Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Tier 3:

Translation + more info:

Neymar's transfer is linked to the Qatari takeover.
Nooooooo no no nooooo.

Fed up signing overpriced primadonnas who'll just decimate the wage budget. Build for the future ffs. We've tried this route too many times.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Tier 3:

Translation + more info:

Neymar's transfer is linked to the Qatari takeover.
If he's super keen he shouldn't be averse to an appearance related wage. Outstanding player, no question. But he needs to be professional and he needs to be fit.

Mr Smith

Nooooooo no no nooooo.

Fed up signing overpriced primadonnas who'll just decimate the wage budget. Build for the future ffs. We've tried this route too many times.
The good news is it looks like all the noise is coming from Neymar's camp, nothing from us.

rooney2009

The underrating of Mount must stop. I've seen two posts now - one stating McTominay is better than Mount and now this one stating Fred is better than Mount. People forget how bang average Fred and McTominay have been for us over the years just because they only get cameos here and there nowadays.
Why do you rate Mount so highly?
Trust me there is nothing special about him.

lysglimt

Scout
Nooooooo no no nooooo.

Even if I generally agree with you - a lot of people said the same thing when Casemiro was mentioned.

Alemar

What would be the point in signing Neymar. He plays the position where we already have our best players.

Eplel

I don't doubt Neymar as a talent, although he does piss me off.

I don't want him because he's missed like half of PSG's games during his time there.

Blood Mage

Everyone can see that Neymar would be a huge mistake. A classic Glazer commercial signing to sell shirts.

Onerealunited

Id love it if we could sell him for that supposed halved price (£10m)
not unrealistic though. He is young, explosive, homegrown, and has prior to this season shown that he has a potential in the right team setting. If he plays his cards right he will be in the PL for many years

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Even if I generally agree with you - a lot of people said the same thing when Casemiro was mentioned.
I think people had a issue with the fee and his age, to some extent. But fans acknowledged, even from afar, that Casemiro was a utmost respected individual and wasn't a primadonna.

But United do need to seriously consider looking towards the future.
Now I would classify Neymar as a midfielder and the signings Ten Hag has brought-in for that area have been over 30 already.
Our youngest midfielder in the squad, who does feature regularly, is McTominay at 26 yrs old, and he's simply not good enough.

lysglimt

Scout
I think people had a issue with the fee and his age, to some extent. But fans acknowledged, even from afar, that Casemiro was a utmost respected individual and wasn't a primadonna.

But United do need to seriously consider looking towards the future.
Now I would classify Neymar as a midfielder and the signings Ten Hag has brought-in for that area have been over 30 already.
Our youngest midfielder in the squad, who does feature regularly, is McTominay at 26 yrs old, and he's simply not good enough.
The way I see it with Neymar - if we can get him on loan, and he is not our only attacking signing - I am all for it. Assuming of course his wages arent astronomically high.
Even if he only plays 20 matches - he will probably still score 10 goals and assist 5 times - he is that good. But I would not want us signing both him and Kane as both are 30 +

If we sign him or Kane, I want another young striker in addition

NLunited

If we sign Neymar, it is a sign on the wall that the club has lost it. This surely is bs.

Levi1

Not exactly. Some fans suspected that, while he's always been a model professional, that given his age and prior achievements, and given the step down in quality to United, that he was only chasing a payday. That suspicion has proved to be incorrect and I suspect that the people who signed him judged that correctly. The fans who were cautious about him were not involved in the decision.

Not so with Neymar: we (fans and club officials alike) already know for a fact from PRIOR observation, that he a) is mainly looking for paydays, and b) is a primadonna who wants all the attention on him. So completely different.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I'd rather flog Eriksen and keep Fred. He has more of an impact. Eriksen is too lightweight for me.
Honestly one of the worst takes I've ever seen on here. Thank feck you dont work for the club.

ManRed

Come on Harry show you are prepared to do whatever it takes to make this move happen,unless of course you are just happy to wait out for more options next summer
Thats so far from the truth. You think any person will let go of 100million for 1 year of a footballer. They just trying to drive up the price and dont want low ball offers. If all clubs start bidding at 60-65 million then Levy has this nonsense to fall back on and negotiate.

glasgow 21

Come on Harry show you are prepared to do whatever it takes to make this move happen,unless of course you are just happy to wait out for more options next summer
The only man that can get Kane out of Spurs is Harry Kane himself, anything else is a waste of time even discussing. Unless he puts a transfer request Levy will just take the piss out of him due of his ties to the club. Why would Levy say he will only sell outside of premier league ? Surely that devalues his asset playing this hand.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
So given a choice would people prefer him who is a RB and cover CB or KMJ who is obviously the natural CB just out of interest
Really depends on the fee. I'd rather go cheaper here than cut corners at the striker position and eventually end up with a player who wasn't first choice due to costs. But yeah, I absolutely would've loved Kim and I would honestly say get both if a) the money is there and b) if we can get rid of Maguire somehow. Think Pavard is an upgrade over AWB who will surely leave if this transfer comes to fruition.

Status
Not open for further replies.