Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

Rake

It's not his decision to make and rightfully so , he shouldn't have any input on the decision he should only come into picture if Club decides to bring Greenwood back .
Probably, but we both know that there is no way this decision will be taken without his input (at the least).

Erik the Red

Tier 1:
They can't really leave it hanging indefinitely because a) if he goes they would want to maximise value by selling after a successful loan, not letting him leave for free at the end of his contract, and b), at some point Greenwood would say that we are in breach by not letting him play, nor let him train with the team, and not letting him leave. The sooner this is resolved the better.

stw2022

Okay so typical Romano "breaks" the story 16 minutes after an actual journalist had but adds nonsense, non-disprovable, information to make it look as if its his own reporting. Quite apart from not crediting he's claiming it as own

If you look for it there's shit loads of this around. Just nice to see it juxtaposition so nicely in consecutive posts in the thread.

Really anyone could be a Romano. Wait for journalists to report, ape it and add irrelevant information

"Player understood to have made ultimatum to club last week"

"Agent fees unlikely to be a problem"

"Player had already house hunting in the area"

"Club officials believe this will get over the line sooner or later"

"It's understood personal terms are all but agreed"

Shit you could add on to EVERY transfer story. It's what he does. He's an aggregator who rips off actual journalists who was smart enough to use that a basis to promote himself. He's like a YouTuber who worked out how to exploit algorithms to increase views and now he's on 400k subscribers and people think he's an actual informant on transfers

Last edited:

Cantona in disguise

Okay so typical Romano "breaks" the story 16 minutes after an actual journalist had but adds nonsense, non-disprovable, information to make it look as if its his own reporting. Quite apart from not crediting he's claiming it as own

If you look for it there's shit loads of this around. Just nice to see it juxtaposition so nicely in consecutive posts in the thread.

Really anyone could be a Romano. Wait for journalists to report, ape it and add irrelevant information

Shit you could add on to EVERY transfer story. It's what he does. He's an aggregator who rips off actual journalists who was smart enough to use that a basis to promote himself. He's like a YouTuber who worked out how to exploit algorithms to increase views and now he's on 400k subscribers and people think he's an actual informant on transfers
Not a fan or really have an opinion of him but fair play to him. If he is able to make a good living out of it then who are the mugs. Certainly not him.

stw2022

Not a fan or really have an opinion of him but fair play to him. If he is able to make a good living out of it then who are the mugs. Certainly not him.
Agreed to an extent. It's impressive how blatant plagiarism is interpreted as knowledge simply because he uses what may as well be randomly generated irrelevant pieces of information generated by AI.

He likely tried to break the Queen's death several minutes after he read about it online by adding "It's understood ground staff at Balmoral were said to be very upset" onto a Tweet about the subject

If anything it's comical to think anyone really believes a single reporter is in the loop of every single major transfer that every happens anywhere in the world, which is exactly what he portrays himself as. German based club selling a Spanish player to an English side? Naturally an Italian based reporter will be the first to know.

Cantona in disguise

Agreed to an extent. It's impressive how blatant plagiarism is interpreted as knowledge simply because he uses what may as well be randomly generated irrelevant pieces of information generated by AI.

He likely tried to break the Queen's death several minutes after he read about it online by adding "It's understood ground staff at Balmoral were said to be very upset" onto a Tweet about the subject

Haha yeah you're probably right. Wish I was able to make a living doing it though so not going to criticise him.

A9X SJ

Didn’t he have Onana at Ajax ? We would also lose him when African Nations is on

Dannn411

Didn’t he have Onana at Ajax ? We would also lose him when African Nations is on
Not on good terms with the boss or the Cameroon FA. Unlikely to be called up unless he's the best keeper on the planet between August and January.

peridigm

Feels like if we were keeping him a contract would have been signed by now. I think he’s goners.
Yup. If ETH told him he's not guaranteed #1, that's the same as saying you're NOT going to be #1. Especially if we're looking at Costa and Onana. It'd be different if we were keeping Henderson. We're obviously looking for a new #1.

Suv666

Jesus fecking christ you lot are obsessed. Just read the tweet and move on ffs

croadyman

Yup. If ETH told him he's not guaranteed #1, that's the same as saying you're NOT going to be #1. Especially if we're looking at Costa and Onana. It'd be different if we were keeping Henderson. We're obviously looking for a new #1.
Yeah I reckon so too and sounds like Onana is our top target of those two. Personally I would be delighted if we signed either

Dannn411

Tier 1:

Surely that should be game over on that. Surely we have alternatives in place. Mount can't be literally the only midfielder we have on our list. Yes he has some good qualities but come on. £65m for a guy who is not even playing at his club and who has less than a year on his contract? Don"t want to hear "back the manager" on this please. ETH has already blown ridiculous money on what is looking like a straight flop in Antony. This can't be allowed to happen again given our limited financial power.

Find a cheaper option Erik. Or at least someone who would actually be worth the money. That is why you are the coach.

Last edited:

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Time to tell Chelsea to piss off and make the scouts earn their cash.

65 is ridiculous for someone in their last year. I do rate him but 65 is too much I'd rather put it towards Calceido.

klayton88

Now is the time to see just exactly if things have changed. Will we walk away as suggested?

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Thank God Chelsea and Boehly are somehow worse than us at transfer. Move on!

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
That will surely be that on that deal, shame because I think he would be really good for us but Chelsea are taking the absolute piss with that number. I would move on to Xavi Simons similar styles and gets through his defensive work as well, try and get something in place with PSV quickly before his £6mil buy-back with PSG kicks in.

zaafi

I don't understand why some of you are so upset over 7m addons when you don't even know what the criteria is. I'd get it if it was 25 matches played or something, but don't you think it's more likely it has something to do with winning PL or CL?
If we did end up winning either of those, then it would be worth it, no?

That being said, £57m is still a bit too much, imo. Need to get it lower.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I don't understand why some of you are so upset over 7m addons when you don't even know what the criteria is. I'd get it if it was 25 matches played or something, but don't you think it's more likely it has something to do with winning PL or CL?

If we get it down to £52.5m and maybe £5 in more achievable add-on that might be the very limit of what we should be looking at. I am already remiss to go beyond £55mil

Dannn411

Think this is more than money now. This is about reputation. We have come to be known as the guys who overpay for everything and never get value when selling players. What better opportunity to begin to put that reputatuon to bed than to walk away right now. This is hardly Zidane we're missing out on.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Think this is more than money now. This is about reputation. We have come to be known as the guys who overpay for everything and never get value when selling players. What better opportunity to begin to put that reputatuon to bed than to walk away right now. This is hardly Zidane we're missing out on.
That's another belter we've sold him for something like a million.