Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

didz

Werner would be such a Utd signing
He does tick so many boxes.

Ex-Chelsea, probably better on the left, doesn't score, doesn't assist, pretty patchy injury history, tall enough but can't win headers, and should have just enough enthusiasm that we should be able to visibly see it fade away from him after a reasonably encouraging first 45 minutes.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Not great eh?
I think its a decent bunch. Udogie is really good and Vicario has been one of the best goalkeepers in the league. I get your point though. Scalvani was looked at a replacement for Kim at Napoli in the summer but the price was too high for Napoli.

Conor

I think its a decent bunch. Udogie is really good and Vicario has been one of the best goalkeepers in the league. I get your point though. Scalvani was looked at a replacement for Kim at Napoli in the summer but the price was too high for Napoli.
Udogie is decent at best.

TheReligion

Abusive
I’m thinking they notoriously don’t travel well.

We should at least be very wary.
Always right to be wary. Over the years there has been some good ones though. I think it all correlates to the strength of the league at that specific time though rather than nationality per se.

I feel Italian football is at a high point at the moment having dipped significantly from the 90s and early 00s.

didz

Not great eh?
You asked for the last one to be a success. Two of them arrived in the last six month and at least one of them looks a very good signing. How much more recent did you want?

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
You asked for the last one to be a success. Two of them arrived in the last six month and at least one of them looks a very good signing. How much more recent did you want?
You can’t claim them to be a success yes though can you?

I’m thinking last 10 years is a good shout cause I’m struggling to think of many. But really you could look even further back and only properly say Zola (Vialli, maybe. There haven’t been many successful Italians in the Prem full stop and they don’t tend to go to Spain, Germany or elsewhere do they?

Jorginho is the only one that sticks out as a success and he’s decent.

Please feel free to point to someone obvious I’m missing but I can’t think of many.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Tier 2:

More info:
I mean, I get it from the player's perspective, but does he really think he's justifying £340k a week when he's only fit 50% of the time?

didz

I’m thinking last 10 years is a good shout cause I’m struggling to think of many. But really you could look even further back and only properly say Zola (Vialli, maybe. There haven’t been many successful Italians in the Prem full stop and they don’t tend to go to Spain, Germany or elsewhere do they?

Please feel free to point to someone obvious I’m missing but I can’t think of many.
It really depends on what your criteria for success is. Ogbonna, for example, has quietly had a decent career as first choice at West Ham, but if you want legend-level, then yeah there'll be far fewer players.

I think the 'Italians don't travel abroad well' thing is just a pretty old and lazy observation that, until very recently, you could easily say as well of the English. It's more that the good ones barely travel abroad at all.

In the summer gone, there were 3 Italian imports. One looks to be a really good signing, one is decent with potential, and one is looking a bit of a farce. I'd say that's a pretty regular spread regardless of player nationality.

RVN1991

Udogie is decent at best.
Can't think of a better young LB in the league tbf.

Seems a little rash sometimes but "decent at best" doesn't really describe him, at least this season.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

DiCanio

Danny

I mean, I get it from the player's perspective, but does he really think he's justifying £340k a week when he's only fit 50% of the time?
It's irrelevant to the player though. We were stupid enough to offer him the contract terms.

ElDiabloRojo

Fenerbahce couldn't afford his wage. Could they, really hope this is true. Really need this waster gone.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
The bar is admittedly low but a transfer window where all we did was got rid of Sancho and Tony counts as a success in my book.

zbcrow15

I think we all would gladly chip in to pay for his flight. hell, we might have enough support to fly him there privately.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
For 7mil I'll carry him to Turkey on my back.

James35

That would be a miracle. If it's true, there shouldn't even be any back and forth. Just take the money and run.
I’d love this to be true. It would also show what the new guys are made of. The old regime would definitely ask for loads more and feck it up.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Just a throwaway speculative comment from Anka on a podcast. This mufcmpb account is consistently unreliable.
Exactly. What Anka mentioned isn't really news, but I'm not surprised; they tend to spam Tweets about United for the sake of keeping up the engagement.