Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

Jimmy Greenhoff's Chest

Out of the options mentioned I think this is the best move. The concern is he's not played in a back 4 while in the PL and quite frankly he was terrible last season for Chelsea.
He played in a back 4 for about half the season at Brighton the season before last, they switched between a back 3 and 4 pretty regularly. He also played LB in a 4 a few times last season at Chelsea, so he has played there, and at Brighton at least he played there well. Just try and forget last season.

Paul778

Sigh. Was hoping we'd see movement on VDB, mct and/or slabhead today. The fact that none of them have progressed looks like Shaws replacement is it.

FML

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Sigh. Was hoping we'd see movement on VDB, mct and/or slabhead today. The fact that none of them have progressed looks like Shaws replacement is it.

FML
They have slabhead is going nowhere as we will not pay the amount of money he wants to leave. Scott T I think it was either him or Fred and again people might not pay the price we seem to value him at. VDB I have not got a clue what is going on there.

Thiagoal

I thought this was a loan? Why would we be negotiating with him regarding the contract that Chelsea have to pay him? Surely we’d negotiate the amount with Chelsea- which I suspect will be 100%

Plastic Evra

I thought this was a loan? Why would we be negotiating with him regarding the contract that Chelsea have to pay him? Surely we’d negotiate the amount with Chelsea- which I suspect will be 100%
Personal terms might encompass more things than just wages, perhaps. Or it is just a way to say United made sure he wouldn't reject the loan or that EtH gave him the broad lines of the tactical project he'll be part of.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Just Romano trying to add more to the story when he probably knows nothing.

cj_sparky

Well Cucurella is on more than Luke Shaw a week, maybe Chelsea are unwilling to subsidize the wages and we don't want to give him £175k a week.

kps88

Add another 7m and we got Malacia on a permanent transfer. 7m for a season loan is way too high. Chelsea really trying to milk us for every penny.
As expected. I'd have wanted us to do the same if a top four rival desperately needed an emergency loan signing.

Devil81

How bad is this Shaw injury??

Malacia isn't far off fitness, is this loan essential.

Surely of positions are more important. I can only make logic of it if Maguire is going and ETH intends to use Shaw more a CB to allow the occasional rest for Martinez.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
How bad is this Shaw injury??

Malacia isn't far off fitness, is this loan essential.

Surely of positions are more important. I can only make logic of it if Maguire is going and ETH intends to use Shaw more a CB to allow the occasional rest for Martinez.
Shaw is reportedly out until December. Not early Dec either

saik

As expected. I'd have wanted us to do the same if a top four rival desperately needed an emergency loan signing.
We have paid them handsomely for Mount, they should give us a discount here. :wenger:

Blood Mage

Not absolving them of blame but our transfer spending and recruitment has been horseshit for years, Woodward, Murtough and Co are just as much to blame.
Yeah but who hired them and kept them in their jobs for that long?

Xaviboy

[/QUOTE]
We have been offered Hojbjerg? this mean we could negotiate a good fee. Reading earlier someone mentioned £35 million?

Dannn411

We have been offered Hojbjerg? this mean we could negotiate a good fee. Reading earlier someone mentioned £35 million?
[/QUOTE]
£35m would be a terrible fee of Hojbjerg. Not worth more than £20m max.

Xaviboy

[/QUOTE]

I agree. £20 million would be decent fee for him. Madness if we pay £35 million.

Need a midfielder in. Few injuries starting to happen now with big players, one injury or suspension to Casemiro and we are in trouble.

aeh1991

Why would you wanna pay 35m on another McT? would be mental

AndySmith1990

[/QUOTE]
If at the age of 28 he's not worth £20m then we shouldn't be bothering with him at all

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
What makes you lot think you know the correct value of players :lol:

£20m yeh spot on, £22m? Nah.

Plastic Evra

It's not so much what he is worth intrinsically (if that's even a thing). 30-35 is what Spurs expect off the back of supposed Atleti bids and good for them. 20 would be good value for United if you consider he can be a prime rotation option.

Lee565

Why are we intent on strengthening our champions league rivals by bidding for their rejects, if they ain't good enough for spurs and Chelsea why would we want them?

Irishman

Why are we intent on strengthening our champions league rivals by bidding for their rejects, if they ain't good enough for spurs and Chelsea why would we want them?
Beggars can't be choosers. Glazernomics.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
7m for one season!
Weve been rode again
Is it really that bad a deal when you think about it?

Look at out last 10 years of outlays, what we've got from the player and then how much we recouped.
7m for a season is probably actually good value.
As long as he's not awful obviously.

AndySmith1990

Is it really that bad a deal when you think about it?

Look at out last 10 years of outlays, what we've got from the player and then how much we recouped.
7m for a season is probably actually good value.
As long as he's not awful obviously.
Would anyone pay us £7m to loan Maguire or Mctominay for a season?

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Why? What amazing left back are we getting on loan at the last minute? Cucurella is a much better option than I expected in this situation.
Watched almost every Chelsea game last year and everytime he played he did something stupid or showed that he can't handle playing for a top club. I saw us linked to Tagliafico as well in the Transfer Tweets, would prefer him 10/10 times. A fighter with a good mentality instead of a shakey player like Cucurella. If I were to choose about loaning him for 7m or not get a left back at all I'd choose the latter. People on here really telling themselves they're getting the Brighton version when in reality they'll be coming for his head after watching him in action for 30mins in our shirt.