g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

Zed 101

If Rashford gets injured or goes through a barren spell, who do we have that can deputise?

Martial is made of glass and just about out the door. Sancho runs hot and cold(mostly cold) and seems more effective on the right. So not surprising at all that we need a good LW for depth
Garnacho, also Mount,

croadyman

If Rashford gets injured or goes through a barren spell, who do we have that can deputise?

Martial is made of glass and just about out the door. Sancho runs hot and cold(mostly cold) and seems more effective on the right. So not surprising at all that we need a good LW for depth
Care to throw any names in the hat?

Reyoji-Utd

Antony/sancho on right
Rashford/hojlund up top.
Neymar/garnacho on left

Bruno and mount behind.

casemiro/Ambarat dm.

isn’t too bad
Good enough with all the problem with the sale of our club that hinders the transfers one way or another.

Neymar is good for the left side (maybe we will trying to loan him for 2yrs instead of buying) as Ganarcho cant start yet and can come in most games around 70min ish for him and help make him fresh and stay injury free during season.

Josep Dowling

Antony/sancho on right
Rashford/hojlund up top.
Neymar/garnacho on left

Bruno and mount behind.

casemiro/Ambarat dm.

isn’t too bad
Disagree. Club should focus on getting a GK and ST now. Any other position is a bonus. We definitely don’t need a LW.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
the £1.6m we have made from sales probably won’t stretch that far
It doesn’t quite work that way, I read somewhere that if we make a few sales of like £25M-£40M our ability to spend sky rockets to £300-400M.

So any sale helps us out more than you think. Apparently.

jeepers

Is character the first thing that springs to mind when you think of Mason Mount?

I'm just saying character, common sense on the pitch, being a team player, these aren't ETH things. They're attributes everybody wants and hopes they're getting in a player.

Sometimes it doesn't work out, you take a chance on talent that maybe doesn't have a great personality. Or a player simply doesn't turn up.

But I'm sure Ole and Mourinho thought or hoped all the players they signed would have the right type of characteristics.

Just like ETH is doing now.
It just seems like EtH is putting way more emphasis on the characteristics @Borninthe80ts mentioned, which I believe is the correct assessment.

The fact you brought Ole in is actually hilarious because he feckin signed off on Maguire even though he very publicly said he wanted to play a high line. Shows a lot about how much thought and effort he put into the players he wanted.

Marwood

It just seems like EtH is putting way more emphasis on the characteristics @Borninthe80ts mentioned, which I believe is the correct assessment.

The fact you brought Ole in is actually hilarious because he feckin signed off on Maguire even though he very publicly said he wanted to play a high line. Shows a lot about how much thought and effort he put into the players he wanted.
You're seeing what you want to see. Are Mount and Eriksen known for their big on pitch character? More so than Maguire was when we signed him? Course not. Mount dissapeared last season when Chelsea struggled, he dissapears at international level. I'm happy we've signed him but the idea his signing is the start of a new approach to transfers is a bit of a nonsense. Eriksen packed in towards the end of his time at Spurs, did nothing at Inter.

Ole started McFred. ETH has dropped them for the much less physically tenacious Eriksen(which I agree with). How does that fit with prioritising physically tenacious players?

Reality is ETH, like all managers, will sign a mixed bag of players. Some slow, some fast, big characters, quiet guys. All dictated by who is available, who we can afford, punts on talent, pragmatism etc etc.

gajender

You're seeing what you want to see. Are Mount and Eriksen known for their big on pitch character? More so than Maguire was when we signed him? Course not. Mount dissapeared last season when Chelsea struggled, he dissapears at international level. I'm happy we've signed him but the idea his signing is the start of a new approach to transfers is a bit of a nonsense.

Ole started McFred. ETH has dropped them for the much less physically tenacious Eriksen.

Reality is ETH, like all managers, will sign a mixed bag of players. Some slow, some fast, big characters, quiet guys. All dictated by who is available, who we can afford, punts on talent, pragmatism etc etc.
That there is the crux of it isn't it , Hindsight is always 20 -20 you can spin it in different ways based on results .

ForeverRed1

Disagree. Club should focus on getting a GK and ST now. Any other position is a bonus. We definitely don’t need a LW.
Yeah I didn’t even discuss gk and defence, this was just midfield and striker. The issue with the striker at the moment is we’d all love kane or Osimhen and we might still get one of them.. but if it’s unattainable that could be the route we take. IF we go for a LW, that could be the idea. Possibly.

Paul778

Ole started McFred. ETH has dropped them for the much less physically tenacious Eriksen(which I agree with). How does that fit with prioritising physically tenacious players?
I think ETH has a huddle rate of technical ability that he wants all his players to have, so they can play high tempo, technical football and can break down the top teams counter press.

Obviously once all the players have that, he will then prioritise the other components of the game. These days raw pace, acceleration and physicality are all must haves for top players in top teams. Some of these are more or less important considering the players position, but I think ETH lower level hurdle for his expectation of how technical one of his players is is way higher than Oles.

Hackman2210

Between today and tomorrow is where Kang lives, the one who remains. He's a bit like Phil Jones in that respect.

AndySmith1990

May as well cut to the chase and agree to £45m to get it wrapped up. But in any case the clubs are close enough that it should get done sooner or later

Dannn411

Going to guess this will get done at 45+5 which will bring total spend to £100m (excluding add ons) which, by most accounts, is the absolute upper limit of our available funds this summer. Firesale incoming surely because we cannot go into another season with no CF.

LiamB

Works beautifully for Inter if we buy him and they can try and pick up De Gea on a free.