g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante

Average bang
It's why when you think of the biggest clubs in the world, yes we're up there but we'll never be as big as Barca or Real.

We don't have 'it' whereas they definitely do.

How Bartomeu isn't in prison for a long, long time though, I have no idea. He's fecked them completely.
Barcelona/Madrid are bigger in latin countries where the present heartlands of football exist. But United are bigger outside of those heartlands in places like Africa, Asia and N America.

We may never be able to overtake them in Argentina or southern Europe. But the centre of gravity for global football is currently shifting.

As more and more world class players start to come out of the rest of world (particularly Africa in the the next 20 or 30 years), we'll all be talking about how United's pull unrivalled.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Barcelona/Madrid are bigger in latin countries where the present heartlands of football exist. But United are bigger outside of those heartlands in places like Africa, Asia and N America.

We may never be able to overtake them in Argentina or southern Europe. But the centre of gravity for global football is currently shifting.

As more and more world class players start to come out of the rest of world (particularly Africa in the the next 20 or 30 years), we'll all be talking about how United's pull unrivalled.
Explain the likes of Lewandowski then. I'm not sure the 'they're bigger in latin countries' thing works anymore. They're just flat out bigger everywhere to me. If it came down to a three way duel between us and those two we're not winning regardless of who it is, even with English players these days.

Dante

Average bang
Explain the likes of Lewandowski then. I'm not sure the 'they're bigger in latin countries' thing works anymore. They're just flat out bigger everywhere to me. If it came down to a three way duel between us and those two we're not winning regardless of who it is, even with English players these days.
United are in 6th place right now.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
United are in 6th place right now.
If Barça were I'd wager he'd still wanna go whereas we just don't have that power.

Barça are on the verge of liquidation and they're still a bigger pull than anyone except Madrid.

RRCE

I think what is happening is, for any value above 16m euros Ajax need to give Sao Paulo 20% of the money. I don't have access to the contract, of course. But that is what Carlos Belmont(Sao Paulo general director) said some months ago.
Then pay them 16M for Antony and add 35M onto the fee for Martinez. Easy. Not shady at all.

redsunited

This is already a huge fee for Antony. If Ajax turn it down, I hope we don't pursue this any further. ETH evidently wants him a lot this season. I still have some reservations for this sort of money. Pressure on him will be huge in the media.
I hope united says it is a take it or leave it offer. About time United says no to the Special United fee the selling club expects.

MUFC OK

Net spend at £0 so far then. After finishing 6th in our wrist ever season. RIP this beautiful club.

Antony, De Jong and Martinez are the only targets it seems - I wouldnt even be enthralled if we signed them all. Question marks over each.

Elcabron

Strangely, no mention of a fee.
Yes I wasn't even sure if it was a permanent signing from that article. Will be interesting to see what fee is if permanent. Hope we have a buy back clause or at least sell on clause. He could be a decent player this lad.

The Red Thinker

There we go… not De Jong’s love for Barca. Man just wants the millions he’s owed. Of he really loved Barca the way the media makes it out to be, he’d have walked away by now. Then again… ITS MILLIONS! So love can only go so far.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
Then pay them 16M for Antony and add 35M onto the fee for Martinez. Easy. Not shady at all.
:lol: That is super shady and will signal clubs like Sao Paolo to be wary of conducting business with them in the future.
Interesting idea though, one that is only an option if we sign two players from them.

Elcabron

There we go… not De Jong’s love for Barca. Man just wants the millions he’s owed. Of he really loved Barca the way the media makes it out to be, he’d have walked away by now. Then again… ITS MILLIONS! So love can only go so far.
It's a game of poker at this stage I think. Barca know that they will have to pay him the 17 or 18m that's been reported he is owed, if he leaves. But surely they will have to pay it to him even if he stays? So they would seem to be screwed either way, in which case, just sell him, take the hit and move on.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
:lol: That is super shady and will signal clubs like Sao Paolo to be wary of conducting business with them in the future.
Interesting idea though, one that is only an option if we sign two players from them.
Didn't Monaco and Porto do something similar to Sporting? :lol:

Suv666

It's why when you think of the biggest clubs in the world, yes we're up there but we'll never be as big as Barca or Real.

We don't have 'it' whereas they definitely do.

How Bartomeu isn't in prison for a long, long time though, I have no idea. He's fecked them completely.
Yeah its hard to pinpoint what the exact reason of their pull is but the glamour that comes with Barca and Real is unrivalled irrespective of their trophy count or league position.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Yeah its hard to pinpoint what the exact reason of their pull is but the glamour that comes with Barca and Real is unrivalled irrespective of their trophy count or league position.
The players that have represented them; the football they have won trophies playing; the prestige of following in the footsteps of idols since childhood; the location; weather and consistency of challenging for honours.

Nobody else has all that in such volume and consistency. Barcelona have had: Cruyff, Maradona, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Messi and Neymar play for them... somewhere in that pile you've captured the hearts of countless, exceptional prospects the world over. Same obviously goes for Madrid, coupled with them being the de facto CL team.

Prestige is a big thing, and when it comes with oodles of cash as well as other parts of the above, it's a real no-brainer as to why they have stood at the top of totem for so long.

It's only state level spending that can break their stranglehold, as we're seeing.

sparx99

The players that have represented them; the football they have won trophies playing; the prestige of following in the footsteps of idols since childhood; the location; weather and consistency of challenging for honours.

Nobody else has all that in such volume and consistency. Barcelona have had: Cruyff, Maradona, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Messi and Neymar play for them... somewhere in that pile you've captured the hearts of countless, exceptional prospects the world over. Same obviously goes for Madrid, coupled with them being the de facto CL team.

Prestige is a big thing, and when it comes with oodles of cash as well as other parts of the above, it's a real no-brainer as to why they have stood at the top of totem for so long.

It's only state level spending that can break their stranglehold, as we're seeing.
Plus Barcelona is a great city to live in. The weather and beaches etc. I would prefer Manchester but not many would.

2E_MUFC

Net spend at £0 so far then. After finishing 6th in our wrist ever season. RIP this beautiful club.

Antony, De Jong and Martinez are the only targets it seems - I wouldnt even be enthralled if we signed them all. Question marks over each.
Who would you have gone for then? We are obviously not going to finish with a net spend of £0. What would you want them to do? Bow down to Barcelona’s demands. People complain when we overpay then people complain when we take our time for the right deal. The club can’t win

cyberman

Our targets say our scouting system is non existant and ETH does not trust it.
To be fair if the new manager is able to bring in his players that’s better than the players we are scouting then I don’t see a problem with it. An Argentinian international with CL and European football experience who has yet to enter his prime and is one of the best ball playing CBS in Europe and who wants to come here and at a reasonable price?
Who can we scout better than that?

TsuWave

I agree that Real is >> but, United are bigger or at the very least it’s debatable with Barca. They were always a big club obviously, but they weren’t even tier 1 until very recently - Ronaldinho-Messi years. Barca really doesn’t have it like that, or at least like Real does. And yes they have pull, but it’s mostly due to cultural and geographical reasons, historical players and Messi years still being fresh in the mind. Considering how they’ve been mismanaged in recent years though

I don’t know how anyone can honestly say United will never be as big as Barca, kind of insane to me, really

Last edited:

Dan_F

We’ll it’s been completely ripped up and we have a manager with a completely different outlook on football to this time last year, and even to Rangnick.

We can’t hire new scouts and expect a full list of targets in a month. It’s not football manager.

Teja

I think we've at least identified where we need signings even if we don't make them all now. All our transfer targets point to:

#1 Playmaking mid
#2 RW
#3 CB
#4 CF when Ronaldo leaves (initially pushed to next season, but we'll probably do it this season)
.... long way down....
#5 RB.
#6 2nd CM spot.

We wanted 1, 2, 3 this season and I think that's a pretty reasonable way to go about it. #2 and #3 will happen this season. Be that Martinez and Antony or others. Only real question is #1.

Infact I'd say if we manage to sign FdJ, Antony, Martinez, Eriksen this season and follow up with a RB, CM, CF next season, we'll be in business again.

Von Mistelroum

This is going to end badly. Nobody seems interested in signing him so he'll be forced to stay. He won't be happy but we'll have to play him every game we can because we have no other strikers. Not ideal at all.

Real Name

Sad day for the entire club of Manchester United. RIP indeed.

Red00012

Sky sports are reporting Utd are willing to listen to offers for Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.