't come up in the feed.
Quote the tweet? Every time or just in instances like the above? (Old tweet)

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 1 corroboration of some of today's news (from Paul Hirst):

Thanks to @Zoo for the 2nd Tweet from the Harry Kane thread.

croadyman

If Utd sign Kane and a CM, lets say one of Frenkie, Rice, Bellingham or the one from Benfica, that would be a great summer transfer window, maybe a RB or Gk,
Would be fantastic window for fixing the issues in the first XI, then can focus on squad depth next. My gut feeling is that Fernandez is the one of those we probably have the best chance of getting because see De Jong staying, Rice going to Arsenal or Chelsea and Bellingham joining the scousers

croadyman

Ugh not Harry kane. We would be robbed.
What is it about Kane that puts you off, if I had to guess it would be his age compared to the other two. I can understand what you are saying but with Kane you have already seen for years what he can do in this league

pacifictheme

What is it about Kane that puts you off, if I had to guess it would be his age compared to the other two. I can understand what you are saying but with Kane you have already seen for years what he can do in this league
Yeah it's his age and how much he would probably cost. I am also not convinced he will be a zlatan who plays well into his 30s at a high level, so it would be a short term signing. He's already slowing down in my opinion.

Another thing is we have Varane who is 29, casemiro who is 30 and de gea who is already in his 30s. Thinking ahead a little but I would rather not have the whole spine of the team need replacing at almost the same time.

Elcabron

80m outlay plus say salary of 15m pa over 4 year contract? Total outlay of 140m and he scores 20 goals per season for total of 80 goals? That's pushing 2m per goal ....it's a lot of money.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
80m outlay plus say salary of 15m pa over 4 year contract? Total outlay of 140m and he scores 20 goals per season for total of 80 goals? That's pushing 2m per goal ....it's a lot of money.
It probably a package of approx £32 mill per season. Around the same we paid for Pogba. Less than Chelsea will pay for Lukaku. These players failed. Obviously clubs do think around £30 mill for a player is fair if he is of high enough quality.

Vapor trail

Kane at 85 million is terrible business due to his age. If the fee is reduced it makes sense but Levy isn't game to selling him to a rival. Reading the article it's likely to cost around 100 million.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
When we signed Weghorst, I had a bad feeling that ETH would really like Kane and that he's the player we'd go for. Looking like that'll be the case. He looks like he's past his best now to me, he'll do maybe ok for a year or two but I don't think he'll be a good signing in the long run.

Elcabron

It probably a package of approx £32 mill per season. Around the same we paid for Pogba. Less than Chelsea will pay for Lukaku. These players failed. Obviously clubs do think around £30 mill for a player is fair if he is of high enough quality.
Which is 128 over 4 years, close to what I said above. Huge outlay, not much of an issue if we are brought by a middle eastern country but better to stear clear otherwise.

Flanders Devil

I am not for signing Kane for the age and cost reasons most people have said...however having said that, based on your scenario above of 20 (league) goals per season for 4 seasons, then I'd probably actually take that.

We could spend less money (but still also), and not achieve those numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.