Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
To be fair, if the rumors are true about us offering him 200k/week, we are more than doubling his current salary. Pretty easy to see why he would be pushing for the move.
Yeah that’s a fair point….not sure what he’s turned down from chelsea though

Woziak

I really don't think that's how it works.
That’s not how it works
He’s sold at £55m and United May or may not amortise costs, dependent on how quickly the ownership deal is deal. Our current budget is rumoured to be £120m however should the club sell Players like ; A Elanga(15m), H Mejbri(15m), D Henderson (25m), B Williams (5m), E Laird(1m), Z Iqbal(1m), S Shoretire(3m) assume the club sell 5 out of that list of homegrown talent for £48m total sales, all bar H Mejbri represent net profit as we never paid a fee for them so the club could show these sales as a net transfer profit and then sign new players on 5 year contracts by multiplying £240m additional transfer to the budget. In other words we might actually have a budget of £300-400m this summer!

If the rumours of SJ and Qatar Ownership being very close, due to owner transitional period and debt repayment they could add another £50m to the budget because the club would no longer be servicing a debt through interest payments. Like I said a few weeks the calm before the storm, if and it’s still only a theory but if this deal was done 2 weeks ago and they didn’t want to announce New Owner SJ until the directors test and UEFA approval was passed then the ownership thing could be done by middle of July 23, at least SJ having control of the club, the remaining 31% could take to October 23 but it won’t matter as SJ would have control.

Mason Mount might be the first transfer of the new regime and even if the fee is amortised it’s will be £21m per year on our accounts for 5 years as his wages are £10m and £11m would be his transfer fee spread over 5 years. His value well if he’s plays in a successful united and England team and at 25/26 he could be valued at £100m as he would still have 3/4 years left on his united contract.

DickDastardly

Ok, so, Mount, Onana....

We still need a CF. Badly.

It's a wound that's wide open.
Where are the links to a proper CF?!

And i don't want no "monitoring" crap.

saivet

If we're sending him out on loan, it should be to a top flight team. I'm sure he had a great time at Sunderland but the priority should be for PL football at a team where he can get regular football, if possible.

Sanche7

Ok, so, Mount, Onana....

We still need a CF. Badly.

It's a wound that's wide open.
Where are the links to a proper CF?!

And i don't want no "monitoring" crap.
I'm pretty sure we will sign a CF. Still feel we might go back for Kane, especially if there's a change in ownership before the window closes, if not Hojlund. I feel Hojlund would not be a difficult signing to make as he is supposedly a big fan. Would have loved Kim Min Jae, but looks unlikely.

UTD_Since_1978

Is Mount really going to improve us though?

Is Onana really an upgrade on DDG?

Amad should be looking to be playing top flight football, he's like 23 now not a 19yo rookie.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Is Mount really going to improve us though?

Is Onana really an upgrade on DDG?

Amad should be looking to be playing top flight football, he's like 23 now not a 19yo rookie.
And that's hattrick of misled sentences. Nice

Mou Mou Land

So you can't back up what you say. That's not a great trait on a forum so good luck with that. Tagging people you mention normally helps btw. Anyway enough de-railing of the transfer thread.
I am only allowed 5 posts, so have to do what I can to maximise the usage.

It is not a case of having to back up what I say. I am merely pointing out that you are wrong and the fact that you cannot be bothered to look up and discover why you are wrong is not my worry. However, being of a kind disposition, I would direct you to the writings of Pytheas initially [3rd century BC], and then the often used term by the Roman army in the first century B.C.

As you so eruditely said, back to the transfer thread.

Woziak

Amad is 20
He’s 21 in July but yes totally agree he’s not 23 is he? One more loan so he comes back next season as 22 year old, I’d send him to Brighton, Dortmund or even Bouremouth somewhere he’s going to play.

Cathy Ferguson

Be quite happy with that tbh, especially Onana.
Me too, but would cost at least 180m, even though it is a huge gamble to have Martial and Höjlund as options upfront. Would need to sell for 60m. We save some on DDG's wages though.

Erik the Red

So Mount, Höjlund, Onana, Disasi will be our window?
From here, ideal / semi-realistic window would be Onana, Timber, Rice, Mount, Hojlund and Orban. Obviously we would also want to be rid of anyone unlikely to be getting minutes.

There was a statmandave youtube video released yesterday about which young striker we should sign, and the three options were Ferguson, Orban and Hojlund, who are exactly the three I would want for the long term (Ferguson joining at a later date). I don't think three is too many when we will be playing 60 games, rotating our options, and sometimes switching things around to play two up front if we are chasing a game, or just want to mix things up to give the opposition a new set of problems.

I am very optimistic that ETH a) knows who he wants to sign, b) will be able to convince them to join his project, and c) will get the best out of his players. My concern is we get taken over by the Qataris and they start buying playthings like Neymar, Mbappe, etc., who are all expected to play in the big games, and we lack the grafters like Rice, Mount, Casemiro, Martinez, etc. With three of the top five players in world football, what did PSG win? They even managed to finish second in a one horse race!!!

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I hope that's as a number 2 option.
We've already been burnt with US keepers.
Howard was solid his first season, to be fair. Even made the PFA team of the year. Fell off a cliff after that, unfortunately.

Erik the Red

From here, ideal / semi-realistic window would be Onana, Timber, Rice, Mount, Hojlund and Orban. Obviously we would also want to be rid of anyone unlikely to be getting minutes.

There was a statmandave youtube video released yesterday about which young striker we should sign, and the three options were Ferguson, Orban and Hojlund, who are exactly the three I would want for the long term (Ferguson joining at a later date). I don't think three is too many when we will be playing 60 games, rotating our options, and sometimes switching things around to play two up front if we are chasing a game, or just want to mix things up to give the opposition a new set of problems.

I am very optimistic that ETH a) knows who he wants to sign, b) will be able to convince them to join his project, and c) will get the best out of his players. My concern is we get taken over by the Qataris and they start buying playthings like Neymar, Mbappe, etc., who are all expected to play in the big games, and we lack the grafters like Rice, Mount, Casemiro, Martinez, etc. With three of the top five players in world football, what did PSG win? They even managed to finish second in a one horse race!!!
I've just changed my mind....

Seen stories linking us with a €100m bid for Jamal Musiala. This guy is the closest I've seen to Messi, and if the rumour has substance, and there is a chance Bayern will sell, we should throw the kitchen sink at that one!!!! Replace Rice with Rabiot in the list above if we need to free up the cash.

Is football365 a reliable source?

Last edited:

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I've just changed my mind....

Seen stories linking us with a €100m bid for Jamal Musiala. This guy is the closest I've seen to Messi, and if the rumour has substance, and there is a chance Bayern will sell, we should throw the kitchen sink at that one!!!! Replace Rice with Rabiot in the list above if we need to free up the cash.
He'd cost well above 100m

K Stand Knut

What nationalities are we allowed to buy from for the first team then?

No more Japanese players because Kagawa was poor?? We can’t sign Mbappe because Pogba wasn’t very good. Ignore the Dutch because of DvB??

Very strange logic to employ and I’ve employed strange logic in my life

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I was hoping for something new in here, but unfortunately, it's not any different to what Tom Bogert reported back in February. That's fine; I guess it means that United are still keeping an eye on him in case they want to bring him in either this summer or in 2024.

Chairman Steve

Yeah this guy screams No.2 keeper and confirmation that we’re binning off both DDG and Henderson.

Heaton would be the stereotypical old 3rd keeper who’s doing coaching badges on the side.

the_cliff

Yeah this guy screams No.2 keeper and confirmation that we’re binning off both DDG and Henderson.

Heaton would be the stereotypical old 3rd keeper who’s doing coaching badges on the side.
2nd keeper will be important especially if we get Onana. He'll miss 3 weeks for AFCON in January.

Rake

Tier 1:

Been thinking about this for a while and I believe EtH first and foremost wants to win. That means that if Greenwood impresses him, or he believes that Greenwood will up our level, Greenwood will be back in the team.

gajender

Been thinking about this for a while and I believe EtH first and foremost wants to win. That means that if Greenwood impresses him, or he believes that Greenwood will up our level, Greenwood will be back in the team.
It's not his decision to make and rightfully so , he shouldn't have any input on the decision he should only come into picture if Club decides to bring Greenwood back beyond that it's above his station .