Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

Woodzy

Is Fernandez that bad ?
Thought he looked promising during pre-season and there wasn't many positives to take away from pre-season.
His lack of experience makes him a risk and I don’t think ETH is willing to take risks atm.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
His lack of experience makes him a risk and I don’t think ETH is willing to take risks atm.
It's hardly fair on the kid as well. Imagine dropping him in against Saka at the weekend as his debut, way to potentially destroy a lads confidence.

Withnail

In that conversation they talk about “Arab money” to buy “Kane, Rice”
we’ve spent enough money in recent years to buy them ten times over
So yer money on the team has been spent ?

not sure I’m wrong there
We are in the situation we are in now because of the Glazers and their mismanagement. It's churlish and short sighted to claim oh well they let the club spend some of their own money.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
It's hardly fair on the kid as well. Imagine dropping him in against Saka at the weekend as his debut, way to potentially destroy a lads confidence.
Shaw was playing in the PL when he was 16. Obviously with the talks of a sale and the fact the management are going back into the market says all we need to know about what the manager thinks of Alvaro right now. He should be getting the game or be let go. If he can’t step into the team at 20 for a few months it’s not great

BootsyCollins

But you could apply this logic to every team on the planet. It'd help if they just bought another player or two.

At some point you have to say that's enough money spent. Enough has been given to managers to create a very good team.

Which it has at United.
Well yes, kind off.

Every team on the planet dont make as much money as us, or has as much taken out from the club by greedy owners. Theres lies my point.

peridigm

I'd love for someone on the inside to write a tell all on the Glazer era. Would be a top seller.

Snafu17

It's quite funny seeing an Italian club bitching about a low offer by United, considering how often the roles are reversed.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Destroy ? abit melodramatic.
He could very much rise to the occasion, especially with the full backing from his manager.

Anyway, I guess the fact United are willing to move Fernandez on, loan or permanently, says it all about ETH views on the player.
Shame really. Looks like quite a direct, enthusiastic fullback.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
What a weak end to the window from us. Typically the mood at end of the window permeates through to the rest of the season. And we’re finishing with with an absolute whimper and small time activity.

James35

Just want this window to end now so we don’t have to hear anymore about our pathetic attempts to sell/buy/loan.

EtH has his squad now, it’s up to him and them to make sure this season doesn’t end in a pile of shit.

Just pray a sale materialises before next summer otherwise it will be the same all over again.

sparx99

It's quite funny seeing an Italian club bitching about a low offer by United, considering how often the roles are reversed.
Not to mention they are happy with loan to buys from direct rivals in Serie A. Fiorentina themselves loaned their star player (Chiesa) to Juventus for 10m euros for two seasons with a buy option. Now they want 10m for Amrabat for one season whose nowhere near as good.

SirScholes

We are in the situation we are in now because of the Glazers and their mismanagement. It's churlish and short sighted to claim oh well they let the club spend some of their own money.
Again, not saying they aren’t an issue, they clearly are

but

saying Arab money will fix this mess is ridiculous
We’ve spent stupid amounts of money

SirScholes

10 Mill Euros loan for a player they want to sell for 17 is just as ridiculous as our offer tbf.
From their side, we wanted to buy him so what’s the issue
And the way he’s went about throwing his toys out the pram, I’d want United to do the same if roles were reversed

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
To be fair Italian football has been skint for over a decade now ,so their low-ball offers atleast have some logical grounds to them, even if some of these offers do look mildly amusing and have been memed to death in recent times.

While the PL is absolutely rolling in it, in-comparison. Which, from their point of view, you can understand why our offer, from one of the worlds major sporting institutions, looks like abit of a joke.
But of course we've got our own reasons (Glazers, FFP).

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
@VP89 you might be correct on Mason Mount in the end but considering the current pathetic situation and the holes in our team, do you still think it was worth buying him and spunking 60m of our budget?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
What a weak end to the window from us. Typically the mood at end of the window permeates through to the rest of the season. And we’re finishing with with an absolute whimper and small time activity.
It's been a weak window in general really.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Was actually excited by the prospect of Cucurella, now it’s just a damp cloth of a signing

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
The Wout of LBs!

To be fair when he first came to the PL he looked good, for a few months? He’s been terrible though for ages. I really really dislike this signing.
Yeah, he did start really well. I remember a lot of Spurs fans were worried that Madrid were going to exercise their buy-back clause. Over time though he just got gradually worse. He does have some good attributes(pace, aggression, decent delivery) so maybe a change of scenery might get him going again.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
@VP89 you might be correct on Mason Mount in the end but considering the current pathetic situation and the holes in our team, do you still think it was worth buying him and spunking 60m of our budget?
It was completely idiotic.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I’m convinced Chelsea played Cucurella last night on purpose to feck with us. Watch him play not a single minute from here on out.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
ETH thought Mount was worth prioritising over every other type of midfielder.
So, what we think he or United should've done is irrelevant really.

Personally I think ETH has seen a fair amount in Mainoo in recent months to feel confident in making him a first team player.

Withnail

Again, not saying they aren’t an issue, they clearly are

but

saying Arab money will fix this mess is ridiculous
We’ve spent stupid amounts of money
Nobody said that as far as I can see. My reading is that they were talking about the optimism from earlier in the year vs the scrabbling around for loans at the end. You're seemingly fixating on the money aspect and trying to say the Glazers have given the club money. The Glazers never gave the club a penny. Not sure why you're dying on this hill but I've no time for this conversation anymore. Take it easy