g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

Lynty

Sancho is probably negotiating FIFA points into his payment structure.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Though the glamour of LA might be appealing - I hope he choses PSV. Could have a real impact there.
Ideally the decision would be up to the club, not up to him.

That said, we should really just sell with a buyback clause. This system of sending players on endless loans doesn't work very well, and he's never looked all that great anyway.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source (Tier 2):
BVB is facing a major upheaval: Hans-Joachim Watzke will step down as managing director in 2025. The Sancho deal is progressing very slowly.
Whilst United are okay with Dortmund paying €3.5m in total for the whole loan spell (fee + wages), United were never keen on paying the rest of Sancho's wages. This is where the hold-up has been the whole time: United want Sancho to forego some of his wages or have Dortmund cover the rest of them if he doesn't want to let go.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location

Source (Tier 2):

Whilst United are okay with Dortmund paying €3.5m in total for the whole loan spell (fee + wages), United were never keen on paying the rest of Sancho's wages. This is where the hold-up has been the whole time: United want Sancho to forego some of his wages or have Dortmund cover the rest of them if he doesn't want to let go.
This ain't happening, I'm telling you. This ain't happening.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Pellistri to LA would be disappointing even if I understand it could be because it’s closer to home. He can forge a good career in Europe, especially in the Netherlands.

AneRu

Source (Tier 2):

Music to my ears, don't the let the lazy waster off easily. If he wants to play top level football again this season then it's got to cost him big money.

estonianreddevil

The dude clearly seems to not care about footballing success on personal level anymore, based on what I've read recently around the loan move to Borussia.
Starting to understand EtH's point of view, but also hoping I am wrong as in the end and he'll grow up..

DavelinaJolie

With Garnacho, Diallo and Antony all probably ahead of him for the right side spot I really think a sale makes the most sense. Especially if they are also in for Olise as reported. Personally not been convinced he's it from what I've seen of him anyway.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Sancho, the guy just doesn't seem arsed/bothered. Has the chance to resurrect his season at a club he was hugely influential at but you get the sense he's just ambivalent with it all.

Juicy Juiced

I didn’t say it was his fault, just gave you a reason as to why he might take a reduction as requested.
I doubt he cares that much about football. He got his fat paycheck and that is.

Wasn't there Spurs right back who say that he hate football and its just job for him.

Judas

Open to offers
You’d think a professional footballer would want to play football, but I feel like given the option of never playing again and instead just being rich, he’d take the latter.

hobbers

Sancho is going to be exactly the same as martial.

We will not get rid of him until his contract runs out because he knows he’s getting over double his value in wages and like Martial he doesn’t actually care about his football career

sparx99

Sancho is going to be exactly the same as martial.

We will not get rid of him until his contract runs out because he knows he’s getting over double his value in wages and like Martial he doesn’t actually care about his football career
It's only two more years after this season so if we agreed to pay up half his wages or something it could cost us around £15-16m. It might be worth it.

NLunited

€3 million ffs! With wages included it's not a great deal but at least he'd be away and it would free up wages for a loan.
The wages he is on makes it hard to get anything out of a loan.

Real Name

No buy out option? That probably means we want to sell him in the summer hoping his price will rise up a bit.

Anyway good riddance.