Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
Value at 50, take 40 and get him out of the club. We need to start selling!!! Get our striker, sell a few more lplayers, steal Caicedo.
And where is he going to play? The starting 3 mids are Bruno, Casemiro and Mount.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Hey man, good to ‘see you’ - not seen you around in a while, you good?
Also, what the feck are you talking about?!! :lol:
That was supposed to be bank advisor or whatever the person is called :lol:

Point being the Glazers have no reason for resentment towards their investment that made them quite a bit of money, don't see why people expect animosity

ForeverRed1

This club really is clueless. Put it down to 40m and we'll have a good few clubs wanting him. Now we'll be stuck with a useless CB and pay him dumb wages.
50 mil can be negotiated. They’re not going to low ball themselves. If someone comes in for 40 they will probably take it or for close to that.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
If we're selling Fred or Mctominay, we will most definitely need another midfielder. Ambrabat would be perfect

Dannn411

Yeah I think we will end up signing Amrabat because Fred is very likely gone. Amrabat would be a very good signing. Don't think he's a DM however.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
“No one will pay x amount for Maguire, we’ll only get 10M for him”.

Guarantee you if we went back in time six months and I told you we’d be paying 50M+ for Mount with 12 months on his contract, you’d have told me to put the pipe down and get some help.

Football valuations aren’t based on memes, we’re right in pushing for 40/50M

SirScholes

“No one will pay x amount for Maguire, we’ll only get 10M for him”.

Guarantee you if we went back in time six months and I told you we’d be paying 50M+ for Mount with 12 months on his contract, you’d have told me to put the pipe down and get some help.

Football valuations aren’t based on memes, we’re right in pushing for 40/50M
surely 50mil for a Chelsea’s two time player of the year on top of English tax is not a crazy take?
50 mil for a player that has become a meme on the otherhand

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
surely 50mil for a Chelsea’s two time player of the year on top of English tax is not a crazy take?
50 mil for a player that has become a meme on the otherhand
You can put any spin on fees you want really.

£50m for a player who would have been free in 12 months.

£51m for a player who was free last summer (Onana).

It makes little sense for United to just bend over and accept low-ball valuations.

fezzerUTD

Rashford would have a terrible time replacing Mbappe at PSG. He isn't close to the same quality and would be replacing a French superstar. The fans would turn on him quickly.
No doubt, especially when he turns up when he pleases and then spends the rest of the time walking around half arsed.

SirScholes

It makes little sense for United to just bend over and accept low-ball valuations.
If it frees up the wage bill and allows us to improve the squad whilst removing a thorn in its side then maybe it does
Does matter of he’s free in 12 month we need him now
50 mil for maguire will price a lot of teams out, I’d take between 30-50

Devil You Know

The memeification of Maguire has made him less marketable and dropped his value, just as being an England international usually makes a player more marketable and raises their value.

I think United fans have shot ourselves in the foot by being so toxic about Maguire. We've wiped out our own English player tax for the lols.

Even if buying clubs value him for how good he can be on his day, their fans who follow the internet won't want to be associated with him because of the extra online baggage. Just look at all the uproar when it was posted that Spurs might be interested.

Devil You Know

"Exploring" doesn't mean anything.

United have scouting files on 1000s of players in every league in the world. We're effectively "exploring" or "considering" or "interested in" all of them.

This is just journalist speak for "I've seen somebody else report it and I don't want to be left out".

scottser

The memeification of Maguire has made him less marketable and dropped his value, just as being an England international usually makes a player more marketable and raises their value.

I think United fans have shot ourselves in the foot by being so toxic about Maguire. We've wiped out our own English player tax for the lols.

Even if buying clubs value him for how good he can be on his day, their fans who follow the internet won't want to be associated with him because of the extra online baggage. Just look at all the uproar when it was posted that Spurs might be interested.
do you honestly think it has been just us united fans taking the piss out of maguire this last few years?
more to the point, maguire has made himself an object of even further ridicule by refusing to address the obvious shortcomings in his game over the past season and now we're supposed to accept that he's 'working hard and fighting for his place'?
bollox - that's too little, too late. the whole world knows his limits, except for poor harry. if he wants to rodwell his last few years at united so be it but the longer he stays the worse it's going to get for him.

Lee565

It feels like we are the most heavily reported club for "monitoring" players in relation to transfers, I don't see madrid, Barca, Chelsea etc.. have these reports as regular as us?

lsd

The Oracle
It feels like we are the most heavily reported club for "monitoring" players in relation to transfers, I don't see madrid, Barca, Chelsea etc.. have these reports as regular as us?

Extensive talks is the worst like is that just Murtagh saying please can we have him over and over till the other party gets fed up?

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
It's because aggregator accounts and second rate journos need engagement, so they do non-update updates where they just say we are looking at it monitoring or approaching. Never anything concrete because they actually know nothing.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I know I can barely make a post but I have to then edit out all the auto corrects. They are the worst and I'm sure they have gotten people into real trouble
Not on a forum, but in a text to my then hot new girlfriend I had the word 'lick' autocorrect to 'kick'..... and given I was telling her what I wanted to do to her.... :lol:

lysglimt

Scout
Not on a forum, but in a text to my then hot new girlfriend I had the word 'lick' autocorrect to 'kick'..... and given I was telling her what I wanted to do to her.... :lol:
You wrote "I am gonna lick you out of here" - so the break-up backfired madly ? :)

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Pffft. Like you had a hot girlfriend, Gary.