Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
:lol: Yes he's only played for PSG and Juventus, and the French National Team. Who has ever heard of these minnows Lou.
I don't think he's saying he has a bad feeling because he's never heard of him, just that he's been at "top" clubs and yet there's no one bit us in for him, and Jive were desperate to get rid of him this summer (just like Ramsey).

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Its a fair point, Juventus have been eager to get rid of Rabiot due to his high wages and yet nobody has enquired about him. You have to wonder why that is.
It’s not a fair point. He’s an established international player! Even if he isn’t our first choice it’s pure ignorance to say he’s never heard of him. MUTV is full of clowns who have no idea what they are talking about.

M4YON

It’s not a fair point. He’s an established international player! Even if he isn’t our first choice it’s pure ignorance to say he’s never heard of him. MUTV is full of clowns who have no idea what they are talking about.
I never mentioned that part, sure he's an International player and its a ridiculous thing to say he hadn't heard of him.

BUT simply put, top players are often wanted by several teams, even those used as rotation players tend to have more than one suitor. Rabiot had none. I do wonder why that is.

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
Its a fair point, Juventus have been eager to get rid of Rabiot due to his high wages and yet nobody has enquired about him. You have to wonder why that is.
It's not a fair point at all. He may not be the signing we were hoping for but the guy is an established French international and has played for Juventus for years. Not knowing who he is simply ignorance.

C3Pique

I don't think he's saying he has a bad feeling because he's never heard of him, just that he's been at "top" clubs and yet there's no one bit us in for him, and Jive were desperate to get rid of him this summer (just like Ramsey).
He said he's never heard of him. Rabiot is a full international for France and plays more in the champions league than we do! To say he's never heard of him is wilful ignorance.

Fletcher, SAF, Macari. The McTominay preservation society is alive and well. I'll dance a jig in a kilt the day we release the jock jarhead.

McTerminator

I never mentioned that part, sure he's an International player and its a ridiculous thing to say he hadn't heard of him.

BUT simply put, top players are often wanted by several teams, even those used as rotation players tend to have more than one suitor. Rabiot had none. I do wonder why that is.
Was anyone else after Cantona? Similar arguments for both.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If true (highly doubt it), we'd have:
  1. Ronaldo & Jorge Mendes
  2. Rabiot & mum
  3. Icardi & Wanda
book your tickets now. Should have kept Lingard and Pogba btw, the ultimate soap opera club.

Last edited:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He didn't question his attitude or skills. He doesn't know who he is and because of that he looks like a clown.
Rabiot is an international player who plays for France, Juve and played for PSG. He had better career than half of our squad

TsuWave

Wagwan with these players Ten Hag is supposedly interested in?

Arnautovic, Werner, that lanky youth from Stuttgart, Rabiot

brother, what the hell is going on?

redcucumber

Wagwan with these players Ten Hag is supposedly interested in?

Arnautovic, Werner, that lanky youth from Stuttgart, Rabiot

brother, what the hell is going on?
I use slang in my everyday life, but there's something extra funny/weird about seeing it on Redcafe

Erik the Red

If true (highly doubt it), we'd have:
  1. Ronaldo & Jorge Mendes
  2. Rabiot & mum
  3. Icardi & Wanda
book your tickets now. Should have kept Lingard and Pogba btw, the ultimate soap opera club.
You forgot about Marcus and Dwayne!!!

Tiber

Rabiot has been available, with an expiring contract since the moment Juventus signed Pogba, if not before. If this isn't a panic buy, why wasn't he starting against Brighton?

lysglimt

Scout
Why is that a fair point ? Barcelona is trying madly to get rid of FDJ - only 2 clubs have shown an interest to sign him. And besides - Macari is a clueless moron - if he hasn't heard of player who has been a regular at PSG and Juve for 9 years

cyberman

Why is that a fair point ? Barcelona is trying madly to get rid of FDJ - only 2 clubs have shown an interest to sign him. And besides - Macari is a clueless moron - if he hasn't heard of player who has been a regular at PSG and Juve for 9 years
Lou once said we shouldn’t be going in for Rooney because we had Alan Smith.

Ted Lasso

Mourinho wanted the same. Spoke up about particularly rotten eggs and was crucified by posters for it.

Ole said this and then changed his tune to keep in line. Posters ate it up and we've had to debate whether or not the likes of McTominay and AWB are good enough for United.

Rangnick said the same, did not change and created quite a public fuss about it. A vocal portion of posters didn't like the players being so outwardly exposed and turned on him as if had been a terrible manager for us for several years rather than an interim with just a few months overseeing a dysfunctional unit.

So what happens with ETH? Do we want him to shut his trap and do the best with the players at his disposal? Or are we finally ready to turn the screw on the Glazers and club hierarchy that's brainwashed the fans into accepting this slowly destructive ownership.

I'll admit I've given the club a pass for way too long for the sake of not being an entitled fan.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
I’m in the minority but I wouldn’t have minded Werner. His movement and workrate are top class at least ...maybe we could have worked on his finishing ;)
I agree. Werner does these things well if only he could finish chances he’d be a complete forward.

ChorltonReds

:lol: Yes he's only played for PSG and Juventus, and the French National Team. Who has ever heard of these minnows Lou.
It's not a fair point at all. He may not be the signing we were hoping for but the guy is an established French international and has played for Juventus for years. Not knowing who he is simply ignorance.
He said he's never heard of him. Rabiot is a full international for France and plays more in the champions league than we do! To say he's never heard of him is wilful ignorance.

Fletcher, SAF, Macari. The McTominay preservation society is alive and well. I'll dance a jig in a kilt the day we release the jock jarhead.
He didn't question his attitude or skills. He doesn't know who he is and because of that he looks like a clown.
Rabiot is an international player who plays for France, Juve and played for PSG. He had better career than half of our squad
If you watch the actual section - which is all over social media - it's abundantly clear he knows exactly who Rabiot is. He's simply making a point that (in his opinion) it's a completely uninspiring signing.

redshaw

Makes sense Macari does know who he is, we were linked with him a few years ago before he went to Juve as well.

OmarUnited4ever

If you watch the actual section - which is all over social media - it's abundantly clear he knows exactly who Rabiot is. He's simply making a point that (in his opinion) it's a completely uninspiring signing.
He could've made his point in a better and relevant way, not by pretending not to know him or asking how many goals Rabiot (a midfielder) scored, it made him sound clueless.

A lot of posters in this very thread expressed their concerns about Rabiot in much better and relevant way than Lou Macari

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source:
Rabiot: full United-Juve deal. The English club offers a salary below the current 7 and Mrs Rabiot (the mother) does not give up. The game is played there
More info here (in Italian)

United's initial offer for the player's terms are "a couple of a million less" than the player's €7m wages at Juventus. Veronique, however, wants the wages to remain the same at United.

AFC NimbleThumb

Why, why exactly do you have to "throw names into the hat", in order to say Rabiot might be a shit signing based on the clear red flags?
You’ve again ignored what’s written. . .
People are simply being asked to throw a few names into the hat as alternatives
Emphasis on asked.

The potential Rabiot signing is widely derided so throwing out the fact we shouldn’t sign him is yelling into an echo chamber at this point. The original post simply said. . .
Go on put forward some names them
You’re not being told you have to do anything, you’re being asked to further the conversation.
Effort counts for shit if you have zero talent.
Couldn’t have put it better myself. McTom brings out the Try Hard FC fan in some people. We know who/what he is as a player, forget Rabiot or X Player, McT isn’t good enough in & of himself. The only thing McT puts consistent effort into is fouling opposition players & positioning himself behind them so he can’t be passed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.