Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannn411

Whitwell saying Hojlund valued at €100m and we're interested in Watkins but he's signing a new deal at Villa.

Looks like this main striker search will drag out for a while because everybody wants their pound of United flesh. Think we should sign Taremi and at least lock in a striker before the season starts while we chase the second striker.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
The club's record of having a homegrown player in the matchday squad.

The number of our academy graduates who have successful careers as professional footballers.
Sounds like you're drinking the kool aid.

In actual fact, we've been slacking in youth development for ages. Our facilities are shit and they get better coaching elsewhere. No money has gone into it for probably decades now.

The actual evidence is the fact that city have dominated at u18 and u21 level for the past 3/4 years now.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Atlanta can seriously go and feck themselves.

If we want guaranteed premier league goals why don’t we get Mitrovic or Toney.

Ten Haag likes players with personality, and them two have both got shitloads of it. Plus they score plenty of PL goals and wouldn’t cost the earth

newgiz

100 mil... They are effin crazy...
I think we can just walk away and point to Torino and how they missed out selling Belotti at the right time by putting in a ridiculous release clause and then ended up getting nothing when he left.

aeh1991

So does this mean at the end of the transfer window we'll have: De Gea renewing contract and no GK signing, Mount for 70m, random guy Habib Diarra for 20m, incoming flop Disasi for 50m and Watkins as our CF hope? nice!

Acquire Me

So does this mean at the end of the transfer window we'll have: De Gea renewing contract and no GK signing, Mount for 70m, random guy Habib Diarra for 20m, incoming flop Disasi for 50m and Watkins as our CF hope? nice!
You need to take a long walk outside:)

Catalandevil

There is a clear lack of top strikers in today's market. Furthermore, some of the very top clubs are looking for one. It is not surprising that the few decent strikers available are valued at exorbitant prices by their current clubs. I would not be against going for a backup striker while trusting Rashford to be our main #9 next season. Probably, we would prefer to add goals from midfield in Mount and we prefer to spend money on a GK and under-studies to Varane and Casemiro.

Rake

I think we can just walk away and point to Torino and how they missed out selling Belotti at the right time by putting in a ridiculous release clause and then ended up getting nothing when he left.
You are probably right but at the same time all players we've been linked with are crazy expensive... Given our financial situation, we might gamble on a player outside of the top 4-5 leagues.

gajender

Atlanta can seriously go and feck themselves.

If we want guaranteed premier league goals why don’t we get Mitrovic or Toney.

Ten Haag likes players with personality, and them two have both got shitloads of it. Plus they score plenty of PL goals and wouldn’t cost the earth
So Brentford who are quoting 40 m for their Keeper who could walk out on free in a year would Let their prized asset go for reasonable fee .
Not saying Hojlund is the answer or we should blow out budget on him but Both Mitrovic and Toney are nothing more than decent players who would cost a fortune but still won't solve our striker issues long term . Either go for the potential or go for the best .

Last edited:

Licha M

€100 million? :lol: feck off.

I'm sick of tinpot clubs like this trying rip us off for any player that we go for, yet when the likes of City, Madrid and Bayern etc come calling they roll over for their tummy's to be tickled.

Get back in your box and know your place, fecking shower of shite crooks.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Eventually these clubs are going to scare off young talent because the second you show an ounce of talent they prevent you from leaving and furthering your career. Either that or players just need to start demanding release clauses.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
So Brentford who are quoting 40 m for their Keeper who could walk out on free in a year would Let their prized asset go for reasonable fee .
Not saying Hojlund is the answer or we should blow out budget on him but Both Mitrovic and Toney are nothing more than decent players who would cost a fortune but still won't solve our striker issues long term . Either go for the potential or go for the best .
Let’s be honest, a lot of it depends on how much the player pushes. Either of them would probably push for the move, then the price becomes a lot more reasonable.

I like both or Watkins though I think he’s be a tougher acquisition. Remember, the post I was quoting said Ten Haag wanted guaranteed Premier League goals….if Kane isn’t coming, can you think of better options right now?

Matt851

I'm sick of tinpot clubs like this trying rip us off for any player that we go for, yet when the likes of City, Madrid and Bayern etc come calling they roll over for their tummy's to be tickled.

The problem, is we have let ourselves get in a situation where we are clearly desperate for a striker so everyone thinks they can fleece us.

gajender

Let’s be honest, a lot of it depends on how much the player pushes. Either of them would probably push for the move, then the price becomes a lot more reasonable.

I like both or Watkins though I think he’s be a tougher acquisition. Remember, the post I was quoting said Ten Haag wanted guaranteed Premier League goals….if Kane isn’t coming, can you think of better options right now?
I don't believe that works any more to be honest they might reluctantly sell them if they start agitating for the move and prove to be disruption but we aren't getting any discounts .

As far as guaranteed premier league goals I would rather Ten Hag focus more on getting better output from the players he already got than just hoping new striker would alleviate all our scoring issues .

Baxquux

Eventually these clubs are going to scare off young talent because the second you show an ounce of talent they prevent you from leaving and furthering your career. Either that or players just need to start demanding release clauses.
It's bizarre that more young players don't insist on release clauses when at second -tier clubs, even at clubs which are seemingly on the up. Mac Allister seemly negotiated (or his agent at least) something sufficiently well worded that he could leave Brighton for fairly cheap, whilst Brighton also retained some degree of control sufficient that they were happy to accept clause. Why hasn't Ferguson though, or Caicedo ? Likewise, Hojlund.

Of course, our recruitment team also seems to have preternaturally bad judgement when it comes to spotting these opportunities in any case: Eriksen on a free was a decent call, but that was Ten Hag and the jury is out at best on having him be the primary driving force for which players to sign, given insistence on Antony to the point of absurd cost, fixation on FDJ rather than establishing a window and then moving onto next suitable target, he chase for Mount when you have technical and dynamic promising (actual) no. 8s available for much less -or again Mac Allister for 35 if he wanted a hybrid 8/10...

onemanarmy

Like we have a god given right to sign players from other clubs on the cheap. We owe it to ourselves for breaking transfer records, overpaying for duds in the past. Fair play to other teams for getting top dollar from us.

Incredibly condescending post.

Baxquux

Like we have a god given right to sign players from other clubs on the cheap. We owe it to ourselves for breaking transfer records, overpaying for duds in the past. Fair play to other teams for getting top dollar from us.

Incredibly condescending post.
Posters right that other 'big' teams seem across the board to negotiate much,more reasonable prices (except Chelsea with Boehly, again because of inexperience with footballing negotiation, promise to splash cash, setting precedents in their spending etc), even if City are paying certain 'backhanders'/hiding costs. Instead of overpaying each year, we'd be better spending a few mill p/year or however much to assemble small team of tier-1 DOF , experienced transfer negotiator from similar outfit and maybe replacement chief scout with discretion to reform network (if it's not the case that current system is just blocking suggestions, rather than scouting network producing 'obvious', difficult to acquire names - reports are conflicting on this). The only real 'spot' and then 'par price' deal I can think of having been negotiated last season was Licha.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I don't believe that works any more to be honest they might reluctantly sell them if they start agitating for the move and prove to be disruption but we aren't getting any discounts .

As far as guaranteed premier league goals I would rather Ten Hag focus more on getting better output from the players he already got than just hoping new striker would alleviate all our scoring issues .
We haven’t got any strikers to get any more output out of. Rashford probably won’t consistently get 30, Tony is always crocked….it’s paramount we get a striker in and no surprise at all he wants one with Prem experience. The only caveat to that is if we’re guaranteed to get Kane for free next season, in that circumstance I could see him bringing in a young talent like Hojlund if the price was right

onemanarmy

Posters right that other 'big' teams seem across the board to negotiate much,more reasonable prices (except Chelsea with Boehly, again because of inexperience with footballing negotiation, promise to splash cash, setting precedents in their spending etc), even if City are paying certain 'backhanders'/hiding costs. Instead of overpaying each year, we'd be better spending a few mill p/year or however much to assemble small team of tier-1 DOF , experienced transfer negotiator from similar outfit and maybe replacement chief scout with discretion to reform network (if it's not the case that current system is just blocking suggestions, rather than scouting network producing 'obvious', difficult to acquire names - reports are conflicting on this). The only real 'spot' and then 'par price' deal I can think of having been negotiated last season was Licha.
I'm fully aware of our problems with negotiating decent prices and doing terrible transfer business in recent years.

Calling clubs like Atlanta "tin pot clubs" and telling them to "know their place" is hopefully written by a 12 year old. Terrible terrible post.

gajender

We haven’t got any strikers to get any more output out of. Rashford probably won’t consistently get 30, Tony is always crocked….it’s paramount we get a striker in and no surprise at all he wants one with Prem experience. The only caveat to that is if we’re guaranteed to get Kane for free next season, in that circumstance I could see him bringing in a young talent like Hojlund if the price was right
I never said don't get a Centre forward we definitely need one , but unless it's Kane there are no guarantees they would work straight off the bat so We should try to get more out of likes of Bruno , Antony , Rashford as they already have season under Ten Hag .

Baxquux

Well Atalanta fleeced us once before so presumably think it's worth a second try.
I mean, you can argue we still overpaid for Diallo, given his lack of experience, but he was also genuinely rated as one of the best talents in that position in Europe at the time, and the fee was only 50% fixed (and paid in installments, as usual with these things) and 50% add-ons relating to individual performance. There's a decent chance he'll still justify that investment, especially if we have spaces at RFW - given 'issues' with a couple of players- or he gets tried more often at 10. Equivalent for Hojlund would be 40+ upfront fee and another 25+ in add-ons (like Diallo or indeed Martial from Monaco), which is how I think deal is likely to happen, if at all.

Chris-Red

Our technical director has his sons at our rival academies? and we wonder why everything is fecked up in the club?
So if your kids, who you’d want the best for in life, had the opportunity to join an academy at a top club where you live, you’d deny them that opportunity? Maybe other clubs weren’t interested at the time or would mean they moved away which they didn’t want at this point.

Baxquux

I'm fully aware of our problems with negotiating decent prices and doing terrible transfer business in recent years.

Calling clubs like Atlanta "tin pot clubs" and telling them to "know their place" is hopefully written by a 12 year old. Terrible terrible post.
Yeah, Atalanta obviously aren't a tin-pot club - they've been competing for CL places and even playing in the CL in recent years; it's us who have behaved more like , i guess you could say, a 'tin giant' through most of the last decade

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I never said don't get a Centre forward we definitely need one , but unless it's Kane there are no guarantees they would work straight off the bat so We should try to get more out of likes of Bruno , Antony , Rashford as they already have season under Ten Hag .
Honestly, put any of those 3 in our team and we’re miles better. People devalue our performance this past season considering our complete lack of a decent centre forward. Whether it’s a PL striker, the difference one will make is astronomic

Baxquux

What does he mean by 'no risk'. The club has to be taking calculated risks - whether that's on potential and right attributes set against lack of PL experience or previous 20g a season record, or on a short-term experienced player with goalscoring record and better physical attributes and finishing than a WW but who also won't be long-term investment and could flop (because they too probably won't have PL experience) - given our budget and the positions that need to be filled... The point is to have sufficient collective intelligence to assess the best calculated risks in the current (summer window) moment, and in light of whatever plan we have for the positions(s) longer term, i.e. the 'one experienced, one promising' double acquisition proposed, maybe with an aim to moving the experienced player out and bringing Kane in on a free next Summer or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.