Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idxomer

There's always a serious lack of imagination in the targets United pursue.

Red00012

Was there not a thread made by a poster Timo Werner would be a great signing in the past few months or maybe it was just a post

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
There's always a serious lack of imagination in the targets United pursue.
Wait until you see this:

Source (Tier 1):
Of Javi Guerra

Manchester United have drawn up a plan to sign him in the summer. They have come to see him in the last few games and the player and VCF are aware of the interest.

The English are looking at 35-40M [Euros]. They know Valencia won't sell unless they make a big offer.
VCF are calm because (at the cost of losing assets) they are not financially obliged to sell and are not negotiating in January for Javi.

Juventus have done the same scouting work as United, but they consider it almost impossible given VCF's demands.

So no wonder Javi said yesterday that "I'm staying until the end of the season at least.... If they don't throw me out" (as a joke). It's very difficult for him to leave in January.

By the summer things are starting to move, but United are moving knowing that if they come for Javi, they will have to pay good money.
United are furthest ahead in their interest in Javi Guerra. Juventus is a distant second to them as they are unable to afford him, whilst the other clubs are merely monitoring the player's situation and not necessarily interested in signing him.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Wait until you see this:

Source (Tier 1):

United are furthest ahead in their interest in Javi Guerra. Juventus is a distant second to them as they are unable to afford him, whilst the other clubs are merely monitoring the player's situation and not necessarily interested in signing him.
Nice, believe we were linked somewhere with Federico Redondo as well - midfield of giants. It would show that we clearly want someone in midfield with McTominay's/Amrabaat physical nature/stature.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Nice, believe we were linked somewhere with Federico Redondo as well - midfield of giants. It would show that we clearly want someone in midfield with McTominay's/Amrabaat physical nature/stature.
Regarding Redondo, those links are coming from TEAMTalk, so I wouldn't pay much attention to them at this time.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Regarding Redondo, those links are coming from TEAMTalk, so I wouldn't pay much attention to them at this time.
Ah ok, yeah, it was a passing tweet I saw rather than anything concrete. That's why I wasn't going to post it until anything more serious.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Why are Leipzig happy to loan Werner? Is he not playing for them? Or is he the one pushing for the move?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Why are Leipzig happy to loan Werner? Is he not playing for them? Or is he the one pushing for the move?
The push is coming from the player. Werner rarely starts for Leipzig and doesn't even get significant minutes off the bench. He's probably hoping to be a starter for United given their issues up front.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
The push is coming from the player. Werner rarely starts for Leipzig and doesn't even get significant minutes off the bench. He's probably hoping to be a starter for United given their issues up front.
Thanks for the context. Got to say I’m surprised, I thought he would be one of their top players, playing in a team and league he knows well. It doesn’t fill me with much confidence that he can come here and be better for us than he was for Chelsea.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Ah ok, yeah, it was a passing tweet I saw rather than anything concrete. That's why I wasn't going to post it until anything more serious.
To add on, César Luis Merlo, who's reliable, went onto TyC Sports to talk about Federico Redondo. He didn't mention United, but he did mention both Wolfsburg and Wolves. If he's to move, then it's not likely to be at a big club at this time.

Devil81

I'd take Werner until the Sumnmer as a loan signing. There is a player in there that was damaged at Chelsea.

He never played badly though, he just looked totally damaged by his form in front of goal. Maybe he could offer a decent back up to Hojlund.

Red00012

The only way I’d take Werner is if it meant we let Martial go in January .

lysglimt

Scout
Wait until you see this:

Source (Tier 1):

Quality player and would probably be a hit in the P.L - so let's exclude him right away...he doesn't fit our profile :)

aeh1991

Why should Werner be any good idea? He is heavily limited, has flopped at Chelsea, would primarily be effective as a LW in our system, has been pretty bad this season, etc. Even for free or on loan we could get better suited players.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
“Their issues?”

Always thought you were a Man Utd fan Maz?

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
So we are not after Solanke or Joao Pedro, but we are keen on getting Werner now and this weird overpriced guy from Valencia in the summer.
Makes sense.

lysglimt

Scout
So we are not after Solanke or Joao Pedro, but we are keen on getting Werner now and this weird overpriced guy from Valencia in the summer.
Makes sense.
Why are you comparing a loan-striker which is available here and now with 2 players who both will cost more than £50 million in the summer ?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He couldn't hit a barn door while he was here with Chelsea and hasn't since been impressive for Leipzig in, arguably, the most open league in Europe for attackers.
But he's going to fix some of our offensive issues? :lol:
What is it with this club.

Status
Not open for further replies.