Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwards6

I get selling him, best for both parties but surely there will be takers. We’re already likely to lose millions on his value, we’re gonna chuck another 10m down the drain too?! :eek:
There will be takers but they won't match the wages we pay him so we'll have to compensate him for the money he's losing, otherwise he could just refuse to leave

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
There will be takers but they won't match the wages we pay him so we'll have to compensate him for the money he's losing, otherwise he could just refuse to leave
By all accounts he's desperate to play and wants to remain in the England side. We can play the brinksmanship game too - strip him of all first team privileges and tell him to find a new club and take a pay cut, or rot with the U-23s.

Edwards6

By all accounts he's desperate to play and wants to remain in the England side. We can play the brinksmanship game too - strip him of all first team privileges and tell him to find a new club and take a pay cut, or rot with the U-23s.
Do that and his value drops even more, if we can sell him now for £30-40m it's worth paying part of his wages to get rid of him

Tarrou

great we’re doing business early for once

imagine if we became a well run club, we’d have nothing to moan about

Onerealunited

Based on the few games I have watched I would suggest that he would be interesting for ETH to fill in the role VdB was supposed to. Since VdB got injured, ETH wanted Sabitzer who is filling a similar offensive role. To me Mason Mount is better than both. If we can offload VdB, then we would have Mason Mount in instead of VdB and Sabitzer (from a wage perspective, hopefully the Wage of Mason isn't higher than the two combined)

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Crazy if it's anything above 50m.
More like crazy if it’s anything above 45m.. saying he’s worth circa 50m is like saying he’s worth half of Kane’s value (100m).. Kane is 5 times the player Mount is, not 2.

With a year left on his contract, 40m should be the most we are willing to pay, maybe 45 if the payment terms are lengthy and performance incentivized

Gordon S

Huhhh? ‘Hoping for under 60m’!?

Should be more like under 40m
That was my exact response as well!
What in the actual feck am i missing if the club is willing to even get close to those numbers!

I was hoping for a more low key transfer at around 25-30m which is still a bit much for a squad addition like this

RyRy11

I wish we were in for Kovacic instead. I imagine City will sign him for 30m and we'll get Mount for something like 50m+

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I wish we were in for Kovacic instead. I imagine City will sign him for 30m and we'll get Mount for something like 50m+
Can kovacic bomb up and down in an 8 like Mount theoretically would? Also isn't he suffering from more injuries? Haven't really followed the reasons hes missed games this season to be fair.

Erik the Red

he'll replace Eriksen in midfield, especially in the tougher games where we look exposed
I'm sure I read somewhere that starting with a midfield three of Casemiro, Eriksen and Bruno we had a 100% success rate. ETH knows what he is doing, but we just need to make sure there is adequate cover when any of them are injured / suspended.

RyRy11

Can kovacic bomb up and down in an 8 like Mount theoretically would? Also isn't he suffering from more injuries? Haven't really followed the reasons hes missed games this season to be fair.
He isn't as mobile and I think the reason we want Mount is his pressing qualities, Kovacic would be cheap alternative to what FDJ would bring if EtH still wants to go down that avenue.

We'd still need someone in that Mount role most likely, just not sure if he is worth buying for the money touted. These new FFP rules force teams to be more efficient with their spending and getting Mount for £50m with one year left on his contract wouldnt be smart business to me. I'd love to be proven wrong, so I hope this works out.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
I can't believe we're spending over £50m on Mason Mount.

Status
Not open for further replies.