Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

lysglimt

Scout
What the hell has Paqueta ever done to be worth such a fee? I mean Pep will somehow make him look like a world beater surely, but he’s been bang average whenever I’ve watched him. Insane money, even for City standards.
Agreed - I mean clearly the guy is talented, but I just dont see why City are so desperate to sign him after the season he had. Surely there are just as talented players out there for £25 million less.

Red00012

Please keep Liverpool and City out of here it’s the best tweets thread on the forum don’t ruin it .

redshaw

What the hell has Paqueta ever done to be worth such a fee? I mean Pep will somehow make him look like a world beater surely, but he’s been bang average whenever I’ve watched him. Insane money, even for City standards.
West Ham paid a lot for him recently and has looked a very good technical player in France and England that is probably a premium now plus Premier League money.

quadrant

I don't understand the market anymore. At this rate McT is worth 60m.
That is wild. Unfortunately, Pep has a great eye for a player, so he almost certainly sees something many of us don't.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.

I don't understand the market anymore. At this rate McT is worth 60m.
I had some poster arguing with me when I said we should be expected a minimum of 40 million for McTominay given his age and profile. He was saying 15 million was his level

NotQuiteManc

Judging by the transfer activities in the last 24-48 hours, I am happy that United managed to complete (most) of the transfers-ins the way and the rate that they did it. Still, I am hoping for a surprise or two before the end of the window. :devil:

James35

So we won’t let him go yet because we need to have discussions with players and pick our favourite. Who works like this?

Red00012

West Ham paid a lot for him recently and has looked a very good technical player in France and England that is probably a premium now plus Premier League money.
Stop discussing non Utd players /tweets on here

vodrake

So we won’t let him go yet because we need to have discussions with players and pick our favourite. Who works like this?
I think most teams try to have their replacement in place before finalising a sale if they can do, so they don't get taken to the cleaners afterwards

Nogho

I guess the deal is done and sorted, but United are waiting for some answers themself before letting him go. They don't want to be left with three center backs. I guess.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 2:

United are consulting various key stakeholders, including members of the Women's team. All of the info will be passed over to Richard Arnold, who'll make the final decision.

coldtrafford

I actually like the way prices are skyrocketing for every Tom, Dick and Harry. It's going to severely punish clubs without good scouting systems in place and clubs who always want the ready made product and don't want to do the development work. It will also help to redistribute wealth and funds to smaller clubs and leagues for better than any official programme will ever be able to do.
Tom and Dick. Harry is still 30m.

I somewhat agree with your point though, but I wish the best were at 50m instead of 100.

Alemar

Tier 2:

United are consulting various key stakeholders, including members of the Women's team. All of the info will be passed over to Richard Arnold, who'll make the final decision.
What were they doing over the last many months if they still need to consult various stakeholders?

RORY65

What were they doing over the last many months if they still need to consult various stakeholders?
I guess they wanted to have all of the facts before consulting with stakeholders but briefing that part of that consultation will be with the women's players, 3 of whom are currently preparing for a World Cup quarter final tomorrow, and putting some responsibility on them (knowing that if they're understandably not happy with him returning that they will get a load of shit from dickheads on social media) isn't really on.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Was clear that they intended to do a statement at some point this weekend about him returning, hoped that it would be drowned out by the rest of the goings on in the Premier League (they even put out a puff piece in The Times) but have got cold feet after today's statement and planned protests by supporters.

Alemar

Was clear that they intended to do a statement at some point this weekend about him returning, hoped that it would be drowned out by the rest of the goings on in the Premier League (they even put out a puff piece in The Times) but have got cold feet after today's statement and planned protests by supporters.
There will always be protests. Someone is always unhappy, there is no need to appease everyone. Just make a decision and be done with it.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source (Tier 3): Nice-Matin

• Ten Hag's call to Todibo convinced the player to pick United over other suitors.
  • The deal may happen in the last 2 weeks of the window.
  • Price: no less than €40m
    • Allows Nice to bring in a new left back & midfielder

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
The stats virgins say he is a more complete player than what he has shown in Moyes system

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I guess they wanted to have all of the facts before consulting with stakeholders but briefing that part of that consultation will be with the women's players, 3 of whom are currently preparing for a World Cup quarter final tomorrow, and putting some responsibility on them (knowing that if they're understandably not happy with him returning that they will get a load of shit from dickheads on social media) isn't really on.
They are hanging Arnold and the women’s players out to dry.

Both will get masses of abuse either way now.

Devil You Know

Tier 2:

Predictable. This was never going to be as easy as the club seemed to think it would be.

edcunited1878

Predictable. This was never going to be as easy as the club seemed to think it would be.
They didn't just realize this now...media are trying to stir shit up right before the season starts.

Again, squad turnover is going to be a gradual process where time and patience it required but always ignored.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Tier 2:

This is unfair on everyone. If you are not ready for the shitstorm, let him go.

croadyman

Source (Tier 3): Nice-Matin

• Ten Hag's call to Todibo convinced the player to pick United over other suitors.
  • The deal may happen in the last 2 weeks of the window.
  • Price: no less than €40m
    • Allows Nice to bring in a new left back & midfielder
Two more weeks FFS

Remember the geese

Tier 2:

This is all just PR. Making the world very aware that we have consulted the women's team. Really they should have been spoken to months ago as part of the investigation.