Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

GBBQ

Does this mean we're losing the race to sign KMJ?
I did see some talk on twitter that it’s Bayern his most likely destination. I do wonder if Napoli are trying to ignite a bit of panic bidding so they don’t lose him for his buy out fee in July.

croadyman

I did see some talk on twitter that it’s Bayern his most likely destination. I do wonder if Napoli are trying to ignite a bit of panic bidding so they don’t lose him for his buy out fee in July.
Most likely we are losing it yeah

Sid234

Less unsure = more sure?

So he's saying more likely DDG deal will get done?

How hard is it to just say - "UTD more sure of DDG new deal happening" or "UTD less sure of DDG new deal happening"

Standards for what we accept from journalists is so poor these days....

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Less unsure = more sure?

So he's saying more likely DDG deal will get done?

How hard is it to just say - "UTD more sure of DDG new deal happening" or "UTD less sure of DDG new deal happening"

Standards for what we accept from journalists is so poor these days....
I think he's meant to put 'less sure' there tbf - which would make the whole tweet make more sense

Superden

with the early move for mount, the links to kane and KMJ and rumours of Maguire et al moving on, the summer started so well for us muppets. a week later it all seems to being going a bit south.

croadyman

with the early move for mount, the links to kane and KMJ and rumours of Maguire et al moving on, the summer started so well for us muppets. a week later it all seems to being going a bit south.
Gone south rapidly

ShinjiNinja26

We shouldn’t be offering him a new deal in the first place. The whole thing makes no sense, we’ll hold off and hope our error prone keeper who can’t pass signs a new deal before looking to sign a superior one who is good with his feet and a much better fit for the managers system? Yeah, sounds like a plan. :houllier:

Matt851

We shouldn’t be offering him a new deal in the first place. The whole thing makes no sense, we’ll hold off and hope our error prone keeper who can’t pass signs a new deal before looking to sign a superior one who is good with his feet and a much better fit for the managers system? Yeah, sounds like a plan. :houllier:
I still have my fingers crossed we will manage to convince Phil Jones to sign a new contract

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Doesn't bode well that the club in their wisdom doesn't even see value in bringing genuine competition for him, even if he were to stay.

red.knight

Looks like the players Manchester United were linked with when the season ended are joining other teams. Mad to think the Felanni transfer wasn't a one off, it was setting a standard for united transfer policy for the next 15 years.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Looks like the players Manchester United were linked with when the season ended are joining other teams. Mad to think the Felanni transfer wasn't a one off, it was setting a standard for united transfer policy for the next 15 years.
Feels like we wait until May / June to even start thinking about transfers. At which point many of the pieces are already off the table.

lysglimt

Scout
Improved bid yes but do they expect us to go from 40 to 70+. That won't happen

Big Ben Foster

Supports
Improved bid yes but do they expect us to go from 40 to 70+. That won't happen
If we don't have a backup plan (and I'm not necessarily saying we don't), then it makes sense that they're playing hardball with us.

mariko48

Where are we gonna play Mount anyway? He's not a controller so he can't replace Eriksen. He has no speed so not on the wing, and Bruno is not going anywhere. This transfer makes no sense to me.

red.knight

Feels like we wait until May / June to even start thinking about transfers. At which point many of the pieces are already off the table.
A lot of top players are in the shop window, while we are in the clearance aisle at the back of the shop. By the time new owners are in place, this summer's transfer window will have been thrown away.

Anustart89

It’s quite telling that he’s out of contract in a couple of weeks and there’s no rumours about anyone being interested in signing him on a free transfer. I’d say that puts us in a healthy negotiating position which could allow us to reduce his salary by quite a bit and save upwards of £10m per year in wages.

Big Ben Foster

Supports
A lot of top players are in the shop window, while we are in the clearance aisle at the back of the shop. By the time new owners are in place, this summer's transfer window will have been thrown away.
Penny wise, pound foolish, as they say

sugar_kane

I'm growing concerned that the club thinks it's worth getting concerned over him leaving.
This all feels a bit like the Pogba situation where there was an offer on the table but deliberately structured in a way where the player won’t accept it.

Would rather we were just blunt enough to not bother with an offer at all but it feels a bit like a PR game where we’re trying to avoid being the bad guys.

Big Ben Foster

Supports
This all feels a bit like the Pogba situation where there was an offer on the table but deliberately structured in a way where the player won’t accept it.

Would rather we were just blunt enough to not bother with an offer at all but it feels a bit like a PR game where we’re trying to avoid being the bad guys.
Yeah I'm not sure why we even bother wasting our time. Just release a nice PR statement "we'd like to thank him for his services over the years but we've decided the time is right to move on, yada yada yada". No hard feelings, just business.