Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

Zumbi

Not many of the youngsters we purchased over the past few years and had high hopes for have progressed that well have they?
I think that’s par for the course to be honest. The levels at the top are just so high that only a fraction of promising young players can ever make the step up to play consistently at those levels. It’s all well and good showing promise but if just one component of their development falls short, whether that’s technically, physically or tactically etc, then they won’t cut it for a top team in the PL.

Of course, many will find their level and end up having successful professional careers, just not necessarily at Utd or even in the PL. I’m glad we seem to be getting a bit more ruthless over moving on players that we don’t think will end up performing at the level we need, whilst making room in the squad for those that we think will. In the grand scheme of things even one or two from each class coming through into the first team squad is still huge. Imagine what the likes of Garnacho and Mainoo would cost in the current market if their current development trajectory continues.

Reactions: Penna

lysglimt

Scout
Not many of the youngsters we purchased over the past few years and had high hopes for have progressed that well have they?
That young winger we signed from Atletico - he at least did fairly ok

sparx99

I’m not as big a fan as some around here. Don’t think he’s good defensively and lacks pace. Let him go elsewhere to reinvent himself and buy him back if he becomes good. There’s no point holding him just for the sake of it to loan him again
I thought his pace was one of his supposed strengths.

sparx99

And why did it happen? Because he was playing for the first team, not for U-something
You still have to earn graduation from those levels though.

For what it’s worth I’ve seen enough about Alvaro Fernandez that I think he could usurp Malacia and eventually replace Shaw.

He does need to be playing this season though to continue his development and another year in the Championship or a PL loan where he plays would’ve been ideal.

If we sell and have a buy-back or sell on then I’m fine with that. Madrid did similar with Carvajal and a few others and it can work well.

lysglimt

Scout
And why did it happen? Because he was playing for the first team, not for U-something
No because he was more talented. Mainoo would be playing now if he hadn't been injured because he is equally talented

Robertd0803

It does seem to be a pretty disappointing trend I agree. Maybe we are all guilty of over hyping and hoping the likes of Garner will become the next Carrick but we do seem to have an awful of younger prospects not making the step up to the next level for various reasons.

Maybe its the same for other clubs and we just dont follow them in the same detail.

SirScholes

It does seem to be a pretty disappointing trend I agree. Maybe we are all guilty of over hyping and hoping the likes of Garner will become the next Carrick but we do seem to have an awful of younger prospects not making the step up to the next level for various reasons.

Maybe its the same for other clubs and we just dont follow them in the same detail.
Most will have good career

have to remember there isn’t many players who make it to starting for teams such as us

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Where the hell are all these goalkeepers we're selling coming from!?

Have to laugh at Henderson, the most likely to leave at the start of the transfer window, still being here.

Red00012

We have got rid of a lot of GK’s and Henderson isn’t one of them is funny :lol: