Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trex

I swear, we are most spoiled fans in PL.

1) We want 11 world class players in first 11. "Oh no, we have Dalot and De Gea starting. We don't have any chance this season".
2) We want 2 high quality players on every position. For some positions, even 3 (just in case of plague).
3) 27y old is high limit for players bought. "Casemiro is 30. In 3(!!) years we will again need to spend on defensive midfielder."

Meanwhile; "Give youth a chance!".
I know right, all things considered we have done a good window. We can't fix all our problems at once. Martinez, Malacia, Eriksen, Casemiro, Antony, Dubrawka, 200m+ spent.
Would have loved it if Ronaldo left and we replaced him but oh well. We'll still need a long term 9, central midfielder, right back and goalie, but that will have to wait till next summer/January.
I'll rate our window 7.5/10.

A9X SJ

Rashford - shit 90% of the time.
Martial - injured 90% of the time.
Elanga - shit 95% of the time.
Sancho - still has question marks
CR7 - wants to leave, doesn't help the setup anyways
Antony - hopefully a world beater

So yeah, 3 are basically useless at this point in time.
What happens to Greenwood ? If charges etc are dropped is his career finished or is welcomed back in

Olecurls99

1) We want 11 world class players in first 11. "Oh no, we have Dalot and De Gea starting. We don't have any chance this season".
2) We want 2 high quality players on every position. For some positions, even 3 (just in case of plague).
3) 27y old is high limit for players bought. "Casemiro is 30. In 3(!!) years we will again need to spend on defensive midfielder."

:lol: Spot on

Erik the Red

Defenders are completely different thing. Plus Jones and Bailly were/are finished in this club (plan was to sell Bailly which we did in some way).
Use some common sense. We go and spend another 50 mil on new attacker. You have 3 attackers, on big wages, fighting for one (!!) spot.
And we are not even in CL so PL is what is important this year.
How do you expect that that would work for ETH? We have already a "problem" how Ronaldo will accept bench/rotation. This is not FM, ffs. Hell, even in FM you can't have 3 strikers in team (unless one of them is perfectly happy with being 3rd option and playing then and there).
Our defenders (Jones and Bailly) were a different situation as they were injured for months on end and couldn't complain about not getting in the first team. Players like Ronaldo feel they are above sitting on the bench, and even last season threw a strop when he was benched for a game. That is why good managers maintain a balanced squad that has sufficient cover for injuries, loss of form, rotation and bringing players off the bench. However, these players need to be able to accept that they won't be guaranteed starters and it is the manager's decision. Players signed for huge fees like Harry Maguire find it harder to accept this demotion in status than a kid who came from the youth team. Pogba had this entitled attitude as a kid, and that is why fergie let him go.

In the biggest game of our greatest ever season, we started with first choice Yorke and Cole up front, and on came the impact substitutes Sheringham and Solskjaer to score the equalising and winning goals that secured the treble. Obviously it is easier to keep people happy when you are a substitute at a club winning trophies, but that is up to ETH to change, and I'm sure he will. Up until that point, there may be times we have to rely on the youngsters like Garner, Garnacho, etc. covering for the first team players. These are talented kids, who can certainly be rotational squad players for the caribou Cup, and they are not likely to throw a strop and tell their agent to whore them around Europe if the sit on the bench for a game.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia

And when youth comes on and runs a bit with intensity: “Wow what a star, a future world beater!”
Then youth plays 2-3 games: “Yeah, this guy is not good, coach is shit for giving him a chance, where are the good players, can’t win with kids”.

Loony BoB

And when youth comes on and runs a bit with intensity: “Wow what a star, a future world beater!”
Then youth plays 2-3 games: “Yeah, this guy is not good, coach is shit for giving him a chance, where are the good players, can’t win with kids”.
Honestly any player that comes through our academy is burdened as a scapegoat for life. If they weren't a marquee signing people think they're trash by default once they're a regular. See: all academy products since the class of 92.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
What happens to Greenwood ? If charges etc are dropped is his career finished or is welcomed back in
Who?

Seriously, the sooner the guy gets his comeuppance, the sooner I get to read less of this shite about him ever playing for this great club ever again. Sick of reading about if 'the charges are going to be dropped will he ever play again'

It's finished. Done. Kaput. He never played for United in my eyes.

DBT85

Only way he ever plays for United again is if he has his own tapes.

Never gonna happen.

Woodzy

Meh, we needed a couple more but there was obviously going to be a point where we reached our limit.

A lot of pressure on Antony to succeed though, as we could have used that cash on a couple of others instead to pad out the squad.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Well I hope if Ronaldo is staying he realises a not match fit Ronaldo is no use to Portugal in the World Cup. He might be fit physically but he is nowhere near up to speed. If he carries on playing half arsed for us I hope they sing 'Get your finger out of your arse to him'.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
If Ronaldo leaves and he will, we will 100% sign a forward. Never mind the briefs.

Memento28

I guess people forget that it's a team sport and you don't need 11 world-class players to win matches, our fans want the best players while our team gets beaten constantly by EPL teams that don't have world-class players and are better coached.

Chris-Red

Rashford - shit 90% of the time.
Martial - injured 90% of the time.
Elanga - shit 95% of the time.
Sancho - still has question marks
CR7 - wants to leave, doesn't help the setup anyways
Antony - hopefully a world beater

So yeah, 3 are basically useless at this point in time.
I'm 95% certain that the percentages in that post are 99% made up.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Does anyone know if Napoli are currently willing to loan Victor Osimhen to Manchester United?

M4YON

It is a legal thing. No doubt about it. He will be terminated after the outcome of the case.
Whilst we have been asked not to talk about this particular subject I will say this, if what is currently happening continues to happen, there will be no case.

Momochiru

It is a legal thing. No doubt about it. He will be terminated after the outcome of the case.
He will be terminated only if he is convicted and sent to jail, otherwise he is too valuable for the club to just write him off. Most likely he will be sold abroad. There are plenty of clubs in Eastern Europe/Turkey/Middle East who would snap him up for 20-30M.

Status
Not open for further replies.